It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott any social media frame that asks for your phone number

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
For a while now Google wants to know your phone number so they can text you to make sure you're human. And now yahoo is doing the same thing for an account I've had for years, I can't get into my account without giving them a phone number. And this isn't just about giving them a phone number so advertisers can call you. This is about the Bilderberg trying to put an end to anonymity on the internet. I say, let's fight back. If a website asks for your phone number, don't sign up. Let them collapse due to their own machinations.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I haven't had one single place ask for my number or my drivers license and I have multiple accounts on various sites.

Should I boycott the stores that constantly ask for my phone number too?

I personally dont really care if they have my phone number. What will they do with it besides send me text messages? I get free ones. Yes they are annoying to get advertising texts but I can block and unsubscribe.

I just don't care about little things like this right now, too many other things to worry about.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Haha I found a cheapo mobile with a dud credit but valid sim card. Registered all those idiot things that need a mobile # with that. Probly expired now, but I'm still unhindered by this incessant mobile # rubbish!

Even IMDB requires one to sign up now.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
reply to post by filosophia

Haha I found a cheapo mobile with a dud credit but valid sim card. Registered all those idiot things that need a mobile # with that. Probly expired now, but I'm still unhindered by this incessant mobile # rubbish!

Even IMDB requires one to sign up now.

That's a good idea, but for me personally it's more than just getting around the system. Sure, someone will probably create a program that imitates a texting service or something, so the members of Anonymous can still get in without using a cell phone, or like how you said, go with the pay-now phones that have a credit and can't be traced as easily. But for me, this is more about not cooperating with their plans. Non-violent, but non-compliant, isn't that the saying? Plus, I don't think my life will be any better off for wasting time on yahoo answers.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I just don't care about little things like this right now, too many other things to worry about.

As you guard your food from rats..the ants are carrying it away a crumb at a time.

Peace

edit on 1-9-2011 by spav5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
yip totally agree,logged in to gmail an got this request for a mobile number(first time),i was still able to access the mail however i deleted the account straight away.My reasoning----i'm sitting here in good old Dundee Scotland,i do not at anytime wish to be bugged by anyone who has bought my number now,or in the near or distant future for any reason whatsoever,if i want see or buy anything at all,i will do my homework first.Nothing anyone on the other end of a phone says to me will sway me to buy anything,ever.

top topics

join