It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop breaks your leg...then you end up in jail because you couldn't stand in court

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Now that's some screwed up case. The judge and the cops, you are a disgrace.

'Contempt' for Not Standing on a Broken Leg

A man who was eating a taco at a Raleigh bus stop says a cop swept-kicked him to the ground, broke his leg and arrested him, then hauled him before a judge who sentenced him to 30 days in jail for contempt, because he could not stand on his broken leg.

That's some nice justice you got there.

And still people say that the legal system (because it's certainly not a justice system) works...

edit on 4-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Im in the CJ system and im gonna get my degree then get the F out.. Cops (not all of them) are becoming the disgrace to society.. Im beginning to believe NWA when they said "F*** the Police"..

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I hate to say it...but is this a joke? The article seems so Onion News-ish it's almost funny. I can't tell if this is satire or if its serious.

Rollins grabbed Artis by his still taco-laden arm, and spun Artis around with great force, which pivoted Artis on his left leg and sent the hapless taco flying.

Like, that is funny!

The actual story is kind of messed up, but the article made me laugh. Plus, if it is real, sue the # out of Raleigh PD and buy your own taco shop.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
You leave out that he didn't actually spend 30 days in jail, and he's probably going to get a fat paycheck because of the whole ordeal.

It'll probably be a good thing for him in the long run.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
He only got 30 days? The judge went easy on him.
**That's the roid rage cop mindset**

On the other side of "the law", I know a guy due to go to prison for 5 years, but most public defenders don't think he'll serve more than 90 days because he's such a major revenue generator for their system. He can't stop breaking laws or beating his women, and he makes a lot of future criminal babies in his travels.

Seems the more trouble you get into, in some areas of the country, the more they try to keep you out on the street. It's like a running joke to the people who see this go on weekly.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
You leave out that he didn't actually spend 30 days in jail,

Doesn't matter. The point is that the judge still charged him.

Originally posted by Ghost375and he's probably going to get a fat paycheck because of the whole ordeal.

And he should. But instead of paying people who get screwed... the cops and the judges who violated the guy's civil rights should pay a fine and do jail. Just saying ``you can't do that`` won't fix anything.... especially when it's the taxpayers paying and not the cops/judges involved.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
~awaits Kro32's 2cents on this one..lol~
this is is seriously jacked up, while funny in the victims delivery of the obvious, in regards to beer/tacos!

the cop was wrong in this move here though, recognize a smart ass when you see one and keep it moving. it wasnt the guys beer...according to taco man...nothing to see here, move along should've been the next step.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
There is not one other profession where crap like this keeps happening. There is no defending these guys. This gang in blue has time and time again, without failure, shown us all they lack the basic judgement necessary to get through an eight hour shift, without completely abusing their authority, and another persons basic human rights.

What part of "protect and serve" do these power-abusing clowns actually attempt to incorporate into their jobs? They are the worst kind of coward, hiding behind their badges, abusing their power left and right, until they get caught, where they then hide behind a separate set of rules, which don't exist for us.

They are very similar to the playground bully, who picks a fight with a kid half his size, and when he actually starts losing the fight(because he's a cowards to begin with), ten of his friends come out from behind a corner and finish the job. They are the law, they abuse their power at will, and will get away with it, because they share a mob mentality, and have ten of their friends looking after them.
edit on 5-9-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yeah, they do that. Thought everyone knew that...my brother's leg was broken when he was apprehended by law enforcement and yeah, I'm sure he fought them every step of the way so they had to take him down. But it's what happens after that; are you sent to the ER for medical care or you just booked?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
So let me get this right. The cop breaks his leg
, he is arrested, Put before a judge who, charges him with contempt of court. Since the individual cannot stand up? Good lord what is the USA comming to nowadays
Way over the top in my opinion..

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
You leave out that he didn't actually spend 30 days in jail, and he's probably going to get a fat paycheck because of the whole ordeal.

It'll probably be a good thing for him in the long run.

Wow, pathetic police apologist's like you need to be sterilized. Your such a blatant psychopath.. just wow. I have no idea how you can sleep at night. Police, Prosecutors and Judges need to lose their liability protection. If a Judge, Prosecutor or Police Officer mess up they need to be held liable in both criminal and civil court.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The judge who charged him with contempt of court needs to be before the court.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I'm pro cop, but this IS insane, IF its true. When you are processed into jail, youre given a health exam, why wasnt this done when he was processed? Did the LEOs know that the broken leg would have been found? This guy is lucky he didnt lose his leg!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Well I must say, this is just surreal. Between this type of grinding through the system ans the recent FED acts such as raiding Gibson Guitars, Raw Milk producers, Lemonade stands, home gardeners called 'organic' and things like the CA Desert residents getting the boot, the list goes on...

I always think I've seen everything, but then, another crazy antic or bust or revelation comes from nowhere and the list is neverending.

And in an attempt to correlate this news with a great traffic stop video, something I viewed earlier, and not to get off topic, I wonder if the same jurisdiction involved here is from the same batch as those in the following video.

Where's The Little Girl

Cut from the same mold? I say Yes!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It's simply another example of the rapidly escalating unstable behavior of the police towards the average US Citizen.

top topics

join