It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Compares Himself to Martin Luther King

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo
Oddly enough, just the other day my friend spotted an odd bowling ball at the alley. At first glance, the front indicated that it was probably some commemorative Civil Rights / MLK / etc.

Upon further investigation of that same ball, my friend became disgusted, as did I. The other side of the ball showed:

This man and his administration are delusional! His contributions (if you want to call them that) are nowhere near those of MLK. I firmly believe MLK would be offended by this nonsense today!

Now I am confused, when I read the Obama quote it sounded like he was merely using MLK's legacy as an example of democracy in action. Most of us tend to view MLK's dream as a static legacy whose goals have largely been achieved. Now I look at this bowling ball and it makes me wonder if something else is in the works?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
"There was a decade that followed the great successes of Birmingham and Selma in which he was just struggling, fighting the good fight, and scorned, and many folks angry. But what he understood, what kept him going, was that the arc of moral universe is long but it bends towards justice."

That guy has no business saying the word "justice".. since he obviously has no idea what it means... and LMAO "moral arc"??..loool.. his moral standing is laying supine in historys gutter of violence & death...

If Iraqis & Afghanis ever see true justice.. the fraction of a man who calls himself president will be sharing a prison yard with his neo-clown war mongering cronies..

Who would MLK Jr extra-judicially kill in the name of peace & justice?.. and I'm sure MLK Jr would, like ohblahhblah, perpetuate "official" lies to keep the needless slaughter / subjugation of innocent foreigners producing maximum profits..

Leaders, so called, like bushbama follow orders.. MLK Jr would give middle east locals what they want: freedom from America.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

After watching Glenn Beck try to pull this off and get crucified for it (rightly so), I don't understand why Obama would even try to make connections in this way.

But to his defense, he was identifying with Dr. King; not really comparing himself with the man. Glenn Beck did far worse but the President should have known better.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Obama did have a dream and now we must all suffer because of it

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
At a small, exclusive New York City fundraiser Thursday night featuring the likes of Gwyneth Paltrow and movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, Obama compared himself and his agenda to that of Martin Luther King Jr.

Interesting how this is not in quotes or attributed to the person that actually wrote it. If you are too lazy to bash Obama on your own, at least give full credit.

Obama Compares Himself to Martin Luther King
by Keith Koffler on August 13, 2011, 1:58 pm

At least it wasn’t Jesus.

At a small, exclusive New York City fundraiser Thursday night featuring the likes of Gwyneth Paltrow and movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, Obama compared himself and his agenda to that of Martin Luther King Jr.

Give Keith his credit!

edit on 14-8-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l

I was thinking the same thing. NLP has been a prominent mechanism throughout his whole campaign. Even Ron Paul has a link to it here. He is still playing the innocent, hope campaign to the bottom brained thinkers. In using brief analogies to MLK and not actually mentioning it allows the viewing public to make their own subconscious connection to the man himself and relating it to the programming of Obamas psyop writers..
Is he like MLK? No, I believe he is more like Stalin or Jeffrey Dahmer.
edit on 14-8-2011 by OuttaTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Lets see what happens if Obama tries honesty as a policy and compares himself to Carter or Harding..Taft even comes to mind. I'll bet he gets a standing ovation that rings in his ears long into retirement.
He really has absolutely no clue how deeply he's upset the entire nation by the direction he's taking it. Oh Bush started this show, yeah I know....but Obama jumped right into the drivers seat Bush left and put it to the floorboards.

It's been awhile since we bounced a 1 termer by a national landslide. I guess it's about time we remind them all up there, it can still happen. Voters can be an unforgiving bunch. Unemployed and Hungry voters can be downright ruthless about what person they pick in privacy of the voting booth..

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
MLK was a secret racist.......oh wait so is Obama.
Yep they seem alike.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Does this mean Obama shouldn't ever go to Memphis? Will someone be staking out Memphis hotels/motels when "the new MLK" shows up?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It’s laughable . . . the proposition that Obama is anything like King.
King had moral vision; Obama has none and is just an unauthentic pretender at best. . . .At worst he is a deliberate con-man and liar.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
King was prepared to die for his cause. Obama's cause doesn't require such sacrifice. Aiding thieves in their looting of the populace is nit comparable to fighting for civil rights

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

That reprobate Ted Kennedy compared Obama to JFK. Now it is Martin Luther King. I doubt that Larry Sinclair or millions of other Americans would agree. One big difference between JFK and MLK had that Obama doesn't is a valid US birth certificate. There of course are many many other differences.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I can't seem to find the article which points to Obama comparing himself to King. It sure isn't in the link you posted. All I read was a description of King, by Obama, with nothing about himself at all.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
You can be your life that BarryBoy is well aware of the US government agencies
role in the MLK assassination. You won't hear mention of that though.
He is a Fraud and a Charlatan whose only intelligence lies in being able to read
what others write for him.

He would do better to compare himself to Burger King.....
Detrimental to your health and well-being, Lots of cheese, and Greasy as hell.
(Oh yeah...and tells a load of KingSize Whoppers).

He should be Flame-Grilled.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I sincerely HATE Obama.... I hope he got use to being a One term President. If he gets elected again then we know for damn sure the elections are fixed!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

The quote is in the OPs original post. Surely you don't need an explanation for that... Obama knows that few like him right now. He is 'martyring' himself by comparing his status to that of MLK. I.e. when MLK was struggling to make progress, he was hated by many. O is using that example as a shield of excuse for his current status with the populous.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

What you mean not really? He's not even close to close... hes just some politician that has an ego

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo
reply to post by spinalremain

The quote is in the OPs original post. Surely you don't need an explanation for that... Obama knows that few like him right now. He is 'martyring' himself by comparing his status to that of MLK. I.e. when MLK was struggling to make progress, he was hated by many. O is using that example as a shield of excuse for his current status with the populous.

Only those who hate Obama interpret it that way though. You need to find something to gnaw at. I don't like Obama either, but let's be clear here. He did not mention himself nor draw any sort of parallel in the description. You are inserting one that isn't there.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Washington Monument: From the mountain top to the promised land.

Condolezza Rice Washington Monument Photoshop

Condoleezza Rice: From the Mountain Top to the Promised Land. - YouTube

Video quotes. Music is "Africa" by Toto.

Condoleezza Rice

It's really wonderful for the United States. Obviously the election of, now, President Obama was a giant leap in that direction and I think it said something to the world that America is, in fact, what it claims to be. It's a place where circumstances matter less; where you came from doesn't determine where you're going.

I think it showed that we have had this painful, painful history with race going back to the original birth defect of slavery and yet, step by step, little by little, we've overcome it to have first, black secretaries of state and black C.E.O.s of major Fortune 100 companies ... and now all the way to an African American as President of the United States.

It's quite a journey and I always found that when I went around the world it was important to put this into context for people that if you are striving to build democracy in places that are tough or where there hasn't be democracy before, it's always a work in progress. It isn't ever full-blown; it isn't ever something that you stop working at.

We didn't just focus on the threat of 9/11 but also tried to look to deal with root causes so the international compassion agenda which had to do with doubling foreign assistance for Latin America, quadrupling foreign assistance in Africa, tripling it world wide. The President's emergency AIDS relief programme, the Malaria initiative, girls' education.

These were elements of a foreign policy agenda that while not directly responsive to 9/11 were responsive to the idea that you had to make a better world that failed states, hopelessness among people were among the causes of what happened to us and so I am pleased that we were able to do that.

I have a feeling sometimes when I look back over the headlines that it was a bit swamped by 9/11.

We know we have to deal with the world as it is but we do not have to accept the world as it is.

Imagine where we would be today if the brave founders of French liberty or of American liberty had simply been content with the world as it was.

They knew that history does not just happen; it is made. History is made by men and women of conviction of commitment and of courage who will not let their dreams be denied

WASHINGTON - JANUARY 12, 2009: U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice speaks during a news conference at the Department of State January 12, 2009 in Washington, DC. Rice attended the news conference of the release of 'The President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief 2009.'

Rice for President Yahoo Group
"Condoleezza Rice for President in 2012. Join this group of supporters from everywhere on the world wide web."
groups.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Barak hussien Obama is to Martin Luther King Jr. as deep space exploration is to Malibu barbie.

Obama is one of the dumbest jerks I know. I know plenty of dumb jerks, but the guy takes the cake on this one. How do you compare someone who has been driving our country into the ground to someone that freed an entire RACE of people from tyranny? If you are like him like you say you are, then do the greater good a favor and impeach yourself.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join