It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verizon Phone and Internet Lines are currently being sabotaged....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Verizon reports sabotage as workers continue strike

Verizon Communications Inc. reported a dozen cases of sabotaged cable lines and warned of delays in repairs and customer service on the second day of a strike involving about 45,000 employees.

The telecommunications company said there have been 12 acts of sabotage to telephone lines and to Internet and television services in Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, and New York since the strike began.

Is this the start of something larger?

And what forces are at play here?

Have the unions become thugs cutting off service including people not being able to call 911 or the powers that be trying to frame the unions that are currently shaking them down with the current strike in the northeast?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Are you really calling them thugs? Look around. I hope one day you understand.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

I am merely stating that if true deliberately cutting off 911 service to people that have nothing to do with the negotiations at hand is almost an act of terrorism. I hate to use such harsh words. But I can not see any justification for doing anything like this.

What happens when somebody has a medical emergency or some other tragedy happens?

A lot of people lives are being jeopardized by these acts.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Krycheck because: punctuation

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

sure they have a good cause at the start, they want more money. Those guys in London had a good cause to though right? but they are still going why? not saying the two are related at the surface but further down if it builds it will roll out of control. This is not a good way to go about doing things. people are reacting without thinking and it can all lead to more bad things.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

I don't want start an anti-union thread. But to look at all of the possibilities, whether it be the union guys doing this or Verizon hiring somebody to do this to frame the union to make it look bad,

It will be the citizens and customers that will pay the toll for this pissing match.

Could this also be a third party trying to take advantage of the situation also?

It seems a bit out there, but also possible.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Krycheck

an act of terrorism? seriously?

not having telephone landlines, cabled tv or internet is an act of terrorism? [snip]
edit on 10-8-2011 by elevatedone because: Removed insulting remark.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Cut the service and then run some government black ops.

It must be a conspiracy!

No, its just unions being unions and lashing out in an erratic fashion.

Nothing to see here move along folks.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krycheck
reply to post by Doublemint

I don't want start an anti-union thread. But to look at all of the possibilities, whether it be the union guys doing this or Verizon hiring somebody to do this to frame the union to make it look bad,

It will be the citizens and customers that will pay the toll for this pissing match.

Could this also be a third party trying to take advantage of the situation also?

It seems a bit out there, but also possible.

I geuss it could be a third party, but I don't think so. I just think it is a bad way of doing bussiness. whats going on:

you have a company with employies that aren't happy, so they go on strike.

well the emploies think that its taking to long to work a deal so they get more angry and go and cut some wires.

Now, this is my prediction.
Tommorow these same emploies will be back at strike again awaiting verizon to make a deal with them.

to me thats just bad business

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

I do agree with you in your opinion, just trying to present all of the possibilities considering what time that we are currently and the state of things.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nvprose1

Not all people have cell phones!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Gee... I thought labor unions were supposed to protect workers. /sarcasm

Its funny how they are willing to sabotage anybody and anything when they don't get their way.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nvprose1

Just an update to this subject ...

FBI looking into allegation by Verizon of sabotage

An FBI spokesman confirmed Thursday that the bureau is looking into the allegation. "Because critical infrastructure has been affected, namely the telecommunications of both a hospital and a police department, the FBI is looking into this matter from a security standpoint as part of our security efforts leading up to the 9-11 anniversary," Special Agent Bryan Travers said in an email.

top topics

join