It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Preps for Flu Season Ahead of Schedule

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Two new strains are on the radar: in the USA, a new Swine Flu hybrid; in Asia, a new H5N1 Bird Flu strain. Flu viruses mutate constantly, and it's not known if a pandemic will occur this season or if it does, which strain might go pandemic. The fear is an H5N1-H1N1 hybrid - which would be highly contagious and extremely virulent. …There is no vaccine for the new H5N1 strain.

The CDC just approved a rapid diagnostic test to determine exactly what flu strains are infecting patients, as part of its pandemic watch.

Manila just tightened their airport Bird Flu watch - people with symptoms won't be able to board - if they make it into the country with symptoms, they likely will be quarantined. This is a major step, and the economic consequences are potentially extreme. …The action would NOT be taken without darn good reason.

edit on 3/9/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Of all the issues in the world, pandemics scare me the most. As I stated in a previous post, my sons and myself...especially me for some reason, almost didn't make it through the swine flu in 2009. It was the most awful experience we've ever experienced. I was horribly ill from other complications for 3 months. As well as my oldest son. He has underlying medical issues as well. And my youngest was 2 at the time. His temp skyrocketed to 104 before I really even knew he was THAT sick.
Just awful.
Looks like someone has been busy cooking up something in the lab again. Maybe this go-round it will knock out more of the population like they were hoping the first time.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

For anybody that is healthy a good straighting of the immune system will ensure that the body is able to fight anything coming our way.

After all if is a new "mutating" virus, no vaccine in the world is going to help the healthy or those with compromised immune system.

Like everything when it comes with big pharma and pandemics they are the ones to win with a scaremongering of possible pandemics and new mutating viruses.

I will pass the vaccine this year like I have been doing for the last 10 years.

For those that have not choice but to trust big pharma do to compromised immune system I wish the the best and please take care of yourselves or loves ones.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

reply to post by PassedKarma

Thanks for your comments marg and PassedKarma. I agree that vaccines aren't the way to go - but my "scaremongering" is about the industrial food production that creates pandemic diseases!

...and my concern is that people are kept ignorant of what's causing this very real problem - and that it can be prevented. ...My point is that we need to demand responsible industries that do NOT contaminate our world, create new diseases and shorten our childrens' lifespans.

Also fyi marg - You know I've always said that the real danger with pandemics is NOT the fatality rate, but rather the long term chronic disease that can follow infection. ...And the research continues to validate my observation. Just did a quick search. For example:

Flu and Parkinson's - how H5N1 bird flu causes neural degeneration in mice

People infected with the bird flu virus - influenza A subtype H5N1 - go through the usual symptoms of fever, aching muscles and cough. The virus is so virulent that 60% of infected humans have died. But according to a study in mice, the infection could also take a more inconspicuous toll on the brain, causing the sorts of damage that could increase the risk of diseases like Parkinson's and Alzheimer's many years after the virus has been cleared.

a pandemic H5N1 pathogen, or other neurotropic influenza virus, could initiate CNS disorders of protein aggregation including Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases.

we believe this H5N1 infection changes the curve. It makes the brain more sensitive to another hit, possibly involving other environmental toxins...

Scientists say H5N1 avian flu may boost risk for brain diseases

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

You know that the scaremongering comes from the CDC and big pharma you just posted the informative article, I thank you for that, I have learned through the years that the best defense we have is a strong immune system, but due to over vaccination and pollution on our foods, water and air supplies in the US we are all compromised that includes healthy and none healthy.

The last time I had the seasonal flu was in the 90s, I try to boost my immune system as much as I can to be able to fight what every comes our way.

I just had emergency gallbladder surgery 7 weeks ago, so my body is still getting used to missing an important organ so I am not totally healthy right now.

But working on it before the flu season comes again.

edit on 3-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

...and my concern is that people are kept ignorant of what's causing this very real problem - and that it can be prevented. ...My point is that we need to demand responsible industries that do NOT contaminate our world, create new diseases and shorten our childrens' lifespans.

Also fyi marg - You know I've always said that the real danger with pandemics is NOT the fatality rate, but rather the long term chronic disease that can follow infection. ...And the research continues to validate my observation.

I agree completely soficrow. Its one reason that the "dismantle regulation and oversight" political movement concerns me. We aren't doing enough as it is - and trusting our corporate overlords to be responsible "on faith" is, IMHO, a deadly gamble we are sure to lose. These things aren't even being properly researched, investigated and made public knowledge, so as to protect the mighty profits. I sometimes wonder if the wizards pulling the strings think they'll somehow be immune to the pandemic they may help inadvertently create.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Your research is great! And just a few google clicks away for anyone who wants to learn for themselves.
I had a theory... My Crohn's disease had been in remission for a good 3 years until I came down with H1N1. I wasn't sure if it was a coincidence or what. But it flared up worse than it ever had in the past. It continued to bother me until just a month ago. And hey! New flu to look forward to.

On the subject of vaccinations... I took so much crap from people because I didn't vaccinate my kids against the swine flu. Granted we got it before the vaccines came out. But I never do the seasonal flu shots for them or myself. But family members were telling me I was a bad parent, etc. WHY ON EARTH would any educated person put something into their body that suddenly came onto the market? No research as to the long term effects of it. And anyway, wasn't there contamination issues or cross contamination issues at one of the main manufacturers of the vaccine?
My mom gets a flu shot every year and EVERY YEAR complains about how sick it makes her and how she thinks she has joint issues because of it. And she is no healthier come flu season than the rest of us.

Excuse the rant. I just get insanely angry about this topic and it's sad that there isn't a lot on a large scale that I can do about it. Just educate people with facts so they don't think I'm nuts!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

You know, my son is 25 and my daughter 27, I never took them for flu vaccinations in their lives, we all got the flu once in 90s none of us had the flu since then.

Flu shots do not stop any new mutating virus from making us sick, if we are to get sick is going to happen regardless.

Like I said keeping our systems ready and able to fight diseases is the best way to fight whatever comes our way.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Not taking no vaccines unless
they finish draco.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I just wanted to add a little bit to your post, I hope you don't mind. Besides getting plenty of rest, and a good diet during the up coming cold/flu season, there is one trick that I have been doing for the past 10 years to help me ward of colds and flu. Not sure how many are aware of using hydrogen peroxide in your ears upon first symptoms, can stop most colds and flu in their tracks. The moment you feel that tickle, scratchy throat, aches in your body...reach for the peroxide. I was skeptical when I was first told about it. It really does work. The sooner you start treatment, the quicker you will knock it out of your system.

Here is an article regarding this:

In 1928 Richard Simmons, M.D. hypothesized that colds and flu virus enter through the ear canal. His findings were dismissed by the medical community. According to Dr. Simmons, contrary to what you may think or have been taught about how you catch the flu or the cold there is only one way that you can catch the two, and that"s via the ear canal not through the eyes or nose or mouth as most have believed.

Keeping your fingers out of your ears will greatly reduce your chances of catching them, but then again these two are microscopic and can be air-born and may land on or even in your ear. Once they have entered the inner-ear (middle-ear) there they begin their breeding process, and from there they have access to every avenue throughout our body to travel to and to infect and make us sick.

In 1938 German researchers had great success using hydrogen peroxide in dealing with colds and the flu. Their data has been ignored for over 60 years. It is important to begin treatment as soon as symptoms appear. If treatment is started promptly effectiveness seems to be in the 80% range.

We have found remarkable results in curing the flu & cold within 12 to 14 hours when administering a few drops of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) into each infected ear, (sometimes only one ear is infected) The H2O2 starts working within 2 to 3 minutes in killing the flu or cold; there will be some bubbling and in some cases mild stinging occurs. Wait until the bubbling & stinging subside (usually 5 to 10 min) then drain onto tissue and repeat other ear. A bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide in 3% solution is available at any drug store for a couple of dollars. Although this method is perfectly safe for infant/children to use, the loud bubbling and stinging frightens them, they"ll need someone they trust to put the hp in their ears. (don"t get h2o2 in the eyes- if you do, flush with water)

full article: articles.mercola.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Yes, I am on homeopathic medicine and I use it all the time, along with other remedies to boost the system and detox.

edit on 4-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
flu season
shmoo season
No worries here..
wanna be healthy,.. it starts from with in.
flu hasnt a chance if you eat right, hydrate, and exorcise.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

You know that the scaremongering comes from the CDC and big pharma

NO.

There are TWO conflicting agendas: 1. Prevention, and 2. Response.

1. PREVENTION. Biologists and microbiologists know industrialized food production is creating new diseases (along with other corporate industries) - they want controls and regulations to protect public health. [Seems like the FAO is on the same page.]

…no one wants us to know exactly how "pollution" and industrial contamination is killing us and making us sick because...

...the solution implies dismantling the global corporate economy, which no one is prepared to do. Especially not Big Pharma.

2. RESPONSE. Big Pharma wants new diseases, pandemics and lots of sick people. It's called "creating a market." They deny there is a problem right now - they want us blindsided and desperate when it hits, so we'll buy anything they have to offer.

...There's no vaccine yet. Governments, the CDC and 'public agencies' are trying to prevent panic, and preserve the global corporate economy. [The WHO and OIE also deny there is a problem.]

...Global corporations can't lose when the pandemic hits - the same mother corporations own all the major players including the food producers, Big Pharma, and insurance companies along with the banks. They're set up for payoffs across the board.

Lots of people will die, but no one cares - supposedly, the world is "overpopulated" - and "the fit will survive." It's all bull.

RE: SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST

Bull. New diseases like H5N1 Bird Flu use the immune system to spread in the body - most fatalities are young and healthy because healthy immune systems spread the disease more efficiently in the body. Whether it's airborne OR foodborne.

For the same reason, these diseases tend to kill people with immune disorders - simply because their immune systems are always on "high alert," working in high gear and spreading disease through the body faster.

FOODBORNE. Flu viruses like H5N1 go from the gut to the lymphatic system (immune system) and then spread to multiple tissues, including lung, liver, and brain - called a "systemic infection" because it infects multiple systems.

AIRBORNE. When viruses like H5N1 enter the lungs when we breathe, systemic infections also occur, also via the lymphatic system.

EITHER WAY - the nervous system and brain also are infected - "survivors" often are left with subclinical and chronic disease.

Epidemiologists have been tracking the long term subclinical and chronic effects in flu survivors for nearly a century, but their evidence was dismissed; now, scientists use animals to find the mechanisms of both systemic and long term subclinical infection.

…Long term chronic disease is linked to central nervous system (CNS) infection. The CNS is like the body's Internet - communication/infection is instantaneous when the call comes from any body part, and results in that 'body part' becoming diseased (besides Alzheimers and Parkinsons, think arthritis, etc).

NON-EXPOSURE

It seems obvious that the best thing to do is avoid exposure, but it is almost impossible in our contaminated world. But those that do grow healthy, tall and vigorous. Unfortunately, they have no "immunity" and tend to croak the first time they enter the "real world" and meet new pathogens.

I posted references on the flu and brain disease above. Here are a few more:

Subclinical brain injury caused by H5N1 influenza virus infection.
FULL TEXT - pdf

Systemic dissemination of H5N1 influenza A viruses in ferrets and hamsters after direct intragastric inoculation.

BBL - Must feed birds, walk dog.

edit on 4/9/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/9/11 by soficrow because: add link

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Sofi, how long the bird flu is been around? don't you think that if it was so virulent we will be wiped out a long time ago since it came to be, something doesn't add here, sorry but something doesn't sit well with me.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yep, I posted about this in another thread a couple weeks ago. I've already had 2 co-workers test positive for flu AND we have seen both Type A and B already this summer.

I strongly advocate getting the flu vaccination this year. I believe it will be a bad flu season.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Sofi, how long the bird flu is been around? don't you think that if it was so virulent we will be wiped out a long time ago

marg - the problem is a LOT of diseases that have been around for a long time have changed and are still changing - they're adapting to synthetic chemicals and other all-new contaminants in our world - plus, bacteria and viruses develop resistance to the antibiotics and antivirals fed to food animals in farm factories. They are not the same - and neither is our world.

It's a new world - with all new molecules, proteins, bugs and pathogens - biologically speaking. And we made it.

Now we have to deal with it. ...I think you're right: natural processes are the way to go, NOT vaccines and drug interventions. Our ability to survive as individuals and as a species depends on our ability to adapt, to integrate and assimilate new molecules. ...But the changes are happening too fast for us to adapt - we need to stop the environmental changes now. ...Not wait for a pandemic and a crisis response in the form of a vaccine. Which would only be a stop gap fix anyway.

something doesn't add here, sorry but something doesn't sit well with me.

Big Pharma wants business as usual - unregulated and uncontrolled industries that mess with natural molecules, and the new diseases that result. When TSHTF, Big Pharma is front and center with profitable "treatment" - until then, they say, "Problem? What problem? There is no problem."

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

I agree completely soficrow. Its one reason that the "dismantle regulation and oversight" political movement concerns me. We aren't doing enough as it is - and trusting our corporate overlords to be responsible "on faith" is, IMHO, a deadly gamble we are sure to lose.

We're already losing. Check out the stats on the chronic disease pandemic and obesity (all linked to underlying prion infection spread by bacteria and viruses like flu). ...Note that early research considered ALL chronic disease as one - they are one. It's the manipulators who want us to believe that every disease is completely different, ala Koch' principles - that arthritis, asthma, neurodegenerative diseases, heart disease, stroke, Alzheimers and everything is quite distinct. NOT TRUE - the underlying agents and mechanisms are the same.

For example: Srebp2 Drives Cholesterol Formation In Prion-Infected Neuronal Cells
and
Mutant Prions Help Cells Foil Harmful Protein Misfolding

These things aren't even being properly researched, investigated and made public knowledge, so as to protect the mighty profits.

Oh - they're researched all right. But the info is very hard to communicate and exceptionally easy to manipulate, misapply, misdirect...

Ed to add: And oh yeah - most of it is privately owned "Intellectual Property" - suppressed by -you guessed it- global corporations with major conflicts-of-interest.

I sometimes wonder if the wizards pulling the strings think they'll somehow be immune to the pandemic they may help inadvertently create.

I wonder too - and wonder why. ...Seems patently clear that they might avoid the 1st, maybe 2nd and 3rd waves but they'll be worse off for it in the end. By worse I mean really dead.

new topics

top topics

join