It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When out in the woods.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
In 1999 a couple of friends & I were camping in a remote area near the bc / alberta border.
It was a very remote area / the 3 days we were camping we saw 1 forest worker out there.
On night 2 we were all getting ready 2 sleep when we heard something running around in the bushes / heavy breathing noises. A friend took out his rifle expecting a bear 2 run out

No bear came out / the breathing stopped but we could still hear something moving in the bushes close 2 us.
My buddy picked up a large rock / tossed it near the bushes (we had all our flashlights friggn pointed at the bush area). After the rock was tossed the moving in the bushes stopped / everything was went silent for about 20 minutes.Were all wide awake at this point talking about if that was a bear / is it gonna come back!
While were talking a LOUD scream is heard from what seemed like a far distance
It was not a bear / bears dont scream! We stayed up 4 about an hour / nothing else strange happened that night. In the morning we took a look at the bush area & all the bushes in that area were PULLED out from there roots

We looked at each other and all laughed very nervously

Have been camping many times since / nothing like that has taken place.
Everytime I go camping now I always bring a gun / video camera / recorder.
I didnt see anything with my eyes but I still think that thing was some kind of friggn sasquatch.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Some sort of animal probably pulled up the bush feeding but not sure about the scream. Possibly another camper doing something.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I dont know...do they have wild hogs up there? Could sound like a scream from a little bit of a distance and they definitely root up bushes and stuff...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Could have been Sasquatch getting nasty with a bear or something.

Hard to say.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
oh yes that was a yettie for shur bro i bet he waited a while to do the scream he knew it was gonna scare the shart out you campers he prolly whent back to his den thinking to himself "mmm i scared them cammpers good heh thay dont wanna mess whith dis"
oh yeah i had a similer epirence on mountain top of damn that scared me bad!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
No other campers were around. Pretty sure we dont have wild hogs / not 100% sure on that though.
BTW we parked our truck / hiked 4 like 3-4 hours 2 get 2 our camping spot.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
You should read nearby police reports and see if anyone had gone missing at the time you were camping. You could possible lead the authorities to a body.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
No murder took place we would have heard some talking or some1 yelling help.
The scream I can still hear it in my head ( not like a howl ) more like an angry scream of sorts.
Not saying it couldnt be a human but I just have never heard something like that noise b4 / go camping every summer.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
imma hafta go with the sasquatch theory here mainly because of the scream. however that could have been totally unrelated. Do you camp in the same location every year? if so and if you havent had any other experience then it may just be a bear or hog. who knows, so did you crap yourselves when you heard the screams?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
We have not been back 2 that area / 2 of my friends that were with us in 99 have since died / my other buddy that was with us is 2 busy 2 go camping anymore.
No shatting ourselves took place when we heard that scream but my buddy slept with his rifle near him that night!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
This happend to me my cousin and a friend when i was about 13-14 years old...we were had been drinking and when we got in the tent we could hear things walking around the tent something even pressed into the outside of a tent and what freaked me *snip* out was it looked like a human finger impression next to my head and we could hear heavy breathing and walking around the tent THEN we heard something knocking over or walking over the beer cans but luckily we had taken my gun the bad thing was we didnt sleep at all lol THAT WAS 1 LONG NIGHT!
edit on 17-8-2011 by LvSLoLo because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2011 by gallopinghordes because: don't circumvent the automatic censors.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This is more of the same BS. Did you notice the poster used numbers instead of words to compllete many of his sentences. This is not normal when relating an occurance on paper. Don't you think it is odd that something pulled the grass up. This is a sign that what ever was there was hunting for grubs. People who spend a limited amount of time in the forest have little idea what is making noises in the night. What ever the heard was not IMO a Bigfoot but something much smaller.
edit on 17-8-2011 by flycatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Ever here a fox scream? Creepy sounding things.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
...did the scream sound like this?...

...or this?...

...or maybe this?...

...or maybe this?...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Have camped up & down the west coast from cali 2 bc / have encountered many cougars but never any panthers!
Heard most those links u listed / non sound anything what I heard that night.....

*snip*

edit on 17-8-2011 by gallopinghordes because: removed insult; good manners are required on ATS

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Id suggest goin back with some people that camp and see if you have any more encounters like the last one, maybe set up some game cameras and see what you get

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by therealcatman

hi, roughly where were you in the world/country when this all occurred?
edit on 20/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join