It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Rights Suspended under A State of Emergency in North Carolina

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I smell another Katrina coming on. I remember watching everything unfold in New orleans. Cops/military going door to door disarming by force every registered gun owner. I wonder how many died because they were disarmed and could not defend themselves.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Wow! And, it's that easy to invoke gun-control! Guess the boys and girls in Washington haven't caught on to that method yet? Such BS!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

§ 14 288.7. Transporting dangerous weapon or substance during emergency; possessing off premises; exceptions. (a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, it is unlawful for any person to transport or possess off his own premises any dangerous weapon or substance in any area: (1) In which a declared state of emergency exists; or (2) Within the immediate vicinity of which a riot is occurring. (b) This section does not apply to persons exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14 269 with respect to any activities lawfully engaged in while carrying out their duties. (c) Any person who violates any provision of this section is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. (1969, c. 869, s. 1; 1993, c. 539, s. 192; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

If you are home it's not a problem. It's only when you leave your own property that you can not carry a weapon.
Makes sense.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
You cannot revoke rights. You can only revoke privileges.

If anyone actually believed in their rights, they would fight to the death to defend them.

It's 100% legal to defend your rights as a human being by any means necessary.

Although I would advise use caution in making any rash decisions, and instead formulate a strategy based upon cunning rather than brute force to achieve your mission objective to remain free and avoid enslavement.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I recall them doing this recently in NC for a freak blizzard.

Seems it's some standard line in the states "emergency declaration" language so anytime the gov declares a state of emergency the 2nd is automatically suspended.

Complete bull if you ask me. Anybody bent on looting, robbing or whatever is just going to ignore the laws/rules anyway.

ETA:
It was a snow storm. Here's an article about it.

Makes one wonder how many other states have this same deal going. Not that it would necessarily prevent anyone from using a firearm in defense of self but it could certainly be used by an over-zealous government/authority to charge you with a crime you never figured existed in the first place.
edit on 26-8-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I recall them doing this recently in NC for a freak blizzard.

Seems it's some standard line in the states "emergency declaration" language so anytime the gov declares a state of emergency the 2nd is automatically suspended.

Complete bull if you ask me. Anybody bent on looting, robbing or whatever is just going to ignore the laws/rules anyway.

ETA:
It was a snow storm. Here's an article about it.

Makes one wonder how many other states have this same deal going. Not that it would necessarily prevent anyone from using a firearm in defense of self but it could certainly be used by an over-zealous government/authority to charge you with a crime you never figured existed in the first place.
edit on 26-8-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

well all you have to do is make a law that states its illegal to loot in a state of emergence. there that will make it stop. /sarc

link   
Those impacted include concealed handgun permit-holders, sport-shooters, and anyone else carrying a firearm outside their home or business. Critics note that dove-hunting season begins on Saturday (September 4), potentially making criminals of thousands of hunters.

If you decide to go dove hunting during a hurricane then your priorities are WAY screwed up and you probably don't need to be walking around with a gun anyway

I don't see a problem, it doesn't say you can't have a gun at home to defend your family with. It just says you can't walk around like a little thug during a crisis.

link   
reply to post by grey580

Yeah. Because in a potential emergency situation with the likelihood of looting, you're never going to need to leave your home, and no one would ever consider attacking or robbing you while you're out and about...I'd hope.

I wonder what kind of possible statute they were operating under after Katrina when they were coming into homes and disarming people directly. At the very least, I hope they follow their own rules in this case and let the people at home stay armed...although the rest is pretty ridiculous as well.

And besides...how do you define "dangerous weapon". Damned near anything can be used as a weapon, to deadly effect.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Hey friend...I just noticed your article is from september of last year, and is discussing hurricane Earle?

Is there a current article talking about this happening with Irene?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/18f0e4f8c24a.png[/atsimg]

"But, honest, officer it's just a toy!"

Later when someone is trying to jack my generator...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4349244c09c9.png[/atsimg]

Naw, I'm just kidding.

I was two blocks from the coast
in Biloxi Mississippi for Katrina.

I don't know if that means anything to the reader,
so here is a picture of the coast.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1eb551ff0140.png[/atsimg]

Anyway,
I didn't see any police or guardsmen for about 4 days,
and even then they were mostly only out at night.

Being the only person who didn't speak spanish in my appartment complex,
(let's hear it for second story appartments)
I gotta say, it was very relaxed and groovy.

The Mama citas would make a little fire next to
large chunk of cement, slap out some tortillas
and brown them on it.
In the evenings, one of the guys would fire up his truck
and play salsa music.

But mostly we all just moved very slow and cautiously.
By coincidence I was reading Steinbeck, "Tortilla flats"
so I had entertainment.

It wasn't until a week afterwards when people who had
evactuated returned that we started having any trouble.

They showed up angry, and just ragging at the world.
Later I found out what they had been showing on TV
that week, and man. TV was a serious threat to our
cool calm and collected little group.

People showed up peeved at the world and looking for a fight.
Behind them were the exploiters and professional looters.

In fact the biggest threat was the millitary guard
who were not from there.
The local cops knew us as the Mexican workers and that other guy.
But I had to carry a copy of my lease agreement to show the guard,
or they wouldn't let me back into the devistated area.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

A pink AR with Hello Kitty stickers on it is always cool.

A California bastardized AR sporting one of those fugly as hell MonsteMan grips is a travesty.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

§ 14 288.7. Transporting dangerous weapon or substance during emergency; possessing off premises; exceptions. (a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, it is unlawful for any person to transport or possess off his own premises any dangerous weapon or substance in any area: (1) In which a declared state of emergency exists; or (2) Within the immediate vicinity of which a riot is occurring. (b) This section does not apply to persons exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14 269 with respect to any activities lawfully engaged in while carrying out their duties. (c) Any person who violates any provision of this section is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. (1969, c. 869, s. 1; 1993, c. 539, s. 192; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

If you are home it's not a problem. It's only when you leave your own property that you can not carry a weapon.
Makes sense.

That is UCC (Uniform Commercial Code). A mechanism of tyranny in fact. Here is a very in depth Cornell Univ website which lists UCC. It has been clearly pointed out many many times this is a law of commerce, a commercial code. It does NOT APPLY to normal citizens who are not contractually obligated to the UCC!

The Supremacy Clause of the Constitution Article VI Clause 2 clearly trumps it.

The "supremacy clause" is the most important guarantor of national union. It assures that the Constitution and federal laws and treaties take precedence over state law and binds all judges to adhere to that principle in their courts. - United States Senate[1]

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding.

Thus the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reigns supreme.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

It DOES NOT MENTION "Only at your Home during emergencies". No where at all is this even suggested.

In fact what is IMPLIED is that this Law stands supreme everywhere throughout the United States. If you are not harming the liberty of others than your liberty shall not be harmed.

If you don't like it, go to China. And take all of the UCC fascists with you.
edit on 26-8-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have never met a criminal yet that obeys laws.

It is BS to use an excuse like a natural disaster to take peoples guns(katrina) or restrict carrying a gun(irene). Courts have legally declared that Police Officers and the like have NO obligation to protect anyone.

so what do they do? when police and emergency personnel are the least likely to respond timely, they take a persons ability to defend themselves away.

They can have my gun when they take it out of my cold dead hands. period.

edit on 26-8-2011 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I think they (meaning the state government of North Carolina) have overreacted by suspending gun rights during a state of emergency. They watched the whole Katrina mess on TV and got all paranoid. Not all state governments react this way (the police where I live encouraged us to use guns if we caught trespassers or thieves on our property after hurricanes Rita and Ike and actually asked us if we had enough ammo to get by for a while).

While I do believe the ultimate goal of our Federal government is to disarm the general public, I think this is just a case of a paranoid State government in action in this instance.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
I think they (meaning the state government of North Carolina) have overreacted by suspending gun rights during a state of emergency. They watched the whole Katrina mess on TV and got all paranoid. Not all state governments react this way (the police where I live encouraged us to use guns if we caught trespassers or thieves on our property after hurricanes Rita and Ike and actually asked us if we had enough ammo to get by for a while).

While I do believe the ultimate goal of our Federal government is to disarm the general public, I think this is just a case of a paranoid State government in action in this instance.

They cannot suspend gun 'rights' because they are the supreme law of the land.

But they can however revoke the privileges of contractually obligated UCC slaves who don't even know the difference between their rights and tricky legalese. So the tricky legalese speak will fool them, and they will think they have no rights.

But in reality, unlawful contracts and using deception to fool people into signing contracts they had no idea entailed this type of tyranny is also illegal.

So in reality the UCC slaves are free, they just don't understand or know it yet. Hopefully one day they will realize these contracts are illegitimate in the first place and that they are not contractually obligated unto them, because they were based and enforced through deception and lies.

The only real Laws in this nation are one's created to PROTECT YOUR LIBERTIES from the tyranny of governments, corporations, or some guy down the street.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
THIS IS FROM 2010 FROM HURRICANE EARLE NOT THE CURRENT HURRICANE!!!

WHATS THE BIG DEAL ITS OVER AND DONE WITH

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I feel anyone in NC can safely ignore this 'executive order' and take it to the Supreme Court if you run in to problems afterward. This infringes upon a right given to all citizens of the United States and the last time I checked North Carolina still fell within that jurisdiction.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by grey580

Yeah. Because in a potential emergency situation with the likelihood of looting, you're never going to need to leave your home, and no one would ever consider attacking or robbing you while you're out and about...I'd hope.

I wonder what kind of possible statute they were operating under after Katrina when they were coming into homes and disarming people directly. At the very least, I hope they follow their own rules in this case and let the people at home stay armed...although the rest is pretty ridiculous as well.

And besides...how do you define "dangerous weapon". Damned near anything can be used as a weapon, to deadly effect.

Personally having lived through every single hurricane since to come through miami since i was born. 72.
I've never been attacked.
I've certainly seen looting for sure.

Most of the time I've seen neighbors and others step up and be down right helpful to one another in times of emergency.

IMO this law is not constitutional for sure.
I would deputize anyone that had a concealed permit if they so wanted to help.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
THIS IS FROM 2010 FROM HURRICANE EARLE NOT THE CURRENT HURRICANE!!!

WHATS THE BIG DEAL ITS OVER AND DONE WITH

I wonder if its a typo - either way good catch. As I said - ignore this - just as you should ignore any order which is not lawful.

[edit]

This restriction still applies as the underlying law which kicks in to effect under EO declarations of emergency is still on the books and the EO did not disqualify it for Irene which they had done the past 4 times.
edit on 8/26/2011 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
I feel anyone in NC can safely ignore this 'executive order' and take it to the Supreme Court if you run in to problems afterward. This infringes upon a right given to all citizens of the United States and the last time I checked North Carolina still fell within that jurisdiction.

Actually the right was never given to us.

We were just naturally born with it inherently.

And this right is encompassed by all human beings globally. It is only "Protected" in the United States because our Constitution forbids the Government from infringing upon it.

The Constitution doesn't give us any rights, it only protects the rights we naturally are endowed with as living beings.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join