It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Youth Seem to Have Zero Concern About Privacy/Erosion of Freedoms?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I don't think it's the fault of the Y or Z or whatever letter generation, its the slow easing of technology into our culture. I don't use facebook or social networking, nor do I share photos etc. Yet my mother, two mother in-laws and other older relations use these tools constantly. It seems with each successive generation gets the blame for every wrong in the world. The degeneration of our freedoms and priories is a social event with no true demographic responsible.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It is a shame that the 4th amendment is nothing more than so much toilet water decoration these days. Why? Because citizens are conditioned not to think for themselves. The power over state and federal governments, as well as corporate charters, have been removed from the people. It used to be by the people for the people. No longer.

Is it the fear mongering that allows people to be pushed along? It's baby steps on the road to 1984. TSA is only the start.

As for the younger generations... lol. Every single generation that has been on earth or will be on earth, looks back and bitches about the youth having no morals / respect / care etc. That will never change.

Why should they care? Look at the # we are leaving them? Crippling debt, a ecological nightmare, over population, etc. I think the band Ministry sums it up quite well with a song titled "So What".

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

Good reply. Thanks!

You too Slaytanic.
edit on 8/24/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
In my experiences, and the way the youth are here in Canada, it is like was said earlier, all about facebook, the new MTV show, and emulating those useless people. All anyone seems to want to do here is drink, and party. I just feel lucky I was never one of those people, I've always been the quiet, observant type, that all the kids thought was wierd. Now people wonder why I don't want to drink, and party so again I'm labeled the wierd one cause I do my own thing even though they enjoy my company when I do join them :S.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
8 Reasons Young Americans Don't Fight Back: How the US Crushed Youth Resistance

The ruling elite has created social institutions that have subdued young Americans and broken their spirit of resistance.

Traditionally, young people have energized democratic movements. So it is a major coup for the ruling elite to have created societal institutions that have subdued young Americans and broken their spirit of resistance to domination

Click the article to read the 8 descriptive reasons
www.alternet.org...

Bruce E. Levine is a clinical psychologist and author of Get Up, Stand Up: Uniting Populists, Energizing the Defeated, and Battling the Corporate Elite www.brucelevine.net

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Why is it all about this generation?

Can we talk about the older generations?

The ones that lynched black people segregated them, forced them out of white schools. The obscene amount of time it took to get women the right to vote. Nobody talks about these things when they talk about the good ol' days of America (because that's what our govt. propaganda told us!)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join