It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

apacheman update

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
First, our utmost thanks to all who have contributed.

Your donations have allowed us to get a cell phone for comms, our first ever...still don't know how to use the thing yet, it keeps making noises that I don't know what it means for me to do about them, and haven't had time yet to figure things out.

I've been working from 6:30 AM til after midnight moving our stuff into storage, destroyed two pairs of shoes doing it and had to buy new ones, now I have blisters and bleeding toes, but those are minor annoyances. Today will finish the job. I was able to foster out a few of my girls from the gardens, but most couldn't take the transplant and died. i worry how my brother will do witout the meds I grow if the others don't survive.

He's not doing well: he had major shoulder surgery in May, then Medi-Cal switched providers on him, so now he can't see his doctor who doesn't take the new provider until we can get it switched back. Mentally and spiritually this has been tough on him, too, but he's starting to get his equilibrium back, although he is in a lot of sever pain: he's post-polio, has broken both knees several times, has had broken vertebrae, the injuries over the years have left him with few positions he can be comfortable in...this is tough to watch and be able to do so little.

Today, after finishing storage, we'll be able to start home-hunting again...we've spent the past few nights in our old home as we packed, he's been sleeping in his wheelchair, but that's not an option now.

Motels are soo expensive, and our friends had relied on us for couches and spare rooms, few have space for us, as they are mostly in tiny apartments.

Never fear, though, I will find a rabbit to pull out of my magic bellybutton sooner or later.

Thanks, ATS, your support and helpful advice means more than I can possibly convey to you. As soon as I can I will personally thank everyone with an email.

Gotta run, on a time schedule today, will post again when able.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

really really really confused........

whats this all about

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

whats this all about

It is about America not providing for its citizens.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
I was able to foster out a few of my girls from the gardens, but most couldn't take the transplant and died. i worry how my brother will do witout the meds I grow if the others don't survive.

Is this what I think it is?

.....anyways. Good luck to you in all you do. I don't know why you are in this situation, but I hope you get it all straightened out.

Don't let the man get you down!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Apacheman lost his home recently and posted a goodbye address to ATS. Some folks donated money via Paypal, some had other feelings about it.
The first thread

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

whats this all about

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I sent you the number to DOR...
as soon as you can call them...
your eligible for emergency services....

also call these guys...
San Diego section 8 office they should have a list of available housing and... while your there sign up... if they want a referral give em my number... I do work for a state agency... we just wont tell em the state in question... isn't Calif...

edit on 17-8-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

yo Jenna, maybe you should take that up with the Tea Party.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Sending thoughts and prayers for you, Apacheman! I'm glad to see that you're keeping your chin up. Many of us are not far away from being in a similar situation. We are there with you.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Glad you had a chance to check in with us. Have been missing your posts. I have a feeling you and your Brother will come through this ordeal A-OK.

With a little help from your Friends....

Bright Blessings Dear One....

Des

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the update apacheman. I wish you continued strength and luck. You are not alone.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Life is very strange sometimes.

Lying exhausted the other night, my mind chose that moment to present me with part of a solution to a problem I set it a few years ago.

You see, around ten years ago some colleagues and I were working on a map of human emotions in order to create an emotion-based AI (artificial intelligence) for NPCs in computer games...an NPC you could really irritate into holding a grudge for you or one that genuinely was loyal because they cared for you.

After several years work and good progress, I pulled the plug temporarily because what we had was far too dangerous to release due to its ability to predict and manipulate emotions, in the wrong minds it could wreak devasting damage. And something was still missing. Despite having discussed it circumspectly with a few well-placed folks in psychology and related fields, what I exposed was enough for them to urge me strongly to publish what I had, as from their point of view it was a far better diagnostic/therapuetic tool than what was available and take a chance, I just couldn't take resposibility for what it might do in flawed form. So I set it as a problem for my subconscious to solve.

I'm a visual/verbal sort of guy, so I have some blind spots that aren't obvious to me, and this turned out to be one of them. But talking that evening with my bro, who is also partially deaf, an extreme audiophile, and consequently pays vastly more attention to music and audio frequencies than I do, I realized I've been deaf all these years.

Once that realization hit, I wondered what else I was missing, and realized that in addition to using the HSV color system to denote and display emotions (Hue being the type of emotion, Saturation the intensity, and Value a measure of whether it was active or passive), there is a strong smell axis (gender strongly influences this one) that is involved, too.

I wish I were better in audio, I'd understand it better.

In any case my mind plopped me a picture of the original emotion map with three additional axes added representing the audio, odor, and something else that got blown away under the weight/intensity of the other aspects of the model. In the original model those aspects were subsumed into the physical characteristics measured, I failed to understand their significance.

Great solution to the problem, but the timing absolutely sucks. Now I have this wonderfully complex multi-dimensional structure stuck in my head that I need to turn into something tangible that others can understand and I'm busy trying to stay off the street.

Just as soon as I can, though, I'm going to recruit a team (I'm great with the theory parts, but so-so at databasing, the math constructs [I keep inventing different paths that drive the math guys nuts]to help finish it and publish, because I think I've found a way to make it safe: if enough people know of it, it can't be easily co-opted and abused by TPTB.

Sorry, I just had to get that down somewhere so I don't lose it...if you don't understand it's ok...it took me years myself. I've been using it to counsel others pretty effectively the past few years, and helped them to understand themselves better.

Some details I'm willing to share with those who are interested and can understand when I have the time.

As for how we are doing, today we're doing laundry (hurray for clean clothes!), had to return and replace our new cell phone, it died after just a couple of days, and beginning to think beyond the immediate, though not sure where we'll pass the night, fast running out of cash and must conserve til my next check in a few days. My brother's doctor said the hell with who the provider is, he wants to see him anyway, and we'll sort it out later: he's a great doctor. So tomorrow we're off for the city to see him.

It's been a long time since I was last homeless, and much has changed, but I'm re-acquiring the necessary mindsets to survive the immediate dangers and re-establish. Our goal is to find a new place ASAP, but no later than the 1st of September. I WILL NOT let my brother suffer any more than I can help.

Again, thanks for the support and advice guys.

Gotta run again.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Damn, being homeless is really expensive.

Expensive in money and expensive in time, time being the worst.

Simple things I took for granted now eat a huge amount of time: the washer and dryer I have in storage allowed me to get clean clothes whenever, and go about other things while I waited; now I have to take the entire wash/dry time in a laundromat. Picking up the phone to call and check on rentals didn't concern me before, now I have to worry about cellphone battery and where to recharge. Staying clean is a problem, you can only mooch so many showers from friends, and the good ol' US of A doesn't approve of public baths and doesn't have any.

Haven't found suitable housing yet, checked with allthe local agencies for support and help, but no luck: their budgets were demolished in late spring and won't be replenished til November.

Ah, well, at least no one's shooting at me, and as long as I can say that, life is too awful bad. That's my standard, anyway...I've spent too many days under fire in my life to think otherwise.

Still, it would be nice if the pressure would alleviate a little; it seems that for the past 18 months or so it has steadily increased, grinding away with more force every day, every hour.

On another note, I see that things I've said would be happening are occurring on schedule. I wish I had more time to research properly: my event horizon keeps shrinking. Soon I'll be stuck knowing almost as little as those who watch MSM if this keeps up. That's probably my third worst frustration at the moment.

However, some new listings look promising, and with luck we may find a new home soon. We'd better or we'll be in deep crap.

Be careful, folks, and keep a sharp eye out: things have just begun to change in the world and the changes will be coming fast and furious over the next few months.

Will post again when able.

I know you're thinking of us and really appreciate the spiritual lift you guys give.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Cheers to you DaddyBare, and a star.

You're a credit here, keep it up.

top topics

join