It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronic skin tattoo (Mark of the Beast?)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by rwfresh

When you want to get a messege across you don't use figurative language you try to be as straight forward as possible. You can't wax poetic or talk in parables and then blame the intended receiver for not understanding the information.

What you call gibberish is an example of how they could have gotten the messege across even with terms of that time. It has nothing to do with how the actual tech works. It's funny that a description that is closer to how biometrics works is gibberish but the way it's described in revelations is crystal clear and leaves no doubt.

A database is a compilation of data so yes a written registry in the form of a book is a database.

I insist that the bible says that the mark must be a physical modification because that is what it actually says. Any speculation on your part is just that, speculation.

edit on 18-8-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

So are you trying to convince me that you believe that revelations is totally literal and specific? Seriously? If so then why don't you just tell us all what the mark is? Specifically. Apparently it's written in plain English in the version you are reading.

Normal people use a figurative term or word when it's best way to communicate or describe the intended meaning of the subject.

Can we agree that revelations was a vision the author had? Can we agree on the dictionary term of "vision"?
In your fairytale, the author sees a computer based database and calls it a book. So what visual characteristic of the computer based database did he see in the vision? You are so confused you've forgot what you were trying to demonstrate with your fairytale.

"I insist that the bible says that the mark must be a physical modification because that is what it actually says. Any speculation on your part is just that, speculation. "

What bible are you reading?

Delusion. You don't believe in it so why bother? Who are you trying to convince? Is it a little too real? You go and get your biometric bank/credit account and have fun with your face scans and hand scans. Enjoy! And you come back to this thread and let me know how great it is and how God has given you his green light endorsement.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

My example is to show that a clearer messege could have been offered to the person having the vision so that the messege would have been closer to what biometrics is. In my versión he sees a book and describes a book. He sees everything as I wrote and those reading it in modern times would find similarities instead of having to do linguistic gymnastics to change "taking a picture" to "being marked on the forehead" or "taking someones fingerprints" to "a hand that now bears the mark".

There's no convincing you. You think your on to something. Actually I'm trying to show whoever comes across this thread where you are wrong. Sorry about that but it is the sites motto.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by rwfresh

My example is to show that a clearer messege could have been offered to the person having the vision so that the messege would have been closer to what biometrics is. In my versión he sees a book and describes a book. He sees everything as I wrote and those reading it in modern times would find similarities instead of having to do linguistic gymnastics to change "taking a picture" to "being marked on the forehead" or "taking someones fingerprints" to "a hand that now bears the mark".

There's no convincing you. You think your on to something. Actually I'm trying to show whoever comes across this thread where you are wrong. Sorry about that but it is the sites motto.

No problem. Peace brother. It's good to question things!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

How messed up is this? Well let me count the ways....1....2....3.....867....1270....man oh man will that technology be ripe for abuse or what

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ray1850

Man even if your a hard core atheist this can only be used for evil ... The traggit thing is the tech could be for bennifical applications
edit on 9-9-2011 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join