It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hemp Plant - Mans Oldest and Safest Drug

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

oh now its chill. dont be trollin boy

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NefariousKitten

Well the OP said it was THC that cured cancer...

And hemp has less THC...

You guys need to get your stories straight!

I know what hemp is, I'm waiting for it to be legal to grow as a crop for paper where I am.

There's one trial farm here...needs a 6 foot high barbed wire fence around it because the dopey pot heads try to steal it all the time.

edit on 4/9/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I dont think the claim is that smoking pot cures cancer ,but THC oil can cure it .Maybe they took a bath in it or ate some cookies.I know someone who died of cancer and they never went near pot,Its a very grey area.
as for Bob Marley ,who knows what outside influence may have infected him, he was a big influence on young people ,and we all know that that is frowned upon,but it certainly helped him make great music.

edit on 4-9-2011 by 12voltz because: of the constant rain

link   
its sad how uninformed people are about hemp,it has been used by humans since just about forever,just look in your medeival history book about "cigars de joy" for curing such ailments as coughs,colds,asthema,respiratory problems etc....the strand the hemp makes is some 4 times stonger and more pliable than its rival cotton,hemp sends are extemely high in amino and fatty acids,( budda ate a hemp seed every day on his way to elightenment) as i wrote in a previous post on another thread,50% of the worlds pesticides are used on the cotton industry alone,if you replace cotton with hemp,we instantely reduce the worlds pesticide use by 50%,my god that is huge,and dont forget no need for herbicides to control weeds as the hemp canopy takes care of that......

hemp is such a fast growing plant it absorbes massive amounts of carbon dioxide and has a massive potential to help with such things as deforestation,(much better idea than the stupid carbon tax we now have here)...i could bang on for hours on this subject.......

peace

link   

The hemp oil has THC in it, yes. story str8?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ElliotNoir

But less than marijuana...

That's like buying the Diesel 3 series BMW for track work and ignoring the M3...

edit on 4/9/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

There are other chemicals in Hemp oil besides THC. I doubt THC alone would do the trick. You are drawing invisible circles. If you have a valid point i would like to address it but you have not made one yet.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Argument is this.

Marijuana does not cure cancer.

It may nullify the effects.

But it doesn't cure it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

You have seen exhibit A : my evidence that it does, with credible medical people who agree.

Besides your lame article that doesnt even say how she was applying it and lacking medical detail; where is your evidence?

This is not a place of your word against mine because no offense, i don't care about what you think you know. Show a credible piece of science and i will listen.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Well if Marijuana/Hemp can at least put some cancers into remission with little to no side effects that sounds great to me.

May not be a cure but it's a step in the right direction.
And that's if you dont want to believe the testimonials of people who have said hemp oil "cures" their cancer.

Have any other solutions?
edit on 4-9-2011 by NefariousKitten because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2011 by NefariousKitten because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Medical Marijuana Advocate Michelle Rainey Dies From Cancer

The US Goverment has a patent on the medicine. Even if it was legal we would not be allowed to make it because of the patent. Why would the govt keep a cancer cure from us? Because cancer is population control. Look up the ingredients in your food and find out how many of them cause cancer. This is why we have such a high spike in cancer. Their have been multiple PROVEN cures and this is a PROVEN. Big brother gets lets babies to take care of and pharmaceutical industry gets a ton of cash out of chemotherapy. Please watch the video and do some research before doubting.

Bob Marley died from toe cancer not lung cancer. No death has ever been linked to it, but I am sure you are aware of that.
edit on 4-9-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

the fact is hemp oil is not the only cancer curing agents,that has been swept under the rug as such,"Royal raymond Rife comes to mind",i wonder how many ways there are to kill cancer that actually work that big pharma has magically made disappear....

peace

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Argument is this.

Marijuana does not cure cancer.

It may nullify the effects.

But it doesn't cure it.

Is this disinfo, or ignorance?

I don't have time to find the exact pages I was looking at, but pretty recently the chatter has been the exact opposite of what you're saying... That cannabis really does help stop/prevent/kill cancers, not "just" make the patients 'feel better.'

Targeting CB2 cannabinoid receptors to treat malignant lymphoblastic disease bloodjournal.hematologylibrary.org...

Cannabinoid Receptor Agonists May Be Novel Class of Anti-Lymphoma Agents www.letfreedomgrow.com...

Boy with brain cancer is 'cured' after secretly being fed medical marijuana

4th May 2011

A desperate father whose son was suffering from a life-threatening brain tumor has revealed he gave him cannabis oil to ease his pain. And he has now apparently made a full recovery.

Cash Hyde, known as Cashy, was a perfectly healthy baby when he was born in June 2008 but became sick shortly before his second birthday.

At first he was misdiagnosed with glandular fever before his parents Mike and Kalli, from Missoula in Montana, were given the devastating news he had a serious brain tumor.

The little boy had to have arduous chemotherapy treatment to reduce the growth, which had drastic side effects including seizures and a blood infection.

His distraught parents were repeatedly told he was likely to succumb to the illness because the condition was so bad.

After one bout of high-dose chemotherapy, Cash was so weak he could not lift his head and was too sick to eat any solid food for 40 days.

It was at this point that Mr Hyde decided to take action and go down the route of medical marijuana to try to help his young son.

Cash's doctors refused to even discuss the option but his father went and sought authorization elsewhere and then secretly administered it through his son's feeding tube.

He also told doctors to stop giving Cash the cocktail of anti-nausea drugs he had been taking - although he never told them what he was doing.

Mr Hyde told KXLY News that his son started looking better right away.

Mr Hyde said: 'He hadn't eaten a thing in 40 days - and, it was really incredible to watch him take a bite of a piece of cheese. It shows that he wants to live'.

He credits the cannabis oil with helping his son get through the chemo, and say Cash has now been declared cancer free by doctors.

The boy is now back and home and living the life of a typical young boy, playing with his elder brother Colty.

Medical marijuana is legal in some states, including Montana, but its use for children is poorly understood and quite rate.

The US federal government does not recognize the legality of using the drug for medical reasons and frequently clashes with states over the issue.

Mr Hyde told KXLY: 'It's very controversial, it's very scary. But, there's nothing more scary than losing your child.'

edit on 4-9-2011 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Lame article?

From a pro-marijuana website?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Do you have a cushy job at a pharm company or something? Yes lame (as evidence). Just bc the website is pro weed doesnt mean that particular article was documented correctly to be used as valid in this discussion about the hemp plant and the medicinal uses of hemp oil.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 1825114

Cash Hyde is a poor example.

He had chemo, the marijuana was given to help alleviate the pain...as it's known to do.

It didn't cure him by itself.

As for the articles, looks like interesting reading, carries a bit more water than a youtube vid.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Lame article?

From a pro-marijuana website?

Actually i have seen many similar cases as well, this is becoming more mainstream.

Please Chadwickus, before you continue your bashing, watch some of the documentaries linked in this thread. Maybe this will open your eyes. Because once you understand why it is even banned, maybe your bias will disappear.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

reply to post by 1825114

Cash Hyde is a poor example.

He had chemo, the marijuana was given to help alleviate the pain...as it's known to do.

It didn't cure him by itself.

It would have also attacked the specific type of cancer he had, as it's known to do...

He had chemo and was getting progressively worse. The doctors were telling the parents to be prepared to watch him die because he was at his end. The only thing that changed was the addition of edible cannabis extract, and his condition almost immediately reversed.

He's not the only example, there are hundreds more similar cases but this thread will get closed and I'll be banned if I post much more...

www.brothersformercy.com...

edit on 4-9-2011 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Mate I fully understand why it's banned...did you catch where I discuss hemp being trialed here as a textile crop?

The problem is, for every person who wants to use it for practical purposes, like pain relief, textiles etc there are a hundred who are abusing it and wrecking it for them.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
OThe government will never legalize weed because they will never be able collect all the taxes. People will fogure out how to grow thier own and nobody will buy anymore.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join