It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Last night I was taking out the garbage and it was clear night so I started checking out some stars. I noticed what looked exactly like a star but seemed to be moving slightly upwards. After watching it for about a minute it turned into 2-3 very dull red lights and started flying east to west at a constant rate of speed. None of the lights blinked but they where very dull. If I didnt notice it when it looked like a star theres no way I would have noticed those red lights, thats how dull they were. It was just very strange that of all the places to look in the sky it happened where I was focusing.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
congratulations, you have seen an UFO

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hard to say. from your description I'm leaning towards that you possibly saw a meteor as it was skipping off the atmosphere and it broke into three objects before exiting. Was the object(s) moving fast, did the lights fade away or blink out? Were you able to see the thing move across the entire sky?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Were the lights far apart, or close together? (could have been military jets seen from the rear)

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yeah, Gazrok, I thought that too. Like they were flying in close formation and turned slightly so that you could then see the multiple lights.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I saw somthing very simliar to this about 2 months ago... I just looked up and saw a white light streaking across the sky... it got very bright, disappeared and then reappeared as 2 lights and then continued on a straight path. Finally one completely disappeared and the other got bright again and disappeared.

I assume that it was a comet skipping across the atomosphere... it was strange and neat. It seems to be happening quite frequently this summer.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The lights were very close together. When it looked like a star it was above the East horizon and it was moving upwards slowly. It turned into the 2-3 dull red lights and flew a straight path and I watched it fly directly overhead toward the West. It was going in a straight line.
I had to run to the front of my house to watch it going into the western horizon but I couldn't pick it out when I got there. It seems the lights were dimming as it went so the meteor theory sounds very pausible now that I think about it. At one point a plane was heading South To North and it looked like they were going to directly intercect but the plane never changed heading. So from my perspective I think it was at a much higher altitude.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Military craft are assigned to a higher cruising altitude than civilian craft, so I wouldn't count that out either. I've seen a few meteor showers myself, but I've not seen a shooting star act as you saw. Not that this means too much overall.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hmm. Sounds interesting. If it isn't explainable, definately a UFO. I have yet to see a UFO. I hope the one I see looks alien, because that is what I am hoping for, but what are the chances of me seeing that? pffft

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Could have been a satellite going over, they get bright and then dim also no flashing lights on them.
I've seen quiet a lot recently that seem brighter and faster then normal.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I think you should spend more time looking at the sky. It really is worth doing, it can be very relaxing too.

[edit on 18-8-2004 by Kriz_4]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Could have been of our many 100's of satellites orbiting earth set aside from a UFO

top topics

join