It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a shadow figure! (Story)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ok, no pics or witnesses! Just what I saw with my own eyes!

I went to work as usual, and where I work there are a few buildings, and one is a warehouse. My co worker asked me if I heard the news from the day before, i say "No" and he says
"well yesterday, when the office workers took off, our other coworkers also took off to do some errands elsewhere, and it was just me and 'buddy', and we can hear the radio in the office of the warehouse was on one radio station! we take off do some work and 5 minutes later we were within earshot of the radio again and the station was changed! We heard some footsteps in the warehouse office so we checked it out, and nothing! Empty!! So, we don't think nothing of it and keep working, 10 minutes later, the radio changes stations again, once we were out of ear shot, and thought weird!"

I thought it was pretty weird too, but didn't really dwell on it! About an hour later, me and my crew were in the warehouse and I gotta piss! I walk to the bathroom, which is a one man stall and is up the stairs in a dark hallway, and the door was open! To my surprise when I turned the corner I see a shadowy figure move from the door to inside the washroom, thinking its one of my co workers and the door was open, i thought they turned around to wash their hands and didn't turn the light on! I reach the door and look in, and nobody is there!! I thought "WTF" but needed to pee real bad, so I just did it! Freaked out, but I did it! I have seen shadowy figures before, but this is the first time it really looked like a solid person!
edit on (13/8/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

edit on (13/8/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: typo

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Scary! There are so many sightings of these shadow figures. Are they ghosts or somehow a different kind of entity? Not too sure what to make of them.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
That's pretty weird. I don't blame you for being freaked out. I heard about shadow people some time ago and did some research on them. Seems they're not considered "ghosts" in the general sense. Just what they are, though, no one knows.

If you see anything more, please post the story here. Not that I'm hoping you do see anything, but I'd be interested in any updates.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

No doubt! I will ask my co workers too, if they seen anything, and post that! I don't think they go on site's like this!
2nd line (I think we need an emoticon or something for a second line replacement!)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

PS> I like your avatar!! That's wicked, tin foil hat is hilarious!
2nd line!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Used to see them all the time when I was a kid.. the seeing wasn't as scary as the feeling I used to get off them things. My father passed almost 10 years before my Mum and when we went to clean out the house after my Mum passed, I saw one again. This time it materialized into my father's form. My skin crawls to this day even remembering the incident. I don't know what they are but they are deceitful, awful (and dare I say EVIL) things.

Advice: Stay as far away from them as you can, they DO NOT mean well!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

I will do my best to stay away! I too felt weird when I realized no one was in the washroom! Has anyone heard of these shadow figures ever hurting anyone before? I will search for some threads about it and see what I can come up with!
edit on (14/8/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAPurMAMA

I will do my best to stay away! I too felt weird when I realized no one was in the washroom! Has anyone heard of these shadow figures ever hurting anyone before? I will search for some threads about it and see what I can come up with!
edit on (14/8/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

Check out paranormal.about.com and search "shadow people".. you can just google "shadow people" or check out www.shadowpeople.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I totally believe you! I've experienced a similar thing in the flat I used to live in, and while you can easily discount it as imagination, why has it never happened in my current flat (where I've lived for 5 years and nothing has happened)? I agree with all the previous people, I'd stay away from these entities as much as possible.

Do you know much about the history of the warehouse? Have these events happened a lot? When you saw this shadow person, did you get a feeling of dread pass through you?

By the way, your avatar is the coolest and most disturbing thing I've ever seen!!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Marrakesh

I asked around, and no one knows if anyone died or if anything happened in or around the warehouse.....so still gotta research if I can! The only time I heard of anything happening was the story from my co-worker that said the radios would change stations only when they weren't able to hear it!

Thanks about the Avatar! It's Queen Anna from the TV show "V"!! I use it to get this exact reaction from people on ATS and I must have gotten about 10 compliments or shocked comments on it so far!!

edit on (15/8/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAPurMAMA

S&F for this .. yes.. my wife saw one in our old house we moved from 2years ago; it appeared in our bedroom doorway and she called to me and I went to the bedroom she said..

"I just saw a shadowy figure standing and looking at me in our bedroom doorway; it had a malicious intent" How did know this..

when she saw it, the feeling came over her...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
did you feal any sort of presence or anything like that when you saw it?? did you feal it to be unusually cold in the pisser when u went in there?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

The one I used to see as a kid only stood at my bedroom doorway, and it seemed to seethe with malintent. I grew up, moved away and then there was that day as I posted above.

Over the years I've had an interest, obviously.. what was that "THING"?

Shadow people, shadow beings, shadow folk, Schattenwesen, can even appear as animals in some cases... plenty of names and plenty of stories out there on the net, with almost as many theories as to what they are.. demons, interdimentional beings, aliens, non-human spirits, etc, etc.. however the general consensus in all of the encounters is that they are not pleasant and give off frighting, negative 'vibes'.
I'm not Christian, although I do believe there are unseen entities that feed on negativity.. Apparently attracted to the frequency of negative emotions. There is a film called Shadowbuilder, which is based on these shadow-beings.

They are fast, stealthy and very creepy.

A being like the one I used to see as a child is on the left side:

(Sorry, don't know how to embed images)

Accounts of shadow people have been reported all over the world. There has been an increase of reported sightings of these creatures within the last five to ten years, though there is anectdotal evidence of these creatures appearing before human witnesses through out our history.
It has also been proven recently that areas with erratic or powerful electromagnetic fields can interfere with the electrical impulses or firing synapses of the human mind, thus influencing people subjected to such environments over time to believe that they are hearing or seeing ghosts, aliens, or perhaps shadow beings. Such environments include old buildings with substandard wiring, power plants, and areas with naturally occurring strong magnetic fields.

Perhaps the only aspect of alleged eye witness accounts of shadow people that remains difficult to explain in objective scientific terms is the similarity of the beings being seen in these alleged accounts, especially the tall man with a hat that is reported as often by 4 year old children as with adults.
However, this could simply be a result of common archetypes (note similarities between many shadow people reports and the grim reaper) shared in the subconscious of all people, just as people all over the world report dreams of flying and falling.

source

Although, in my experience I had never heard of anything like this when I was young..

Some stories from others who have seen them

Dreams? Figments of an overactive imagination? The product of a tired mind? (Must be a lot of people in this boat!)

I still believe they are some type of non human spirit that is bent on malintent.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

I didn't really notice any weird feelings when I first saw it, but I thought it was just a co worker! When I realized no one was in the washroom I was thinking I was going crazy, I used the wash room and I did feel weird, but I think that it was just the paranoia setting in!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Some of those stories you linked are pretty freaky! I feel lucky this thing wasn't as menacing as those events! I remember one time, I was in bed with this one girl, and in the middle of the night I woke up in a fright! The girl was fast asleep and no one/thing (that I can see) else was in the room! I tried to sit up, but couldn't! Felt like something was sitting on my chest! I tried to lift my arm, and nothing! My heart started racing like mad! I tried to wake the girl next to me by saying her name, and nothing but a short soft grunt! All I could do was move my head a bit and look around! About 30 - 45 seconds later all was normal! I just put it off as sleep paralysis, but you just never know!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Call exorcist.
You may have been possessed.
Having scratch on your body or seeing shadow figure is common symptom.
If the symptom continues you should consider for it.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mirine

The paralysis event happened 6 years ago! Should I still be worried?
And the shadow figures only show up in the corner of my eye like 3 or 4 times a year!
edit on (16/8/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Just wait and see how you feel.
And when you think you need help, call the real ones at the Holy See.
There are shortage in exorcists due to high demand these days, so don't get caught by business people.
I guess there are lots of bad stuffs in popular media and bad news that's contaminating people these days.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Not able to open my own thread yet, I thought I'd add my own story about shadowy figures to this thread. I hope you don't mind.

At first, I did not give it much thought, then I started reading about people with similar stories.

All my life, some mornings I have woken up, feeling as sick as a dog, disorientated, and feeling “disjointed”, I considered this to be just normal “24hr illness”, and never thought about it.

A bout of cancer meant that they were treating me with powerful painkillers, which had the side effect of increasing my resistance to drugs. The dentist noticed first, that it took a little more lidocaine than normal, to deaden my teeth enough to work on. The doctor said that considering the drugs I was on, this was entirely normal, and indeed, expected.

It was at some point after this, I cannot remember when exactly. My grandma had died, but my mother was still alive, that puts it sometime between 1998 and 2005. I woke up from a dead sleep, with a feeling of dread terror. Stood around my bed were what can only be described as “shadowy figures”, though the room was too dark to make out any details. They were moving around.

I could move, physically, but I was so afraid, that I just laid there, pretended to still be asleep, and hoped they'd go away, peeping out from semi-opened eye. I lapsed back into sleep, and the following morning, I woke up nauseated, shivering, and feeling really “grotty” as we say in the UK.

It was some time later when I recall it happening again. Just before my mothers death, so some time in 2004/2005. I woke up, laying on my side facing the door. The light from the bathroom was giving a very dim illumination in my room. A single, solitary figure stood by my bed. Not doing anything, just stood there. Again, I had that feeling of pure terror, and I laid there till I lapsed back into sleep.

The figure, as best as I can remember, was human sized, both in terms of height and width, but was entirely in black.

The following morning, I woke up feeling like hell warmed up, which lasted for just under a day. Shivers, migraines, nausea.

The most recent time it happened, and currently “the last”, I woke out of a sleep to see two figures, one each side of my bed. I made a groan, and blinked, when I opened my eyes again, they were gone, but I had a horrible horrible stomach ache, which developed rapidly into physical vomiting. Again, for the next, approx 24 hour period, I had periodic vomiting, nausea, and a feeling of general malaise.

I don't expect anyone to have any answers, and I know there are any number of rational explanations such as mild hallucinations arising from the sudden awakening of a deep sleep. I just thought I'd share my experiences.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
to me i can put this simply, there are certain things i believe can be shadow figures one is an actual human, if you have ever heard of OBE'S (out of body experience) might sound odd but that could be a human using that method and messing around

Since it had a solid line though i'm going to assume that it was in fact, a thought process of/or an actual spirit, I had encountered demons before and they look like shadows but you can tell it is not a 2nd dimensional form it is purely 3d just, a shadow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join