It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS puff piece on Muslims football team is perplexing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

No, its because there is no discussion to be had with racists or Islamophobes, they only see one point of view. Which you are proving over and over in this thread.

You're hopeless and incapable of holding yourself to the standards you set for others. You have no clue how utterly hypocritical you are.

"Typical left wing rationalization"....werent you the one talking about not stereotyping? Are you being an ironic troll?

I'm attempting to show you how hypocritical you're being by using your own tactics against you, but its not working. You're way too narrow minded.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Gannicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Bravo .......... I think you have one of the best attitudes I have ever seen here on ATS (as well as many other places). too bad you can't bottle that attitude because man this world needs it badly.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gannicus

No, its because there is no discussion to be had with racists or Islamophobes, they only see one point of view. Which you are proving over and over in this thread.

You're hopeless and incapable of holding yourself to the standards you set for others. You have no clue how utterly hypocritical you are.

"Typical left wing rationalization"....werent you the one talking about not stereotyping? Are you being an ironic troll?

I'm attempting to show you how hypocritical you're being by using your own tactics against you, but its not working. You're way too narrow minded.

Oh wow man. You are so intelligent. What amazing next level thinking man. You are so bright! I just cant compete with someone like that. Now, lets just go back in time for a second....

Normally a left wing outfit like CBS would be trashing an all christian football team

Your very first sentence of the OP was a generalization and stereotype. But Im the one being hypocritical right?

So instead the demonize white people/Christians as frothing at the mouth racists who are just waiting for an opportunity to mistreat Muslims?

In your second post you immediately begin the victim act for poor old white christian folk.

Funny, I thought it was the actions of Islamic extremists around the world. So instead of demonizing Islam, they're demonizing Christians and white people.

The same media does all it can to dehumanize Christians, white people, tea party members, Republicans, conservatives and libertarians. So back to my original question, why the inconsistency?

Also, Muslims actions around the world go a long way to dehumanizing them you know? Its their inhuman actions that hurt their image.

Your third post is basically one big sympathy ply/racist generalization of muslims.

I could go on but why bother? It is fairly obvious who the liar and hypocrite is.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt
reply to post by zarp3333

Bravo .......... I think you have one of the best attitudes I have ever seen here on ATS (as well as many other places). too bad you can't bottle that attitude because man this world needs it badly.

All he did was demonize another group of people other than Muslims. I swear some of you just blow my mind with your raging inconsistencies and hypocrisy. Let me clue you in. Fear mongering about these shadowy people who are supposedly "dehumanizing" Muslims, is no different than when people demonize Muslims. It's the same thing and no less hateful or counter productive.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Your very first sentence of the OP was a generalization and stereotype. But Im the one being hypocritical right?

No, CBS is pretty clearly in the tank for the Democrats and left wing of the country. Just like Fox is in the tank for Republicans and the right.

In your second post you immediately begin the victim act for poor old white christian folk.

Right, because that's the topic. Christians are attacked for prayer at school, while Muslims are celebrated. I've never once seen an MSM piece that attacked Islamic prayer at school. The white part comes in because the media likes to demonize whites as some kind of monsters who are just waiting in the shadows to pounce on poor victimized Muslims.

Your third post is basically one big sympathy ply/racist generalization of muslims.

Muslims aren't a race. I know you just cant help but throw that race card out at every opportunity (its how you've been trained), but you gotta try. Secondly, Muslims aren't waging a holy war around the world? Have you been living under a rock for the last decade? You know, ignoring reality doesnt make you a better person? It just makes you a blind partisan.

I could go on but why bother? It is fairly obvious who the liar and hypocrite is.

Yes, you.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Yes, you.

Yes me, and not the brand new member with 150 posts in 2 weeks since you joined. Sure. I cant believe I got trolled for 3 pages, but you finally gave yourself away.

Hopefully, you are getting paid for your trolling, because if you are helping to destroy your country for free, that would just really disgust me.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
You know, after every victory, what do athletes do? They thank god on TV. No one ever gripes about it.

It seems like the article has a hard on against Muslims doing anything. If a Muslim person sneezes they probably think it's a biological attack or something.

Athletes pray all the time, whole sports teams pray all the time, it's not that big a deal.

Of course unless the team is Muslim then it's an act of terrorism to some people.

Some people's bigots.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
You know, after every victory, what do athletes do? They thank god on TV. No one ever gripes about it.

It seems like the article has a hard on against Muslims doing anything. If a Muslim person sneezes they probably think it's a biological attack or something.

Athletes pray all the time, whole sports teams pray all the time, it's not that big a deal.

Of course unless the team is Muslim then it's an act of terrorism to some people.

Some people's bigots.

You completely missed the point. This post had nothing to do with being against Muslim prayer. NOTHING!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Maybe it is so in your world but I can think of no other where this is true.

Really? Show me all the examples on this forum and from the MSM of people using the term "Chritianaphobe" and then compare it to "Islamophobe". I want you to show me examples of people in the media defending Christianity, ot promoting prayer at high school football games.

Sorry busy doing fun stuff. My bad. Have a nice day!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gannicus

This whole thread is some pity party about how oppressed Christians are and how Muslims get the free ride.

I pointed out one of the most celebrated football programs in America Notre Dame is a Catholic School. No one freaks out about that. NO ONE, and if someone did, they are morons.

But this is how the Right in America is right now. They somehow think that Muslims are getting away with murder, creating sharia law courtrooms everywhere, killing kittens, and punching babies in the face, while the poor Christians are being persecuted to extinction.

It's just the victim attitude of some people boiling over into bigotry.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

This whole thread is some pity party about how oppressed Christians are and how Muslims get the free ride.

No, its about the media's (and its hapless victims) inconsistent treatment of school prayer and religion in general.

I pointed out one of the most celebrated football programs in America Notre Dame is a Catholic School. No one freaks out about that. NO ONE, and if someone did, they are morons.

Which has # all to do with this thread. You threw it out as a distraction from the topic, which is the MSM inconsistent treatment of school prayer. Notre Damn being a Catholic University is neither here nor there.

But this is how the Right in America is right now. They somehow think that Muslims are getting away with murder, creating sharia law courtrooms everywhere, killing kittens, and punching babies in the face, while the poor Christians are being persecuted to extinction.

But this is how the left in America is right now. They somehow think that white people, Christians, Republicans, tea party people, ect.... are getting away with murder, teaching creationism all over the place, killing whales, and hating black presidents, while the poor Democrats are being persecuted to extinction by Fox News.

It's just the victim attitude of some people boiling over into bigotry.

Ironically, the bigotry comes from folks like yourself who are incapable of honestly discussing topics involving race//religion without pigeonholing those you disagree with as racists (most likely due to the skin color of the person you disagree with).

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Ironically, the bigotry comes from folks like yourself who are incapable of honestly discussing topics involving race//religion without pigeonholing those you disagree with as racists (most likely due to the skin color of the person you disagree with).

Once again, I'll have to give someone the definition of the word bigotry:

dictionary.reference.com...

stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.
the actions, beliefs, prejudices, etc., of a bigot.

It really has less to do with someone's race, than the intolerance they have for differences of opinion or beliefs.

Here's the thing about prayer in school, my opinion only, if you want your kid to pray in school, and you aren't trying to force MY kid to pray in school, then go for it. What do I care? The second you decide that praying to YOUR god should be mandatory for MY child. We have an issue.

I'm gonna guess you have never been to Dearborn Michigan in your life. and because you haven't been there, you are just making assumptions based off of second hand information.

Don't blame me for your ignorance.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
i havent seen cbs or most major media do feel good happy pieces on chrisitans.

there is alot of christianphobe going around these days the defenders of islam and bashers of chrisitans

good luck every getting them to admit that it also turns out those are the same people who just dont have anything nice to say about isreal.

yeah im sitting here wondering what they cheerleaders were oh thats right women shouid be covered head to toe.

for a bunch of right wing christian bible thumpers they those other football ball teams sure do love their cheerleaders in skirts.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

yeah im sitting here wondering what they cheerleaders were oh thats right women shouid be covered head to toe.

Naa, don't bother to actually look it up or anything, that would perhaps eliminate some preconceived ideas wouldn't it?

Didn't take me long to look that up.

What's the catch phrase of this site again?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

so point out the cheerleaders there eh?

didnt see any pomp pomps or skirts or skin

cheerleaders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

They were the girls near the start of the video, the ones without any head scarfs.

Course, the question now becomes, why are you interested in looking at underage girls anyway?

See, the problem here I see is, these are Americans, and they are being discriminated against by some on the right because of their religion. No matter what they do, some on the right feel affronted by the fact that they exist at all.

Seems very Un American to me. Hating fellow Americans based solely on the brand of abrahamic religion they subscribe to. In reality, I find very few people intolerant of Christian practices, (except those groups that insist on shoving their religion down everyone else's throats or telling them they are going to hell.)

These Americans should have the freedom to do whatever they like as long as what they do doesn't infringe on the rights of others.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Course, the question now becomes, why are you interested in looking at underage girls anyway?

dude whose the one who posted the video of "those underage girls"

nice deflection attempt and proof any further conversation is worthless

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

The same media does all it can to dehumanize Christians, white people, tea party members, Republicans, conservatives and libertarians. So back to my original question, why the inconsistency?

Yes, the white conservative christian has a long history of being oppressed in America. I mean they were genocided, forced onto reservations, forced to pick cotton for their colored and native masters, and were victims of a banking system designed to keep them poor and the colored money changers on top....oh wait. No they werent, thats all the stuff they did.

Carry on with your delusional rant. People like you make me sick that I am part white.
You are a racist.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You asked:

So, I obliged you and looked it up for you. And what did I find?

Apparently they are not covered head to toe, as their heads were uncovered. So, your assumption of Muslim cheerleaders wearing a burka is incorrect. But instead, apparently you wanted to see underage Muslim tail, that I cannot help you with, and really, why anyone would want to look at an underage cheerleader (unless they themselves were in high school) is kinda sick.

It was also you who said:

didnt see any pomp pomps or skirts or skin

Which wasn't your original query, you wanted to ( I think, you said were [sic] I assumed you meant wore, so that's what I showed you)

You were the one complaining that you didn't see any skirts or skin. Which is kinda disturbing as they appeared to be all under the age of 18.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Fact is that it will be a long time, if ever, that the American public excepts Islam to any great extent. Do you think if Christians started moving to Iran that the arabs would be kissing their asses? NO, they would do whatever it took to preserve their society, unlike us "excepting" Americans who welcome every other minority group and let them do as they please. This will be the downfall of whats left of our society, Marxist groups have infiltrated our youth along with the Zionist media complex, they want to destroy this country from within and they are winning.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join