It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Riots 2011: Eyewitnesses say Police stood back and allowed rioters to loot shops & businesses

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

One of the more astonishing sights of the riots has been the way the police have held back from arresting looters who are only yards away from them. In Hackney, looters smashed up empty police cars while lines of riot police stood on, observing. One Hackney pharmacist described pleading with rioters to leave his shop while policemen, six yards away, did nothing.
One officer patrolling Tottenham High Road yesterday was challenged by an elderly resident on why the police had not been more forceful the previous night.
He replied: ‘The way we look at it, we’re damned if we do and we’re damned if don’t.

Read more: www.metro.co.uk...
www.infowars.com...
blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

So the police just sit back and enjoy the chaos?

Where are the water cannons like they had in Greece and Spain earlier this year?

It is now becoming more obvious that the police were ordered to do nothing and just allow the rioters to loot away so that the blame is put on multiculturism and basically the general public are brainwashed by the mainstream to make them believe that we should be living in a more tightly controlled police state in the future.
I was just checking some live facebook and twitter feeds and the majority wanted the army brought in, curfews put in place, state of martial law, deportations and the death penalty for these protesters!

Make no mistake about it, these riots will be hastily exploited by the system to turn Britain into an even more controlled and surveilled police state than it already is. The riots achieve absolutely nothing aside from making the establishment look reasonable in whatever response it takes, measures which will be fully supported by a public bombarded with images of chaos, looting and burning.
edit on 9-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AzazeI

Troll much.

Locally there was a mini riot that came to an end when a store owner opened fire. Nobody hurt too bad and riot over in less than 5 inutes

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AzazeI

Make no mistake what the rioters are doing is completely wrong. But it is inherently the police's fault because they just sat back and watched the fireworks.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
All those charged with rioting, should simply be made to keep cleaning up the riot areas and fixing the damage, UNTIL THE RIOTS STOP as their punishment.

No going home until its cleaned up and fixed.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Oh yeah, try to extinguish the fire by pouring gasoline over it

Just imagine what would happen in such a situation if they took to water cannons and such. It would only fuel the anger these kids feel for their freinds being killed or beaten by the cops. The ONLY way out from this short of total martial law is a real change of policy, show the kids that even the police will be held responsible when they abuse their authority.

How hard would it be to equip every police with a small camera in the uniform/swat gear and always release the video after an incident like this? There would be no questions about who shot first or was it deemed absolutely necessary to use deadly force in self defence?

But this won't happen, as it would expose the corruption.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzazeI
I support the riots and looting, and attempted murder of corrupt human killing cops.

cheers!!! to all my peeps in london may the entire world burn down so we can rebuild it

Really, you support the destruction of London, you support criminal gangs, who's only interest is to get their hands on trainers and mobile phones?

Think again , because the real peeps in London are the ones now scared to leave their homes, who have had their business's and homes destroyed and their communities ram sacked.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Very well put, i can see nothing good coming of this. There are sheeple calling for more control by the police and armed forces, they just cant see what is coming, i am surprised at how quickly these looting sprees have spread, i was thinking that perhaps these groups had been infiltrated, the only thing that puts me off that idea is how well they seem to be organised, government here could not organise a piss up in a brewery.

I just hope the looting stops and the rioters expose the real reasons behind the riots. All these idiots calling for more powers and curfews etc, are so brainwashed, that they will gladly give away what little freedom we have left when the media spins it that way.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by varikonniemi

I find it funny how just after the phone hacking scandal which showed that the police have had many shady dealings to allow phone hacking, these riots were allowed to continue so that the image of the police is restored to its former glory in the eyes of the brainwashed public.

Pathetic.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I think the way police now control these demonstrations within communities is based on the 'Big Idea' that the conservatives have been implementing.

On paper it sounds all flowery and lovely, that we all chip in in society and everybody benefits, but the under lying ideology of it is that communites and the people within them take more responsibility for their own area and people, rather than relying on the police state to sort it out.

So these people who are destroying their own communities will see that the only thing they have achieved is to create a disgust by the local community, who will either deal with it themselves, or grass them up to the authorities who will only deal them by the book in the court of law.

I think we will see a lot more of this happening, and as a result communities like Hackney etc will only eventually become safe havens once what they demanded for in terms, of more serveillance, more tightly controlled populations in the form of ID cards, and a greater attitude towards grassing on your neighbour comes in.

Conservatives wont a smaller state, with the community taking more responsibility for their own.

We see how it pans out

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I support the riots and looting, and attempted murder of corrupt human killing cops.

cheers!!! to all my peeps in london may the entire world burn down so we can rebuild it

go away...... what idiot supports fearmongering ... theft .... arson ...pffftttt
and if the rumours correct that the lad who got shot was armed ready to shoot another being ... then i call it karma m8

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
If anything they should destroy everything that belongs to the elite and bankers

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ladykay

only fear mongering I see is from the government

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

reply to post by ladykay

only fear mongering I see is from the government

explain your statement plz ... did the government send these yobs on the streets then

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AzazeI

Now that the riots were allowed to spiral out of control, it would only make the Government's fear mongering take on these riots acceptable by the public.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AzazeI

This is the toruble though isnt it.

These people havent then brain power to understand that putting a brick through the corner shop isnt going to make a difference to anybody in power.

The IRA tried it, and nearly got away with it, but even they failed.

I also understand that enough is enough, and when your at the bottom end of society, with no hope for the future, no prospects and a damn hard life, then any sort of release is good. But it wont get anything changed, all it creates is a state that wants to create more control, so that people are easily identified when causing these riots next time.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ladykay

They sure caused it, do you honestly believe everything going on is because of the murder of that man? Ha everyone is sick of the bull# and are starting to stand up and take back whats rightfully theirs from all the years of abuse and theft from their own government.
Sorry to break to you hun thats if you're a chick, but this is only the beginning revolution is here to stay until one of us wins, US OR THE COMING NEW WORLD ORDER pick a side

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Think about it, how exactly can the police stop hundreds of people looting shops?
I don't think they were saying enjoy chaps or whatever you said.. They were severly outnumbered and number one is to protect innocent people, and to try and contain the looters.. And stop it spreading..

And to the moron who agrees with this behavior.. It is people like you that incite these riots in the first place.. How can you condone innocent people being burnt out of their homes, small businesses ruined, damaging their cars etc.. And all at a time when people are just about surviving in the economic climate..

You my friend need a good shake to wake up a bit and get some common sense..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AzazeI

Well I know who is going to win, if its done this way.

I'm sorry but looting trainers, throwing bricks through corner shops, and taking a plasma from Currys will just mean that people will take their businesses elsewhere, then you will live in an even less decent place than when its started, and the elite bankers of this world are currently sitting by their pools, not worrying one bit.

It wont change anything.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

reply to post by ladykay

They sure caused it, do you honestly believe everything going on is because of the murder of that man? Ha everyone is sick of the bull# and are starting to stand up and take back whats rightfully theirs from all the years of abuse and theft from their own government.
Sorry to break to you hun thats if you're a chick, but this is only the beginning revolution is here to stay until one of us wins, US OR THE COMING NEW WORLD ORDER pick a side

Do you actually realize what world you would live in should this continue to happen..

I can guarantee you would be crying and wishing things were the way they were before within a week..

No more food for you, fresh water, no Internet to spout your nonsense and hatred...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join