It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Homosexuals account for 61% of new HIV infections.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by SigilOfLux

Originally posted by DrChuck
Anal sex is usually the culprit. The lining in the terminal GI tract is very thin and subject to bleeds and lesions when irritated, such as the thrusting of a penis. Unlike the thin anal lining, the vaginal is "designed" to take that kind of activity.

AIDS virus does not choose homosexual men as targets. It is a simple physiological explanation.

Exactly the anus is meant for waste to come out of the body. It wasn't designed for things to go in it.

Heteros have anal sex too.

Pretty pathetic to use this subject for gay bashing.

You gotta admit, from an evolutionary standpoint what he says is true.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Anal sex is usually the culprit. The lining in the terminal GI tract is very thin and subject to bleeds and lesions when irritated, such as the thrusting of a penis. Unlike the thin anal lining, the vaginal is "designed" to take that kind of activity.

AIDS virus does not choose homosexual men as targets. It is a simple physiological explanation.

Exactly the anus is meant for waste to come out of the body. It wasn't designed for things to go in it.

This is true, what is the purpose of sex? To have offspring. Two men can't have a baby together nor can two women get each other pregnant.

A species can't survive if it doesn't produce offspring. So how is homosexuality natural?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

This is true, what is the purpose of sex? To have offspring. Two men can't have a baby together nor can two women get each other pregnant.

A species can't survive if it doesn't produce offspring. So how is homosexuality natural?

The response will be "animals do it too". I suppose cannibalism could also be called perfectly natural, and eating your young is okay.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Population control.

I have yet to have sex for the purpose of procreation. Am I unnatural too?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Population control.

If mankind were to have sex just for procreation without the pleasure, I don't think we'd have a population burst. The biological purpose of sex is procreation, but for us humans its just freakin fun to do. Enjoyment of sex or rather the carnal urge to have sex is the most important factor for any species to survive, otherwise there would be no incentive to have sex as often as we do.
edit on 21-8-2011 by DrChuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

For your consideration: Evolution’s Rainbow - Diversity, Gender, and Sexuality in Nature and People
With a New Preface

Joan Roughgarden (Author)

In this innovative celebration of diversity and affirmation of individuality in animals and humans, Joan Roughgarden challenges accepted wisdom about gender identity and sexual orientation. A distinguished evolutionary biologist, Roughgarden takes on the medical establishment, the Bible, social science—and even Darwin himself. She leads the reader through a fascinating discussion of diversity in gender and sexuality among fish, reptiles, amphibians, birds, and mammals, including primates. Evolution's Rainbow explains how this diversity develops from the action of genes and hormones and how people come to differ from each other in all aspects of body and behavior. Roughgarden reconstructs primary science in light of feminist, gay, and transgender criticism and redefines our understanding of sex, gender, and sexuality. A new preface shows how this witty, playful, and daring book has revolutionized our understanding of sexuality.

www.ucpress.edu...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well said my brother.

Homosexuality isn't natural,and what ever you said,it won't make any difference.

Why did God or Aliens created Adam and Eve,not Adam and John or Eve and Jennifer?

edit on 21-8-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control has estimated that homosexual men account for 61% of the new HIV infections in the United States while they only amount to about 2% of the country’s population.

The only group in which new HIV infections is increasing, they say, is young homosexual men

source

Sooooo if homosexuality is natural then why is it that homosexuals account for the majority of HIV infections and the only group it's increasing in is young homosexual men?

Hahaha by your logic, i could say:

"Sooooooo if heterosexuality was natural then why is it that heterosexuals account for the majority of STI's and the biggest group it is increasing in is young adults"

Basicly, your using this study to try and (somehow) prove that homosexuality isnt natural.
I think the trouble with your kind of person is that rather then seeing an adult relationship that consist's of feelings relating to love, affection, comfort etc, you just see the physical act.
You might be surprised by this but homosexual's in many case's love the same sex, both body and mind. That is what makes it natural.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I'll tell you how it's spread...
Just take a look at your average HBO hit series.
Then you'll know.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
Well said my brother.

Homosexuality isn't natural,and what ever you said,it won't make any difference.

Why did God or Aliens created Adam and Eve,not Adam and John or Eve and Jennifer?

Please provide:
Solid evidence that there is a god/alien that created life.
Solid evidence that the world started with Adam and Eve.

Only then will i consider your argument that homosexuality isnt natural.

Thank you

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

We're not discussing the finer points of homosexuality, nor its part in diversity. The fact remains that the thin epithelial lining of the anus, anal sphinters, and rectum are not "designed" to take continuous thrusting for an extended period of time. This is a fact, not an opinion against homosexuals.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Population control.

You carry on like that and this "god" may strike you down for being unproductive

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Well said my brother.

Please provide:

Thank you

Sure,read the Bible.

Can i ask you something.
Are you gay or lesbian?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
To answer the question, a large percentage of the rest are IV drug users. It is hard to find now,.but the cdcs statistic for risk of infection through unprotected hetero sex is 1 in 1000. I would add that there is an extraordinary high rate of drug use in the gay make community and my hypothesis links the connection there. In 10 years of hospital work, 95% of my hiv patients have been homosexual males or iv drug users.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

We're not discussing the finer points of homosexuality, nor its part in diversity. The fact remains that the thin epithelial lining of the anus, anal sphinters, and rectum are not "designed" to take continuous thrusting for an extended period of time. This is a fact, not an opinion against homosexuals.

True - - but you did use the word Evolution. I was just offering you an alternative. Which is why it says "for your consideration".

Also fact - - not all gay men have anal sex. Some feel the same as heteros - - it wasn't meant for that.

Also fact - - heteros also have anal sex.

Also fact - - young careless men getting laid is not new to heteros or gays. They all tend to be very foolish and reckless in many areas of life. Unprotected sex being one of them.

There are many sexually transmitted diseases. Some prior to AIDS were deadly until treatment/cures were found.

It is a serious matter. But using AIDs for gay bashing is pathetic.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Well said my brother.

Please provide:

Thank you

Sure,read the Bible.

Can i ask you something.
Are you gay or lesbian?

Ive read bits of it - Little hard to understand i admit, doesnt really get to the point much but more importantly, doesnt provide FACTUAL evidence of the events its describes. However, after researching the bible i did come to find that it was actually put together in italy by a bunch of men. I Believe it is basicly compromised by a number of books and accounts,some of which did not make it into the book that we call the bible, i wonder why that was.

I am straight, however, my brother is homosexual
and yes i get defensive because if the religions had their way we would still be burning people at the stake just for being human.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Well said my brother.

Please provide:

Thank you

Sure,read the Bible.

Can i ask you something.
Are you gay or lesbian?

Ive read bits of it - Little hard to understand i admit, doesnt really get to the point much but more importantly, doesnt provide FACTUAL evidence of the events its describes. However, after researching the bible i did come to find that it was actually put together in italy by a bunch of men. I Believe it is basicly compromised by a number of books and accounts,some of which did not make it into the book that we call the bible, i wonder why that was.

I am straight, however, my brother is homosexual
and yes i get defensive because if the religions had their way we would still be burning people at the stake just for being human.

So okay you're straight,then why defending something you're not?
I really don't see a reason.
Don't take this like insult,i am just curious.
But never mind.

Ask your parents and grandparents or someone older,was there gay and lesbian population when they was young?I'm an older man,so i can't tell you the answer on that question.The answer is NO.Maybe a few in the whole world.
So you come with conclusion that gay and lesbian population increased dramatically in the past decade.
I blame society.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SigilOfLux

Please stop bashing people for something they cannot control. As a bisexual, I never chose to find both genders attractive. If I did have the choice, I'd probably be straight because I really don't like all the negative attention I receive for my sexuality. Many people bi and homosexual feel the same way.

And anyway, who are you to decide what is "natural" and what isn't?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

True - - but you did use the word Evolution. I was just offering you an alternative. Which is why it says "for your consideration".

Also fact - - not all gay men have anal sex. Some feel the same as heteros - - it wasn't meant for that.

Also fact - - heteros also have anal sex.

Also fact - - young careless men getting laid is not new to heteros or gays. They all tend to be very foolish and reckless in many areas of life. Unprotected sex being one of them.

There are many sexually transmitted diseases. Some prior to AIDS were deadly until treatment/cures were found.

It is a serious matter. But using AIDs for gay bashing is pathetic.

Where do you get the notion that I'm gay bashing? Is it gay bashing when I'm offering factual physiological explanations of why HIV/AIDS is so prevalent in homosexual men? And do these explanations somehow assume that all gay men have anal sex or that heterosexuals do not?

Trust when I say this, it is not I who is pathetic here.

edit on 21-8-2011 by DrChuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Here in South Africa that is a sad argument, because here it is something like a 98% heterosexual disease.

Most of the World's Aids can be found in sub-Saharan Africa.
It was just recognized in the US for the first time in a certain population.

AIDS did not originate from anal sex, or gay sex.

By all accounts it originally came from bush-meat!
Just like all our recent pandemics - it came from messing with animals!

Yeah: just like the pox, like TB, like mad cow disease, like swine flu, like bird flu, like Ebola, and soon like the related monkey-pox - it all came from animals and our methods of farming them or invading their territory!

I think there's a message in that.
(Genesis 1:29)

But no, human beings are retarded creatures.
They will factory farm animals; they will invade forests ...
They will make any excuse to keep abusing animals, and putting them in unnatural situations.
And then, if something goes wrong, they will blame their sexual minorities!
How bloody clever of them!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join