It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dulce base being made into a Hollywood movie UMBRA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
www.imdb.com...
silverscreensaucers.blogspot.com...
"Now, UMBRA is to be a Hollywood movie. A paranoid thriller, to be precise, about a man who finds an old cassette tape which reveals a horrifying secret.

Details of this movie first emerged back in 2009, when Roger Donaldson was attached to direct and Nicholas Cage to star, but budgetary concerns about the production - as well as Cage's numerous other movie commitments at the time - meant that it never really got off the ground.

The movie's original screenplay was written by newcomer Steven Karczynski and was leaked online in June 2009 and reviewed by a handful of bemused amateur critics. The consensus was that an intriguing and gripping conspiracy thriller in the vein of Coppola's The Conversation was torpedoed in its final act by an unexpected sci-fi twist. The screenplay itself is no longer viewable online, but the reviewers' original comments pointed to the possibility that UMBRA is - or, at least, was - a UFO movie."
I can now report that, since posting the above information earlier this year, I have read the original screenplay in its entirety and can confirm that The UMBRA (as opposed to just “UMBRA”) is indeed a UFO movie, and a damn disturbing one at that. I won’t quote from the script directly, nor reveal the intricacies of its plot or broader narrative devices, but here’s a brief overview of its UFO/alien-related content, all of which is drawn from pre-existing UFOlogical literature and debate:
The script clearly is inspired by the longstanding rumours surrounding the Dulce facility – an alleged deep-underground biogenetic research facility in New Mexico rumoured to be jointly run by human black-ops forces and extraterrestrial entities.
One of the characters in the script is named Michael Lazar, clearly a reference to Bob Lazar of Area 51 fame, although in The UMBRA Michael Lazar unmistakably is modelled on Phil Schneider – the self-proclaimed Dulce whistleblower who appeared to have been “suicided” back in 1996. The UMBRA’s Michael Lazar also attempts to blow the whistle on sinister alien/human activities at the Dulce facility and also is “suicided” (Lazar is not the movie’s main character, however. His role is merely functional).

THE UMBRA's original director - Roger Donaldson - worked closely with the Pentagon on the political thriller Thirteen Days, and with the CIA on The Recruit. Donaldson also directed the alien movie Species. While new helmer Joe Carnahan's production history isn't nearly so interesting as Donaldson's, The UMBRA - if and when it reaches the big screen - is nevertheless certainly one to watch out for. Just don't take your kids to see it."

This is being done for gradual disclosure imo.In 5 years all truth could be out

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Looking forward to it!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
how did you come up with a timeline of 5 years? I think its much sooner than that..................

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Try less than 5 months.
2nd.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Because disclosure is going to happen in part by an alien/dulce movie that is going to scare the sh!t out of everyone?

Yeah, thats a nice, subtle way to tell the masses...lets scare the crap out of everyone, then disclose that they are here.

Christ...really guys? Get a grip.

I AM excited to see this movie however....so for that, thanks OP

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hey, thanks for the heads up, I'll be looking forward to seeing this.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Here's a copy of that old script if anyone wants to read it - www....(nolink)/?pcdac9j1qm64jus

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Anyone watched 'Area 51' which im not sure is for threatres or on programs like AXN. The film talks about that the military finally decide to reveal Area 51 showing there are no aliens just high tech stuff invented under the area, At the same time they did keep aliens caged or closed in some rooms on low levels, inside Area 51 (Whereas area 51 was never considered the place where aliens reside if they do reside).

When the reporters come they are bossing around and giving orders to the military, wow, didn't know the media can boss around military 1st thing i laughed, so they were to take a picture and insist that the general or whatever his rank, is still hiding something. Later they see blood and obviously it becomes clear the monstreous aliens have escaped the room they were kept, killing some of the employees. It ends with all this being reported on camera thus when they kill the bad aliens, there is 1 Grey alien that helps them, all learn about it and even Area 51 explodes into a nuclear fission an explosion like atomic bomb, The End.

I laughed so hard at that film, so poorly made, ofc it didnt have any known actors starring, if this is going to be the same...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
www.comingsoon.net...

Umbra

Release Date: TBA
Studio: Not Available
Director: Joe Carnahan
Screenwriter: Steven Karczynski, Joe Carnahan
Starring: Not Available
Genre: Thriller
MPAA Rating: Not Available
Official Website: Not Available
Review: Not Available
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD: Not Available
Movie Poster: Not Available
Production Stills: Not Available

Plot Summary: "Umbra" centers on a businessman finding a mysterious package in his mailbox and being thrust into the middle of a secret government agency conspiracy. Running for his life while piecing together the clues, the man learns some startling truths about himself and his unwitting connection to the agency that's hunting him.

Trailer:
Coming Soon!

Read more: Umbra - Trailers, Videos, and Reviews ComingSoon.net Movie Database www.comingsoon.net...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Heres to wondering if it will mention the grays and Reptilians. Didn't some of the reptilian works revolt in the Dulce story?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Sweeeeet! Cant wait for this if it ever does see the light of day.

"The UMBRA" - The Underground Military Base for Reptilians and Aliens

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by testsavage

The movie's original screenplay was written by newcomer Steven Karczynski and was leaked online in June 2009 and reviewed by a handful of bemused amateur critics.

Bemused amateur critic here

I read the script late last night and it's pretty bad. It's completely lacking any creativity or originality.

Basically it's your standard cookie cutter chase movie, (picture a low budget Syfy version of Enemy of the State with an 80's feel to it) that borrows heavily from alien/conspiracy folklore. The sci-fi elements of the film are bits and pieces of the Dulce Base by Branton, Phil Schnieder's and others stories of the battle of Dulce, the frantic Area 51 caller from Coast to Coast, all stitched together in the hopes that conspiracy theorists ears will prick up when they hear buzz words like Dulce base and the name Michael Lazar (even though Bob Lazar has nothing to do with the Dulce rumors).

The consensus was that an intriguing and gripping conspiracy thriller in the vein of Coppola's The Conversation was torpedoed in its final act by an unexpected sci-fi twist.

I think it's an insult to The Conversation to try and make any comparisons between these 2 films. To say The Umbra was torpedoed in the final act by a sci-fi twist is really missing the point of the entire film. This was clearly written for dumbed-down Hollywood execs while targeting the lunatic fringe niche.

The screenplay itself is no longer viewable online, but the reviewers' original comments pointed to the possibility that UMBRA is - or, at least, was - a UFO movie."
I can now report that, since posting the above information earlier this year, I have read the original screenplay in its entirety and can confirm that The UMBRA (as opposed to just “UMBRA”) is indeed a UFO movie, and a damn disturbing one at that.

I posted a link to the script in my post above, and this is not a UFO movie at all. There isn't a single UFO or alien spacecraft in the script. Anyone who isn't familiar with the Dulce rumors is going to have a hard time with this film, everything about the underground base and the beings that are living/working there is shrouded in so much mystery that's it's not even clear if they are aliens or monsters from inner earth or something else. The films disturbing revelation at the end is a real yawner when you consider that we've seen this all before, and better, in movies like the X-files and the Matrix.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
All I need to hear is that they actually want to use the name Lazzar. lol Pass.

I think films about this stuff can be entertaining, if done properly. The Moth Man movie was done well. Why on earth people would think a cheesy Sci Fi movie is part of some grand plot in reality though, is beyond me.

new topics

top topics

join