It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry's Disgusting Agenda Towards Abortion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

While many states have mandatory ultrasound laws, the Texas bill rushed into law by Perry goes many steps further. The law requires a woman seeking an abortion to endure an anti-choice lecture

"Anti-choice" as opposed to "Pro-life." What a joke. That's called new-speak. Read 1984 and get a clue. You're being manipulated and you don't even care.

I never hear abortion opponents use the new-speak term "anti-life", because they aren't so petty as to redefine language in an attempt to win the argument. But I guess when you support the murder of babies, you have to use every euphemism you can get your hands on. I technically have no problem if someone says "I support the murder of babies" and means it. That's fine, that's their right and at least they're being honest about what they're doing. Using euphemisms to sweep murder under the rug is never acceptable. If liberals had any kind of consistent logical defense of their beliefs, based on their SUPPOSED convictions about human and animal rights, they'd know that. You're murdering babies for convenience. That's what abortion is. Stop lying.

While the idiocy in this anti-abortion/pro-life bill is frightening, it's not as frightening as the passive acceptance of murder which is already happening every day.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
The more I learn about this guy, the more I simply don't like him.

I must agree...

Originally posted by BrianC
Anti-choice? How would you like if I called pro-choice beliefs pro-death?

There is a choice. Have a baby or not. Some people SUPPORT everyone having the choice (pro-choice). Some people support putting that choice in the hands of government (anti-choice). They are AGAINST individual choice. They want big government to make that decision for the people. They are anti-choice.

I am pro-choice, but would never have an abortion unless it threatened my life. So, I am not "pro-death". But I don't think you can argue that you're against individuals having the choice.

edit on 9/3/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I can argue the wording because sadly you are blinded by ideology. If you are having an abortion you are taking a life by the definition of a right-winger and even some in the left. If you are against abortion you are against someone's choice based on leftist ideology. So in the same way as you can argue right-wingers are anti-choice I or anyone else could argue that a leftist is pro-death because in their minds and my own the left supports the killing of babies. You can't change the wording to fit your beliefs and tell others they cannot do the same.

Props to the person who brought up newspeak

defines it perfectly.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC
If you are having an abortion ...

I'm not. I am AGAINST abortion. I CHOOSE NOT to have an abortion. I am pro-choice, believing each person should make the CHOICE. That's pro-choice. Whether a person chooses TO have an abortion or chooses NOT to have one.

Pro-choice does NOT equate an pro-death or pro-abortion.

I know the right wing, including Rick Perry, wants more big government interference and control in our lives, even though they preach against it. The Tea Party and the right wing continuously preach about how they want government out of the individual's decisions, but when it comes to a woman's reproductive rights, in comes big government. It's total hypocrisy! But what else is new?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

yo Brian, speaking man to man here; who the hell are you or Perry to tell a woman what she can and can not do with her body?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

I haven't told anyone, I'm merely arguing the way the topic is presented in the article linked by the OP.
That being said, I am for making sure a woman knows all of her options and the risks associated with an abortion. The article would have you believe that me and Perry think women are "dumb" for needing education on the matter but look at the African-American community and their abortion statistics. I really doubt everyone understands the concept of abortion as well as we do on here and in a community where abortions are commonplace it couldn't hurt to explain what other options are available.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

I also would like to mention that the opinion of US people on abortion very strongly depends on the trimester it is done in, with 29 % supporting ban on first trimester abortions compared to 86 % supporting ban on third trimester abortion.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Perhaps these invasive procedures wouldn't be necessary if the women who seek abortions had a semblance of morality and personal responsibility about them ?

If a woman wants to cold-bloodedly kill her own son or daughter, then she can't really complain when society seeks to closely analyse the circumstances of her capricious whim.

She should count herself lucky that a supposed ''civilised'' society enables her to kill her child, rather than incarcerate her in prison for the crime.

edit on 4-9-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join