It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gangster' shot dead by police sparking riots did NOT fire at officers - and bullet found embedded

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

'Gangster' shot dead by police sparking riots did NOT fire at officers - and bullet found embedded in police radio WAS 'force issue'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Mark Duggan - the police shooting victim whose death sparked riots in Tottenham - did not fire at officers before he was killed, tests have suggested.
Ballistic analysis has indicated that a handgun found at the scene where Mr Duggan was killed by police had not been used, the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) revealed today.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 9-8-2011 by Big Raging Loner because: To fix link. Never works first time.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Oh dear.

Well when this info gets around we may see more trouble. That is assuming the initial disorder was a result of this incident.

Interesting quote:

But an IPCC statement said: 'At this stage there is no evidence that the handgun found at the scene was fired during the incident.'

Apologies if already posted. What more can I say that hasn't already been stated? This violence shows just how unprepared the police in the UK are for civil disorder on a large scale. What will they do when there is a real reason for average Joe to be out on the streets?

It also shows the importance of social networking in both instigating some of these riots, but also in the clean up operation by civilians. A double edged sword.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 9-8-2011 by Big Raging Loner because: To add few words.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Cough*PLANTED*Cough

So cops shoot guy.
Guy never fired gun.
I smell criminal activity.
Coming from the wrong side of the badge.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
sorry to say but it seems to be a hot water situation that has finally reached its boiling point. the race and/or class war is beginning and it's starting in london.

que "london bridge is falling down"

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Typical trigger happy nut job police.. I personally never call 911, if you want sh" done and taken care of, do it on your own.

- I like your default by the way =)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So he was a gangster?!, If he was...what's the big deal. Shoot them all I say. The less scum on this earth the better. But they should keep a couple of bullets for the crooked cops and politicians as well.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Shoutout to all the racist twats that were on their "kill the blacks" binge before this info dropped. I bet they make themselves scarce now.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Something just stinks here. I read this and then I reread it. A couple things jump out at me here. First, what they heck do they mean they can't tell for certain if his weapon was fired?? Okay, that kind of outright lie might fly in England where almost everyone has to rely on the media for the truth of a statement, but anyone who has personally spent time firing weapons knows that is a crock on the FACE OF IT. Don't KNOW?? Gunshot Residue tests on the suspects hands would be a dandy start if something about the gun itself has been hopelessly contaminated. I'm not sure why else the gun itself wouldn't answer that with a test any well stocked high school lab could accomplish fairly quickly.

There is a big stinking rat in this wood pile....They need to be straight, honest and stop covering their butts while London burns. Just be HONEST for a change. Ya never know, it might even work!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185
reply to post by neonitus

You do not know who shot first! Nobody should be killed in gunfire, this is not the US and obviously these people feel the Police were not justified in shooting him down so I say good on them. We cannot just go by what the Police say in these events, the US is a prime example how those who enforce the law would not hesitate to cover themselves and give false stories.

Im not very suprised.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Well before all this trouble kicked off, before the Norway shootings, we were all hearing about the phone hacking scandal, and what was becoming apparent was the level of corruption in the Met police force. That has been swept under the carpet for now.

Remember Charles De Menezes? Seven times point blank in the head whilst being restrained.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Ian Tomlinson? Pushed to the ground by police during g20 disturbance.

www.guardian.co.uk...

The 3rd death by police in the UK under suspicious circumstances in 8 years. I don't know the full story about Mark Duggan, but I'm gonna reserve judgement about him personally until more information comes out.

I would like to point out both Mr. Tomlinson and Menezes were 100% innocent victims, and I in no way intend to taint their memory by implying their deaths are similar to Mark Duggan's. Only that our police clearly need more training, especially those carrying firearms, and I suspect if foul play occurred here, as per usual no one will be punished.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You can argue to the cows come home whether the gun was implanted or not, on this occasion i dont agree it was as lots of these gangster scumbags do carry these ILLEGAL firearms, and any armed officers in any country will react at the site of gun regardless of whether it is fired at you or not.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
They also said the police marksman who shot at Duggan fired a bullet that went right through the deceased and got lodged into a police radio belonging to an officer standing behind Duggan.

It's a shame not that the man is dead because I don't know the full facts of what happened and neither do anyone else except those involved but a shame because a protest that was peaceful got hijacked and now the world sees a bunch of criminals vandalising and stealing and assume the whole country is like it, assume they're also protesting and assume that we all hate police and that we all think police are killers when we don't.

I and many others in this country have a lot of respect for the police and are siding with them on the issue of the rioting and looting. There were even locals helping clean up the mess with "Looters are scum" written on their t-shirts. That should tell you what the real British public think about the situation.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
So he was a gangster?!, If he was...what's the big deal. Shoot them all I say. The less scum on this earth the better. But they should keep a couple of bullets for the crooked cops and politicians as well.

you sound like you should be on the ground robbing people and torching businesses. you are scum, you just don't know it yet.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

There were even locals helping clean up the mess with "Looters are scum" written on their t-shirts. That should tell you what the real British public think about the situation.

Absolutely agree with you here. That's why in the OP I wanted to point out that Twitter etc, is a double edged sword. Alot of the clean up was organised online. Initially it appeared the MSM were going to run with the idea, that Twitter was abating the organisation of civil disobedience.

The reason I mention previous cases of deaths by police is not to outright bash them, and tar every officer with the same brush, as that would be foolish.

However the initial news reports stated Menezes was wearing a padded coat and was most likely a failed suicide bomber. This changed in the days following as new information came out. He was basically shot for having a tan, and running from plain clothed police. He was not wearing a bomber jacket either as if that matters. With Mr Tomlinson, similar story they claimed he was involved in the G20 riots. Again as the story developed over the following days, it turned out he was just trying to get home from work.

So as with the case of Mr Duggan's death, I'll just wait a while. Maybe he used to be involved in drugs but was still being monitored? Maybe he was a previously useful informant who had some 'embarrassing' information about police? Stuff like this does happen. All I'm saying is just wait. This particular story has already changed from him firing at police, to someone in his cab possibly firing at police, to no shots fired by the victim, or from the firearm found on his person.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
ok guys, would someone please clarify a few things for me?
as an American, i am not familiar with standard police response in the UK or London ... so, given my ignorance ... i was under the assumption that the police there are NOT armed as a standard of practice.
am i right so far?

If this is true, how then did any officer fire off 2 rounds ?

so, just out of curiosity ... has anyone proven the gun found at the scene belonged to the deceased?
after reviewing the linked story, i sure have many more questions ... for example, are the UK citizenry buying into the BS that the authority cannot be 'sure' if the weapon was fired? i sure hope not cause that's the biggest bunch of bull i've heard yet.
one other question --> the story indicates the deceased was a 'gangster' ... true with proven history or assumption?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

i thought the same they hate guns in england and i always thought it was standard practice that all of them dont carry.

smells fishy to me.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Who cares if the gun was fired. If in fact the uneducated scum had a gun that is reason enough right there for law enforcement to cap him.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

What's your definition of gangster? Someone selling drugs to feed their family and put a roof over their heads, or someone with incredible personal wealth, who takes entire life savings and homes from millions?

Is it someone with baggy pants and their hat cocked sideways, or someone wearing a badge who shoots to kill civilians?
edit on 9-8-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

What is interesting is the completely different reaction to Raul Moat. He had already murdered someone, put his ex in hospital, and shot an officer point blank in the face (he is now blind BTW), and threatened war on the police. In the end he shot himself after being tazed. The police were ridiculously cautious in that situation.

Do the police here even have standard practises in the case of firearms? I don't know.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Big Raging Loner because: To add a letter.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spinster
You can argue to the cows come home whether the gun was implanted or not, on this occasion i dont agree it was as lots of these gangster scumbags do carry these ILLEGAL firearms, and any armed officers in any country will react at the site of gun regardless of whether it is fired at you or not.

being from one of those 'other' countries you mentioned, i beg to differ.
Police are not given carte blanc to fire / kill at the mere SIGHT of a gun.
sure do hope it isn't that way there either, but if it so, that would explain a lot.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join