It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: The 9/11 Interview... Screw-Up

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Many of you recall the screw up of Bush saying he saw the first plane hit the tower.

The reporter asks:
"How could Bush see, what he said he saw?"

Well, I may have found another Bush screw up.
At least, I haven't noticed anyone else pointing it out.
So I apologize ahead of time if this has been discussed already:

It comes from this video celebrating, 10 years of 9-11.

National Geographic Channel presents George W. Bush: The 9/11 Interview, a world premiere documentary that reveals exclusive, first-person insight into the former president's experience following the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

Lets begin at 4:30 (of the video)
AF1 lands at Barksdale AFB, Shreport LA

Bush describes the scene as a combat zone.
Why? I have no idea, what did he expect to see on an air-force base?
Maybe he shouldn't of been AWOL back in the day.

At 5:08
Bush states he gets into a vehicle.
And this kid is driving, him, the President, at like 100 mph. Really?
Finally Bush tells the kid, "Slow down, Al Quaeda is not here"
(Bush smiles as he has just told a joke)

At 8:17
Offutt AFB, NE
Bush says he is brought there by the military and SS (lol) because it was the safest place for him.
It has a bunker there... its actually

the headquarters of the U.S. Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM)

On 1 June 1992, President George H. W. Bush established the U.S. Strategic Command out of the Strategic Air Command (SAC) and other Cold War military bodies, now obsolete due to the change in world politics.

In preparation to the New World Order?

The activation of the new USSTRATCOM took place on 1 October 2002. The merged command was responsible for both early warning of and defense against missile attack as well as long-range strategic attacks.
President George W. Bush signed Change Two to the Unified Command Plan on 10 January 2003, and tasked USSTRATCOM with four previously unassigned responsibilities: global strike, missile defense integration, Department of Defense Information Operations, and C4ISR (command and control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance). This combination of roles, capabilities and authorities under a single unified command was unique in the history of unified commands.

USSTRATCOM promotes global security for America: The missions of U.S. Strategic Command are to deter attacks on U.S. vital interests, to ensure U.S. freedom of action in space and cyberspace, to deliver integrated kinetic and non-kinetic effects to include nuclear and information operations in support of U.S. Joint Force Commander operations, to synchronize global missile defense plans and operations, to synchronize regional combating of weapons of mass destruction plans, to provide integrated surveillance and reconnaissance allocation recommendations to the SECDEF, and to advocate for capabilities as assigned.

Basically the guys who will plan or are planning wars against the US citizens.

Back to the video...

Bush goes into a bunker, connects with all his departments as says at 9:09:

""My question was, "who did it?""

Wait... what? Rewind!

"Slow down, Al Quaeda is not here"

Bush then goes to say, at 9:24 of the video, that HIS first indication that it could have been Al Qaeda was
during his National Security meeting at Offutt AFB.

I ask:
How could Bush know, what he said he knew?

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 6-9-2011 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 9/6/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Whoa, good point.

I actually watched that (though I do admit to some facepalms during the course of the show), and I remember his little anecdote about the high-speed ride. I didn't make the connection about what he said, though.

Well done, thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Good find OP!

Really , well spotted. What he said doesn't balance logically. It may not be a big lie, but it definitely shows that there loopholes in what he's telling us.

The more clips of these lies we can compile, the more evident his lies will be.
Peace

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I would of missed that if it wasn't pointed out.
Thanks for sharig that.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Let me get this straight, on the day of the worst terrorist attack in history, the President of the United States tells a pimply faced Airman (who probably didn't expect to be driving POTUS when he woke up that day) to slow down because a well-known terrorist group isn't on the flight line.....then when he is with his advisors, he asks them, who did it.....THAT is proof he is lying about something??????

Seriously?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
You people will find any thing to cling on to in the hope someone gives you some attention.

In the months Before the 9/11 attack Bush and his cronies had all been warned that an Al Quieda attack was highly probable at some time. In fact Bush actually ignored the Head of the CIA at the time and brushed it aside.

So seeing as how there are many meetings daily in the White house concerning possible threats to the US dont you SUPPOSE that one of the topics was Al Quieda terrorists and them wanting to attack the US.?????? After all they all knew bin laden was planning an attack. That is documented and part of history.

So when someone did attack the US its easy to assume that it was Al Quieda just off the top of your head. So for someone like Bush who is rather slow his joke was actually more to the point by accident than he actually knew. Al Quieda had been mentioned in the lead up to 9/11 that they may attack the US and that Bin Laden had planned an attack. People just did not know when.

9/11 was down to ignorance and having Bush in charge. He did not know up from down.

Many many many warnings were given to the White House about a likely attack in the near future. All warnings were brushed off as "impossible".

So, stop reading things into somethin until you look at the big picture and all that happens in daily life in the Whitehouse and in the intelligence community.

You are all grasping at tiny tiny straws as always. Always pointing uneducated fingers at people.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Maybe because there is a difference between thinking who did it and knowing who did it. Kind of like your neighbor constantly threatening to kill your dog if he finds it in his yard one more time. You come home from work and find your dog dead in your yard. You call the police...and say "I know my neighbor killed my dog". The cops come, take pictures, statements. They come to your door and say: we have finished our investigation. You say: ok...so who killed my dog?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596
Let me get this straight, on the day of the worst terrorist attack in history, the President of the United States tells a pimply faced Airman (who probably didn't expect to be driving POTUS when he woke up that day) to slow down because a well-known terrorist group isn't on the flight line.....then when he is with his advisors, he asks them, who did it.....THAT is proof he is lying about something??????

Seriously?

What is a flight line?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Maybe because there is a difference between thinking who did it and knowing who did it. Kind of like your neighbor constantly threatening to kill your dog if he finds it in his yard one more time. You come home from work and find your dog dead in your yard. You call the police...and say "I know my neighbor killed my dog". The cops come, take pictures, statements. They come to your door and say: we have finished our investigation. You say: ok...so who killed my dog?

So what you are saying is that Bush was aware that Al Quaeda would strike, and just made a joke about it?
You think its OK for the President to make a joke about the terrorist who just killed potentially thousands of people and put the nation into a shock?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
You people will find any thing to cling on to in the hope someone gives you some attention.

In the months Before the 9/11 attack Bush and his cronies had all been warned that an Al Quieda attack was highly probable at some time. In fact Bush actually ignored the Head of the CIA at the time and brushed it aside.

So seeing as how there are many meetings daily in the White house concerning possible threats to the US dont you SUPPOSE that one of the topics was Al Quieda terrorists and them wanting to attack the US.?????? After all they all knew bin laden was planning an attack. That is documented and part of history.

Do I suppose? Why should I suppose?
Im just going by what the man said.
Do you have concrete evidence that stated Al Quaeda was planning to attack the US?
And that this information was given to BUSH?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Seriously?

you don´t find that fishy.. at all??

seriously??

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
i'm glad you posted this, because there was another thread about the interview in which i mentioned your first vid and how it wasn't the first time he had recalled the experiences on camera, and that there is some conflicting retrospection.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

The Flight Line is that big piece of concrete that they park airplanes on at airports, Air Force bases, Naval Air Stations etc....

The Airman involved was tearing across it, driving the President, at a speed that, quite frankly, is forbidden no matter what.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Considering that my first thought, upon hearing the first radio reports that morning, was that Osama Bin Laden had a hand in it....no, I dont think it is fishy that the Commander in Chief would make a joke to help steady a kid nerves and put him at relative ease. Quite frankly, that is what a leader is SUPPOSED to do.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

I think that the government and Bush did know what was going on and had much more info than they claimed they had.

I do think that it is a conspiracy and that somehow our own people are behind the attacks, or even TPTB are behind them. Who knows...

I do believe Bush was involved
but I want to play devils advocate and say we all know Bush was a semi-idiot who always mixed up words and would say things that made no sense. Maybe he was just under pressure and made up stories to seem like he was more involved and in control of an out of control situation??

While I wish that to be true, I do think Bush's family is a member of a secret society and know what is REALLY going on on this planet.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by vipertech0596

ok then we´re done talking and i really don´t mean this in a negative or harming way.

i´m just done debating 9/11 with someone who believes the OS. (again no harm intended, we just differ opinions)

but debating this with an 'OS-er' is like stomping your head against a brick wall.
and i'm sure it feels the same the other way around.

and i can absolutely see where you're coming from.
but having made up my mind about 9/11 this is another small piece in the puzzle to me.

nevertheless, have a nice one

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

reply to post by FoosM

The Flight Line is that big piece of concrete that they park airplanes on at airports, Air Force bases, Naval Air Stations etc....

The Airman involved was tearing across it, driving the President, at a speed that, quite frankly, is forbidden no matter what.

Thanks for the info.
Yes, I dont believe that this person would be driving at such speeds, especially with the President in the back seat. Thats the problem with this "joke" the president said he told. Which Im wondering if it actually happened or he said it to spice up the story for the documentary.

1. The fact that they were speeding.
2. The fact that the President wasn't alone in the vehicle and that nobody else made a comment about the speed, "Like slow down, your driving the President"
3. The president described the trip as "bouncing along" as if he was on a dirt road.
4. The fact that the President was aware that the possibility of the attack being Al Qaeda came later in the day.
5. The fact that the President, if he suspected Osama Bin Laden, didnt just say Osama Bin Laden to the driver.
5. How the hell would the average soldier know who or what Al Qaeda was back in 2001?
6. What impression gave anyone, President included, at that time it was an attack by foreigners and not domestic persons?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

reply to post by kn0wh0w

Considering that my first thought, upon hearing the first radio reports that morning, was that Osama Bin Laden had a hand in it....no, I dont think it is fishy that the Commander in Chief would make a joke to help steady a kid nerves and put him at relative ease. Quite frankly, that is what a leader is SUPPOSED to do.

while I do believe GWB was very capable of simply using his natural bad taste, and making a terribly bad joke, keep in mind, unlike the average citizen, the POTUS had recieved intelligence about AQ, and even if he didnt know "an attack was going to happen", he would have "known AQ was a real threat.

Would it then seem in character for him to make that joke?

Seems a little out of charcter for even GWB.
just sayin'.

Those are my 2 cents. Add $4.50 to it and you get a cup of coffe at Starbucks.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is exactly why I couldn't spend the time to watch this Gas Bag spew his lies now that he's got the statute of limitations behind him.

He certainly didn't joke around with what he said when he and Cheney refused to testify under oath to the 911 commission.

But would only testify if while he sat on Cheney's lap allowing Cheney to dictate exactly what came out of his mouth...I bet you never knew that Cheney was a Ventriloquist did you ?!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

So if you're not going to debate 9/11 with someone who believes the majority of the reality of 9/11...who are you going to debate it with? Just curious.............

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join