It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introductions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

I am a long time observer of these forums and have been actively reading posts for several years now, but have only just joined as i feel as though i have now accumulated a sufficient understanding and base of knowledge to participate in forums in a manner that would allow me to build upon what i know as well as hopefully present a new perspective to an ongoing conversation.

So...A little about me. I'm a 23 year old (as of last week) Rap/Hip-hop artist hailing from Sydney, Australia.
Being a rapper, most people are surprised by the fact that i have an IQ of 156 and, while i don't like blowing my own horn about it, i do get a kick out of being right.

The music i create is NOT objectional, derogatory or 'swag' music, and while i do have 'street' elements to it, it is honest, inspirational and opinionated music that is filled with what i believe to be true, what is my feelings/opinions and what i have experienced in my life. I draw alot of inspiration from ATS, especially with political content, and if i could give credit to all of you i would, but it would take way too long!!

I combine my life in the 'street' scene with my intelligence and experiences to build a bridge between the 'street' world and the world of the understanding of information and awakening of awareness.

Here is a little from one of my songs:

People in power point fingers, blame and scrutinize/
losin' lives, you and i, reminiscin' on truer times/
euthanize the youth in eyes, i can hear 'em through the cries/
take away their freedom, organise the troops in lines/
tell me right quick, is that really how it's supposed to be?/
can't buy freedom 'cos we're worth less than the groceries/
or that oil overseas, all this hangin' over me/
collectively a ton of # they all just try n throw at me/
rights to information though our liberties are separated/
call ourselves the people not knowing that we are separated/
what's it gonna take for you to wake up to the censorship/
join me in our freedom, lifetime membership/

I look forward to participating in future discussion!

Daniel 'xQ.' aka TruthInMusic

P.S. I honestly think that it's a stupid saying 'don't blow my own horn', if i had a horn, i'd blow it...why would you get one if you weren't going to blow it, and i really wouldn't blow someone elses, you never know what they have

Also even though i enjoyed them, the sexual innuendos were not intended....or were they

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I'm gonna let the horn blowing slide and welcome you to ATS

hope to hear some of your music!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by looming

Thank you looming and don't worry, i don't plan on showcasing my horn publicly on ATS too often lol
Have yourself a great day

Daniel

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hi, bye and goodluck. Watch your side!!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthInMusic

I'm a 23 year old (as of last week) Rap/Hip-hop artist hailing from Sydney, Australia.

Welcome to the site, and be prepared to fight
For what you stand for, otherwise use the back door
Use the search bar, or you won't get far
Keep an open mind, or you'll be labeled Blind
I'm a white boy wannabe, so my words definitely won't set you free
But remember this, ignorance is Bliss...so, don't take the piss

Have fun dude...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Welcome! I too am a new member...been watching the various posts for quite some time and felt it was also time to 'speak up' on things.

Not everyone will share your point of view, however I'm sure you are prepared for this potential. (I know I am ready for it, otherwise I wouldn't have joined).

I'm sure I will 'see' you around the various forums!

top topics

join