It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Alien Claims Boss Stole Winning Lotto Prize, Faces Deportation (Georgia Law Works)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Illegal Alien Claims Boss Stole Winning Lotto Prize, Faces Deportation (Georgia Law Works)

standwitharizona.c om

Illegal alien Jose Antonio Cua-Toc won $750,000 in the Georgia lottery. Fearing that he would be busted as an illegal under Georgia’s new immigration enforcement law, Cau-Toc claims he gave the ticket to his boss, Erick Cervantes to cash for him.

Cervantes then did cash it in – and kept it. So Cua-Toc got angry. Very angry:

Police say Jose Antonio Cua-Toc threatened his boss, Erick Cervantes, and his wife, calling them repeatedly and saying he would “kill each of them and their children if they did not give him some of the lottery winnings…”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
well seems like this guy must have pissed some one off in a previous life to win the lottery(after getting here as an illegal) then winning 750k but thinking you cant cash the check(he could have)to having nothing getting arrested then deported and it seems the boss might get to keep the money(he will suffer from karma most likely) with out legal issues kinda on the fence about this one my self

standwitharizona.c om

www.macon.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.macon.com...

seems like the boss might allready be in trouble with the money frozen and civil lawsuits pending.....

edit on 24-8-2011 by KilrathiLG because: more links

looks like best cause the illegal gets deported but keeps his money(for him anyways) and worst case he just gets deported
edit on 24-8-2011 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This guy will come back within a few years with friends.

Karma, she's always there.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I don't know, on one hand, being illegal in a way does make him ineligible, and to threaten the man's wife and kids is really over the top, I mean, it's still only money, but at the same time, the guy who cashed it did break his word.

I don't really have a lot of sympathy for either party honestly. I hope the guy who cashed the check ends up wasting all the money lol.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Good.

Just hope the boss watches his back. But Im sure he can buy security now.

He handed the money over when he handed that guy the ticket.

Sorry, but if you are dumb enough to hand over a $750,000 winning loto ticket to someone to cash, you deserve it.

The fact that hes an illegal immigrant only makes his case that much worse. He shouldnt be entitled to that money anyways.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG

standwitharizona.c om

Illegal alien Jose Antonio Cua-Toc won $750,000 in the Georgia lottery. Fearing that he would be busted as an illegal under Georgia’s new immigration enforcement law, Cau-Toc claims he gave the ticket to his boss, Erick Cervantes to cash for him.

Cervantes then did cash it in – and kept it. So Cua-Toc got angry. Very angry:

Police say Jose Antonio Cua-Toc threatened his boss, Erick Cervantes, and his wife, calling them repeatedly and saying he would “kill each of them and their children if they did not give him some of the lottery winnings…”

I thought Obama just put an end to deporting illegals?Must have a criminal record then.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

in all fairness the defendant mrJose Antonio Cua-Toc is denying those alegations(saying the boss is making it up to take his money) either way hes on immigrations radar and acording to the law he was evidently capible of cashing the check him self but feared doing so because of the harsh immigration laws as he put it

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
He should take responsibility for his illegal actions and be deported under our rule of law. Ass for his boss, he should be charged with hiring him. The alien has as much right if I sent my 9yr. daughter into a store to purchase a ticket or cash it. The illegal alien is SOL as much s my Daughter would be.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
That really stinks, however the illegal wasn't entitled to those winnings in the first place, nor his boss.

No one should get the money to be honest, it should go back in the pot.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Sometimes it's not about what is legal or not, but what is the right thing to do as a human being.

The boss could have offered to cash it in for half and both would be winners but instead took advantage of another human being that needs the money as well.

Illegal or not...right is right, fair is fair and wrong is wrong.

edit on 24-8-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

yeah from what i read he does and is on probation i believe those are contributing factors as well and the alleged crime dosent help his case either

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

It's a he said, she said type of argument. No proof that Jose actually bought the ticket. He could have tried exhorting it from his boss and when that didn't work, started threatening.

I have a feeling that one of two will be a victim of a drive by in the near future.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

not sure if it works that ways in all states but it was my understanding that if lotto money goes unclaimed or the person cant claim it it goes to schools but i could be wrong

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

from what one of the articles i posted stated it has been shown that he purchassed the ticket then gave it to his boss to cash for him security camera footage suposedly corroborated that i think the legal question is gonna be does the boss have to split the money with the guy or not

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by Gakus

not sure if it works that ways in all states but it was my understanding that if lotto money goes unclaimed or the person cant claim it it goes to schools but i could be wrong

That'd be more then fine also, I just don't feel any party is entitled to those winnings.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Should of been happy to have the job...
How do we know the illegal is not lying..
Innocent until proven guilty..

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
What would happen in a perfect world:
  • Jose would be deported. If he returned, he would be imprisoned for both illegally entering the country and for the threats.

• Erick would have all his assets frozen, be charged with and convicted of conspiracy and human trafficking, and forfeit his winnings to the State.

• The winnings would be earmarked for increased protection along the Mexican Border.

In reality, what will more likely happen:
  • Jose will be deported and be back in the USA within a month working somewhere else and putting another legal citizen out of work.

• Erick will be prosecuted, and will have to pay the winnings to a legal team to keep himself out of jail.

• The court system will find Erick guilty on minor counts and fine Ericks whatever he has left.

• The money from the fines will be used to lobby officials to keep the border porous so more money can be paid to the courts and the lawyers.

It's getting to the point that nothing really surprises me anymore.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
What I want to know is why isn't the boss in trouble for hiring an illegal to begin with?

It's not like he didn't know the guy was illegal if he was willing to cash his lottery ticket for him for being illegal.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
If a illegal immigrant handed me a winning lotto ticket ,i would of said nice one see ya later.

Its a dog eat dog world ,and its not everyday someone gives you a winning lotto ticket !

$10,000 you could have this illegal immigrant (or anyone for that matter) removed from this earth to be never found again.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Loving the amount of people referring to him as "the illegal"

Seems alot of people around here have forgotten that he too, is a person.

Deny ignorance...... yeah right.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join