It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wouldn't it be cool if...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Let me start off by saying that there is no doubt that there is mystery surrounding area 51.
No civilian knows the answers to the questions of what goes on there.
Most of us know that if you cross a certain invisible line a bunch of army guys in trucks will come after you and maybe even kill you.

So wouldn't it be cool if there was a massive protest? I'm not trying to create one, but I just think it would be interesting if a few thousand strong just stormed the gates of Area 51. Would probably be the most legendary protest of all time.

What do you all think the consequences of such a protest would be?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
wouldn't get too far me thinks. 1, they'd see you coming from miles away. 2, the base personel would get to play riot police. Would be cool, but you'd never get close enough to do/see anything worthwhile

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
We would all end up being Waterboarded in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba being called Terrorists.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by exclusionzone

Well then we would just have to make the message and intent of the protest viral so that every american would know about the good nature of the cause. Hypothetically of course.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
What exactly would the message and intent of such a protest be? To show the world how self-entitled America's youth seems to be?

You can stage a protest in the middle of the desert. But I don't think too many people will care.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Seriously? Im sure at one point it was a useful R&D / Test facility, but with the amount of publicity it gets these days, its likely nothing more than a decoy.

Ooo, how mysterious, I wounder whats going on there... etc while in reality the new R&D is being done somewhere else that no one is looking at, thinking about, or discussing on a web forum.

Slight of hand. Area 51 is a decoy.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
sound cool, but they have guns, i think youd need more that a few thousand people. i suppose if you convinced a few news channels to come along and go live then when they play riot police theyd have to restrain themselves a bit lol

just a bit of fun WHAT WOULD YOUR PROTEST SIGN SAY.

edit on 25/8/2011 by DaveNorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

FREE ET!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Lots of civilians know what goes on at Groom Lake. They fly in 737s to Groom Lake on a daily basis.

That said, the million man (geek) march on Groom Lake is as tired of a thought that the base is closed or it is just a decoy. There is photographic evidence of new buildings and devices at Groom Lake, yet ignorant claims are still uttered.

Groom Lake operates unobserved at least 90 percent of the time. You can't see crap from the border. Tikaboo is probably occupied less than 20 days a year. All the scanner air traffic, though often interesting, doesn't yield much useful information. Test flights are done at night.

The million man march has a long hike to reach any actual infrastructure.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
theyd get wind of it before hand and dispatch personnel to "suggest" that people not participate

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
probably the really cool stuff isn't there. i'm sure there is some cool stuff around area 51 though. who knows, i'll never know in my life time.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I'm sure there have been many that would have thought of the same thing. The main issue is getting people who would be willing to storm area 51. Most people like to believe its not there as it helps them sleep at night not believing that nothing out of the ordinary happens at area 51.

The other issue is planning. You would have to know where your going, and have the necessary key cards etc to get through certain areas. To do this you would have to get someone from the inside to help you.

It's a cool idea (if your a writer then its a great idea for a novel), but in reality it wouldn't be easy. That being said, if you are keen to attempt it, then good luck!!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
OMFG I laughed so hard when exclusion said "FREE ET"

But being serious, I think area 51 does hold prehaps maybe a little classified archive and new testing military products. If there was a protest two thousand strong you would need to do it suprisingly and have a good reason for doing it. Also I think that no one would escape and all two thousand would be gone forever. No one would ever even hear of protest.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Look at the Nevada Test Site. They get protests and "line crossers" periodically. They have his and hers "pig pens" near the guard shack to lock them up. The NTS' big concern is the safety of the trespassers. Few would make it to Mercury in the desert heat.

The guards at Groom Lake could let the crowd go right on through and watch them give up after about 6 miles.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KingUsbeorn

That is why the news crew angle is a really good idea, the question is where do you find a media outlet not tainted by the government?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Oh please, the base isn't going to mow down 2000 people. They will just arrest them, fine them, and have a good laugh. Feel free to plead your case to the judge. Lincoln county is in cahoots with the base. The cammo dudes have an office in the same building as the hall of justice. [The white bus leaves from the same parking lot.] You aren't going to get any justice, but a nice fine.

I've been to Norio's 666 protest. (June 6 at 6AM in theory). Maybe 50 people by the front gate. The base runs the buses through the north gate to avoid the crowd. The ranger shows up to make sure nobody is messing with the Joshua trees.

Media? The I-Team would love video of a bunch of idiots getting arrested.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
..if... there was an Area 52, after all there are 50 before the famous hangar, but what about 51 being a decoy and everything's going on at 52, wherever that is..

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The ground would open up and we'd all get sucked down some tube and into the underground tunnel network and shot out into the Atlantic Ocean.

Wackenhut would be all, "Did you hear something?"

"Nah, I didn't hear anything."

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
There is a base at the atlantic, a large expedition in 1947 went to see it and some important crew members from one of the planes could not be accounted for about three hours. Which is just as fascinating as A51.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by annonymous1234

No no you are on the right way. Only a massive protest about all surrounding the mystery is going to put an end to this hide and seek. So I dont know what you are afraid of 'starting a massive protest'

But IF Area 51 holded any aliens or high tech stuff, it is likely moved elsewhere because it is now, a tourist attraction.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join