It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland officer shoots public urination suspect after scuffle.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This guy goes from a misdemeanor crime to multiple felonies in a matter of minutes. The man began to fight with the officers after they were trying to arrest him. I do not think that a gun was the right choice by the officer. The officer should have been able to subdue the suspect with a taser. It seems like the officer that pulled the gun forgot about the escalation steps regarding the use of force.

Police said the man became violent, assaulted an officer, and attacked the officers with a long, metal blunt object.

An officer pulled out her firearm and shot the suspect to defend the officers, according to police.

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...
edit on 15-8-2011 by lcbjr1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I think the officer had better come up with hard evidence to prove his side of the story.
The public no longer automatically believes the officers side of the story anymore.

I'm inclined to think it was a 'contempt of cop.' murder just like Kelly Thomas.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Yeah I agree. It is odd that it seems like there were no witnesses. The article asks for anyone who saw what happened to call the PD.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

they better find the pipe other wise he might be in trouble le im generaly anti cop most cases but if you go after cops with a pipe your asking for trouble but i guess we shall have to wait for more pertinent information thanks for bringing this to our attention

top topics

join