It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Architects of Fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
There is an old Outer Limits episode called The Architects of Fear which a group of scientists wish to stave off a nuclear holocaust. They come up with the idea that they turn of of their own scientists into an alien and have him land at the United Nations so the world will unite to fight an outside invader thus causing world peace among nations. Sound familiar? President Regan made a speech as such in the 80s. This Outer Limits episode aired in 1963. Wonder where he got that idea from? hmmm.

With today's technology they could easily manufacturer a humanoid grey alien looking being and accomplish the same feat could they not? Would it be a good thing if humanity united in a common cause like that it? It could make people realize that we have more in common than we do in differences. All humans experience fear, anger, love, sadness, happiness, etc. Such an outside force would cause us to realize that. Would the cause justify the means or do you think it would cause too much panic and chaos?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SigilOfLux

If aliens can indeed travel the stars and come here, then they have the technology to wipe us out in an instant. There wouldn't be any war, trust me.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I believe humanity will never be united even if there was a real threat but I suppose it's fun to think about ?

The episode is on youtube...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The first step to unification is ALL countries coming clean on what they know so that the whole UFO/ET thing can be studied and figured out properly. Probably won't happen anytime soon, unless we get positive proof

You can have a S cuz you mentioned the Twilight Zone

edit on 9-8-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111

If aliens can indeed travel the stars and come here, then they have the technology to wipe us out in an instant. There wouldn't be any war, trust me.

Well, maybe - but it`s not that easy. Why would they want to do that? Possible reasons to wipe out a race:

1. You want their resources - if so - bombing devastation might not be an option. Nuclear residue from our nuclear facilities or maybe even their weapons, contamination, damage to the eco system would make it useless.

2. You see the race as a possible threat in the future - resources not needed. Only thing is that space is huge and we seem to be far from being a threat unless we create a black hole near other intelligent life or valuable resources.

To issue number one, a virus would be the best solution. But if you have all that tech, why not use the race as slaves for the work you need instead? If so, studying our biology and psychological/emotional responses would be smart. Abduction would be a good solution, erasing memory as far as possible and putting the specimen back in place so that no suspicion is raised. On the other hand, if you were curious about a specimen, you would do the exactly same thing for scientific purposes, like we do to other species.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

We would've been wiped out long before now if attack was the plan. To carry on the 'Zone theme, maybe we already are a slave race, do we actually know who runs the corporations that control the world?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

If they have the technology to get here from there, our technology would be useless against them. Why do you assume they would use nukes? I'm sure they have some clean weapons they could use. Fighting would be futile, so you might as well assimilate

Yes, we might already be slaves to them. It's a theory I've considered.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The idea that an alien threat would united humanity is an idea of the naive. If anything, humanity has shown that at our darkest moments, when faced with giant, unimaginable threats, we will not hesitate to turn on each other.

top topics

join