It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if we where invaded?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Okay, I know it sounds stupid, however, who is to say it's not possible for an Alien invasion to take place. Think about it, our weapons (Atleast ones publicly known) are considerably advanced. Atleast by our standards. Then look at what the government might have. in 1970 or 80 something when the F-117A wnet public it was a shocker. It took about 30 years to develop, which means they were working on in as early as the last 50's. So, what could we have know? Besides all of the supposed "Orbs" that people have reported seeing over Area-51, and all over the world. Those are just for STA combat, I am assuming. If these really are man-made, then imagine what we might have for ground combat. Claoking? In Japan a fiber optics suit was used for poorly cloaking a man, so, why not the US having something like that. Or maybe, a bomb that makes a nuke look like a firecracker. Who knows.
Anyway, would we be able to defend ourselves? Would the government use the secret weapons they have?
I suggest whoever reads this post watches this : newgrounds.com... video. It makes a valid point. What if and why would our government stage a mock-UFO invasion?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This is off topic, but do u play starcraft online?/ anywayz, in my opinion if an alien invasion were to happen, we all would be Screwed!

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'd have a little toilet accident for a start - seeing as we arn't allowed any weapons here and all I would have to arm myself is an air rifle and some crappy little knives.

Seriously though, if it was a genuine alien threat I imagine it would be a similar scenario to ID4. Some people would panic, some would try and make contact, everything would be upside down!

Everyone on the planet would be forced to band together to try and take out the alien threat - only problem I can see is that if they have the intelligence and technology to get all this way then I imagine they will have observed us for long enough to determine if we can be subdued while only causing minimal losses to themselves. I think if they did attack us - it would be because they KNEW they could win. Which is obviously not much good for us.
IF they have sophisticated technology, they will probably know about most if not all our defenses, even the Top Secret stuff.

I havn't watched the video your on about yet, but I can't see why the government would do it, unless it was to bring about a NWO quickly and easily. But they would need so many corrupted people just to fly the ships and stage the whole thing that it seems unlikely, even if you have a relativly large enough number of people corrupted enough in high up positions of power, what are the chances of having 1000s of normal people turn against their own race and people like that?

[edit on 21-8-2004 by AgentSmith]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Why would they need to invade? Invasion is a Human thing. If super advanced
space Monkeys wanted our Planet, it would happen either so quick or so slow we would never even be aware that it had taken place. But if they did it the way humans do things, they'd trade us weapons for trinkets and let us fight amongst ourselves...hang on, thats what we are doing anyway.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zero Point
Why would they need to invade? Invasion is a Human thing. If super advanced
space Monkeys wanted our Planet, it would happen either so quick or so slow we would never even be aware that it had taken place. But if they did it the way humans do things, they'd trade us weapons for trinkets and let us fight amongst ourselves...hang on, thats what we are doing anyway.

how do you know it's only a human thing?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Several years ago I heard a story that I haven't heard much of since...

it was to do with Verner Von Braun. As the story goes, he said in the last months of his life that there were 4 scenarios that would be played before the entire human race.

1 The cold war. This was a situation that would be artifically created to put fear into the population of the world and be used to generate mass amount of money from the hysteria and the weapons industry.

2. International Terrorism. Similar to the above but also used to control the population of the world at large.

3. Asteroid or N.E.O. threats. A reason to militerise space and keep weapons development at the forefront of arms manufacture as well as a big stick to keep 'rogue states' in line.

4. Alien invasion. This I believe will be an engineered threat to finally bring all nations under the ONE RULE. One World Government!

Von Braun disclosed these details as he was literally dying in the last days of his life.

Makes me think a lot especially about the nayture of black ops and also the serious amount of movies/distractions that are being whizzed the publics way on such themes in the movies from the 1940s' onwards.

Ever read the comic book Watchmen?? About an engineered threat on Earth from so called aliens to bring the world together??

Makes you think!!

BTW if anyone has any more info on Von Brauns statement could they post it here please.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Simply an amazing video on NewGrounds. We all know that this is going to happen someday, and that the US is willing to use anything for political gain. You think John Kerry is handpicked by the NWO to reveal the "alien threat"? For some reason I can just see John Kerry announcing an impending alien invasion better than I could George Bush for some reason....

And yes, I've read the watchmen, that is something that should be required reading in schools. Really does make you think....

[edit on 8/21/2004 by lockheed]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

how do you know it's only a human thing?

How do you know it isn't?

O.K...so I was a little general with my sarcasm, chimps invade (but hey they are practically us anyhow), trees invade too (but we are kinda related to them at a cellular level as well), maybe I should of said invasion is an Earthly thing.
Every explanation we come up with for ET is just a description of ourselves. If something never ever seen by human eyes or thought of by human minds was standing in front of you...would you see it? It's not your eyes that make the picture, it's your brain....and all the ET myths would suggest they can manipulate the human brain with ease. So why invade when you could just as easily re-wire the circuitry. BTW I'm not a ETH believer, even though it's obvious that the Universe is teeming with life, I doubt anything has been this way during our short existence. But hey if you wanna go get a few rounds off at a bright light, be my guest.

[edit on 21-8-2004 by Zero Point]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
If aliens would invade us, the first thing to do would be to clear the zoo from those unwanted humans... They would kill us all, and destroy everything humans built. Then a new population would evolve. We are not needed for aliens, only the Earth.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I haven't been able to see the movie yet because the computer I'm using is an ancient piece of petrified crap, but the idea is very interesting to me.

Actually, when considering the phrase "rumors of war" in the context of the information age I realized something crazy. The government really could produce WWIII for our benefit if they had any reason.
As a matter of fact, if you controlled enough of the media, you could -fake- a nuclear war.
An alien invasion would be even easier to produce (if you don't mind painstaking attention to detail.) because
1. Nobody knows the technical abilities of the aliens, so you are less likely to get caught in a lie about enemy actions/abilities.
2. The "enemy" citizens aren't online or on the radio spilling the beans that there is no war.
3. The world can't independently verify many things in space. For example, the supposed main invasion force that NASA sees hiding behind the moon can't be disproven by some adventurous reporter.

If there were a real invasion- I don't know if there is any real grounds to base assumptions on. We simply don't know what we'd be up against technically or tactically, nor what the enemy objective would be. We often assume that this will follow the model of the Europeans entering the Americas. This is only one of many scenarios though, and it comes from a very particular situation- one in which the worlds resources were not sufficient to support all nations.

What if the alien visitors dont want our land and resources? What if they want to build a communications relay station to link a pair of distant settlements? What are we gonna say? "no, you can't bring faster-than-light communication here"?

What if they just want to cut a few of us open and see how we work because they haven't run into a primate intelligence before? Why fight a war? Just tell them to target drunken farmers so nobody will notice.

Of course, peace isn't assured, but perhaps we will not be hopelessly outgunned. What if they are different, but not vastly superior, or if their technology just happens to be assymetrically matched against ours?
If they are from a planet with a very dense atmosphere they may not be able to operate in the air on Earth. If they have a "mothership" which is only intended for transport, or for slugging it out with ships of its kind, and it couldn't be defended by atmospheric fighters, we could pummel it with ASAT missiles and ICBMs without them fighting back very well.

The other point is that if they are from this solar system, they might have reached us without being more advanced. If their planet did not have the same abundance of metals ours does their armored forces may be based on ceramics, reactive armor, magnetically repelling projectiles, etc. Maybe they simply didn't have the Uranium so they only use RHA.

If for some reason they were our equals or inferiors in the military sense, the tactics they developed for fighting against enemies on their planet might prove to be disasterous failures if used against us.

Last but not least, they could come in and start destroying our cities with single blasts from a super-weapon. Unless they use Microsoft products and can be infected with a computer virus written on our computers- we are doomed.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Actually, when considering the phrase "rumors of war" in the context of the information age I realized something crazy. The government really could produce WWIII for our benefit if they had any reason.

They already have, it's called the Global war on terror.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hmmm...

Well, firstly, we would only be invaded by the "badies"...and these badies would only invade if we were "off-guard", ie some type of global catalysmic event.

If/when the badies did invade, the goodies would be there to help us out anyway.

On a military level, we may *think* we can deflect an invasion by the badies but our "friends" (te goodies) will help us out more so.

So, based on this, I would be out in the country somewhere (due to the cataclysmic event) and waiting in arms...just in case.

Cheers

JS

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
hmm i thought you were thinking along the lines of a european invasion.

I think the Aliens would only visit only to warn a few of us that the show "Earth" is cancelled and its gonna blow up soon...... but then only to be saved by 4th graders.... =D

[edit on 8/21/2004 by s13guy]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Technologically ET's would be far more superior than humans, but i believe that if the invasion hasnt been done till this time, it wont happen, only if ET's would see in us as a new threat to themself as we advance our technology. I believe that humans are the most warlike race in the universe, we kick a$$, we are destroying ourselves and our planet

And of course im 100% sure that the greys if they look like they are believed to look (skinny lil freaks) , i could take a dozen of em one on one hand combat for sure. As i said, we kick a$$ barbarian style

[edit on 21-8-2004 by RealityBites]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
As the humans advance to higher technology and genetically manipulated intelligence, the barbarian race will no longer exist. Aliens must know, what our future holds, as they had plenty of chance to investigate other planets to see how the intelligent lifeform advances.

If they knew, that humans will be hostile to them, they would have started a war against us by now, to destroy humans forever.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
what would happen? depends

A)the aliens have way superior technology and we are crushed

B)the aliens crush world military and a guerrilla war against the aliens starts

C)the aliens have good space travel technology but no significant weapon technology,and they are pushed back into space

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Why would an Alien race invade Earth? What good would come out of that, If their so advance im pretty sure they can replicate what ever crap they need. And why invade Earth if their are millions of uninhabitant planets out their.

And if for some reason they do invade with force the first thing that will happen is mass hysteria. how would react seeing big arse ships hovering over your head. Im pretty sure the government would be absoulelty taken by suprise and will have no bloody idea on how to repel the attack.

Go watch the movie "War of the worlds" and you will know what im talking about.

(I can't wait for the steven spielberg remake of this movie that is coming out 2006)
The poor american military was defenseless against the on slaught from mars

And if this were to happen , countries would fire off nuclear weapons left to right. The funny thing about the movie is that we didn't actually kill them germs did.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What does earth have to offer that no other planet in the universe has? In all probability our planet is average so there is no point for an alien race to waste its resources on us. If however by some miracle of chance there is something totally unique earth has to offer it would be far easier to trade for it than invade.

However if the alien race was of below average intelligence and chose invasion over a more strategic approach then obviously life as we know it would be changed forever. It would be impossible to totally destroy the human race in a conventional war so to succeed outright they would need some extremely advanced weapon. However if they were intelligent enough to develop such a weapon they would easily figure out war would be an inferior solution to begin with. So in all probability an alien invasion would look like Iraq does today. Plenty of destruction and pockets of resisitance until both sides come to an agreement (which could have been reached before an invasion......hence the question why would they ever invade in the first place?).

So I think the classic movie scenario of alien ships blasting away at earth is highly unlikely. Rather an agreement mutually beneficial would be reached (and some believe already has).

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Arrgh!! I do like the American version of the film but it is so much different from the original British HG Wells version.
The Martians had tripod based walking machines for a start!!
I hope the new version is true to the orginal book.

My favourite record is Jeff Waynes Musical of War of the Worlds

[edit on 21-8-2004 by AgentSmith]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I just saw the video Hydralisk58 , It was a very good . Lol I liked the tie fighter sound effects .

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join