It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the England Riots Be a Diversion From Murdoch?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Just a thought, but is it possible that this latest uprising in England is nothing more than a government diversion of attention away from Murdoch?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
That does make sense.
The reported looting and violent tendencies I find odd.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I don't know if there's a connection, but Murdoch has certainly fallen off the radar. Someone put a clamp on the media.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The governments know how the ignorant populations will react. It is not as if it has never happened before, for a government to place instigaters to cause an uproar and then fade off after all hell breaks loose. It fits their M.O.!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
If even a small portion of American sheeple woke up and had proof that the media can actually break into our cell phones....that would cause a serious problem for the government. I can't imagine anyone getting into my cell phone. I guarantee you, the media had government help breaking into the calls phones of the victims that have already been reported.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It's not inconceivable.

Many grass roots movements germinate from the top.
edit on 10-8-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
People were saying the same thing when Anders Behring Breivik went on his murderous spree.

The fact is that big news stories happen regularly, and when the newest story is bigger or more interesting than the previous one, then the previous story gets supplanted by the newer, bigger story.

If Murdoch and his people are that powerful to order and orchestrate a nutcase to go on the rampage in Norway and/or thousands of people to riot in Britain, then why on Earth is he in a pickle in the first place ?

This diversion theory just doesn't make sense.

edit on 10-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a diversion??

Do you really think that something was really going to happen to Murdoch?

A whistleblower ended up DEAD and the media just blew it off.

The elites can lie, steal, cheat, invade privacy, and kill without consequence

you and I on the other hand have to walk on egg shells, lest we be tossed in the gulags with murderers, rapists, and drug addicts

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
People were saying the same thing when Anders Behring Breivik went on his murderous spree.

The fact is that big news stories happen regularly, and when the newest story is bigger or more interesting than the previous one, then the previous story gets supplanted by the newer, bigger story.

If Murdoch and his people are that powerful to order and orchestrate a nutcase to go on the rampage in Norway and/or thousands of people to riot in Britain, then why on Earth is he in a pickle in the first place ?

edit on 10-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

Common Sense prevails ....At Last. Starred.
edit on 10-8-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Because he's extremely powerful, he can't get "in a pickle"...?

That just doesn't make sense, I'm afraid.

He has 50,000 employees. I imagine it's very easy for him to get in a pickle. I imagine it's also very easy for him to get out of it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The hacking scandal was one of the top news stories tonight, in the headlines with the riot obviously.
The riots are bigger news and effects people directly, so obviously people will want to know about that more, and need to know about it more.
The hacking scandal has not been whipped off the radar.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SurvivalInstinct

If even a small portion of American sheeple woke up and had proof that the media can actually break into our cell phones....

Sounds like a big media conspiracy until you find out that they were only hacking voicemail and they were accessing peoples accounts because the victims were too lazy to change their passwords from the factory set 0000 or 1234.

edit on 10/8/2011 by OccamAssassin because: clarity

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
That is a ridiculous assumption!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
No it is not a diversion from the Murdoch s or the Hacking investigations, more people are being arrested over it. Soo you have your presumptions wrong. Another 61 year old man was arrested today on appointment. At a London Police station.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Maybe it's a diversion but if so it is a dangerous one. If every time they have to save a globalist they need to burn a city down I wonder how long it will last. Recently a court ruled that Rumsfeld could face torture charges, will Washington, D.C. or someplace else in the USA be set on fire because of that?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I surmised a question to make people think. I do not believe that ignorant people have the power to cause riots of this magnitude because some guy got shot. Look at what is going on. I welcome ALL COMMON SENSE remarks, but to dismiss the idea that it's a possibility that this is a government intervention is absolutely insane. Have you seen Murdoch on the TV lately? Do you have any idea how it would affect Americans if Murdoch admitted that the government told him to eaves drop? The ramifications are powerful, very powerful! I do not know one way or the other, but I find it just a bit too convienient for Murdoch, he is probably masturbating right now & thanking God at the same time for the riots!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SurvivalInstinct

Actually he is not, His Global company has lost money due to the sale off Myspace.

Media giant News Corporation has seen its quarterly profits fall 22% on the back of losses caused by the sale of the MySpace social networking website.

News Corp Profits Fall

I would say he was crapping his diaper now. His investors/share holders will be after him with Foam Pies, as a result of this.
I just could not resist.

edit on 10-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
MySpace? Seriously....and how have they been doing since FB took over, BTW with American government support. I liked Myspace much better BTW!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join