It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran is surrounded by US occupied countries and US allies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Has anyone taken the time to view a map of the Middle East. Iran is surrounded by US occupied countries (Afghanistan & Iraq) and US allies (Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Turkey). This is either coincidental or the US have always had a greater gold, IRAN. The rethoric we once heard for Iraq has now begun for IRAN. By both the BUSH administration and Isreal, they now belive IRAN is the greatest threat to world peace.

BUSH
Tehran government hiding Al Qaeda members, president says

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Iran is harboring members of al Qaeda, and the United States is investigating whether the Iranian government had a role in the September 11, 2001, attacks, President Bush said Monday.

Bush said the CIA has found no sign of a direct connection between Iran and the suicide hijackings that killed nearly 3,000 people.

"We will continue to look and see if the Iranians were involved," he said.

"I have long expressed my concerns about Iran. After all, it is a totalitarian society where free people are not allowed to exercise their rights as human beings."

IRAN has always been more of a threat to US and Isreal than Iraq, and the only way to possibly controlling a conflict with IRAN is to control it neighbouring countries. IRAN was always the objective for US and Isreal. If US controls IRAN it also controls the oil to China, therefore possibly manipulating the China economy, which will have a knock on effect and subduing North Korea as they have some dependence on China�s strengths.

Please let me know if anyone esle has noticed this and has any thing to add.

www.cia.gov...

www.eia.doe.gov...

www.news24.com...

[edit on 22-8-2004 by observeandlearn]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I think seizing control Iraq and Afghanistan was a move to gain a strategic position in the Middle East.
They were the two easiest countries in that region to overthrow as Iraq was already weakened by years of sanctions and bombings of the no fly zone.
Afghanistan was also a pushover.

Unless Iran is surrounded by UFOs though, I think you posted in the wrong forum.

[edit on 22-8-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Sorry I put in wrong forum, any to move to correct forum.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by observeandlearn
Has anyone taken the time to view a map of the Middle East. Iran is surrounded by US occupied countries (Afghanistan & Iraq) and US allies (Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Turkey). This is either coincidental or the US have always had a greater gold, IRAN. The rethoric we once heard for Iraq has now begun for IRAN. By both the BUSH administration and Isreal, they now belive IRAN is the greatest threat to world peace.

Yes, i had noticed this two. Iran only has four borders (more or less). Afghanistan is occupied, as well as Iraq. Pakistan is a military dictatorship that has problems with fundamentalists and is a strong ally of the us. The 'fourth' border is the caspian. They are effectively surrounded. I had thought that this was part of a overall strategy to invade iran, but apparently it isn't.

raph:
think seizing control Iraq and Afghanistan was a move to gain a strategic position in the Middle East.

They are defintely strategic positions, and afghanistan especially is required for control of central asia, which is a must for any geostrategic plans. But there were certainly other more pressing reasons for both invasions.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by Nygdan]

top topics

join