It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just need support right now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I guess I just got dumped? My girlfriend just left me and just few minutes ago, I saw on he facebook that she is now in a relationship with her ex boyfriend again.

I just feel like a fool, like an idiot and just stupid because I'm still thinking about her and I can't get her out of my mind, because I thought she really did love me.

This is one of the worst days of my life.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
There is no reason to feel like you're an idiot. Like you, I have dated before and had my heart broken or decided I was just done with this girl. Yes, it is understandable that this is depressing! But do not and I repeat do not take it out on yourself. Learn from this experience. The up's and down's in a relationship will help you out with your next girlfriend. Be mentally and physically fit and ready! Women love a man who is happy, out-going, social, has a sense of humor and can take on any challenge. Just be happy!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Try not to be put it on yourself, you shouldn't feel stupid, you just loved her and love can be blinding. I know it may feel like you should have known, but most don't and in any case it isn't your fault. Hope you feel better man, she obviously doesn't deserve your love.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Thanks guys, I just need to get her out of my damn mind.

She told me she loved me, yet she tosses me a side like a piece of garbage. Just to get back with her ex.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
love is only a chemical imperative for mating. it will pass

eat chocolate. drink some booze. go see the friends you let go when she took all your time.

learn not to be quite so trusting again.

(:

be grateful asking ATS for some kind words didnt turn into a trollfest.

like... gf? pics or she never existed!! she was swamp gas... chinese lanterns! disinfo agent selling cancer cures!
ad nauseum..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Be a man and your woman problems will fade away.

Take charge of your life and don't worry about the frivolous things like a woman's attention.

Keep your chin up and know, you are a man.

Everything will fall into place, ask any woman.

I'm not a woman but I'm curious as to the women's voice on this.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

muse7 i'm sorry you're hurting bro. we all go through it. it does hurt when you find out someone you thought loved you was just tossing words around.

that's why telling someone 'i love you' should be used with great care. it's wonderful to have someone that's on your side, and it sucks to find out it was a one-way street after all.

don't expect to be able to get over it 'like that'. not everyone can do that. and depending on your personal life experience, how much dating you've done, and whether or not you've been in love before, deep feelings can linger a long time.

time to re-connect with buds you've neglected. get out, have some fun. move on. get your head into another space.

a million years ago there was a popular vocal group, Franki Valli & The Four Seasons. they had a butt-load of hits in their day. if you can handle an oldie, go to youtube and check out 'Walk Like a Man'. it's about a guy who gets the dump and his dad reminds him to walk tall.

i know it's not easy for you right now. but you hang in there. "This too shall pass" is a favorite Biblical term one can apply to the bad times, the sad times. your heart may hurt for a little while, but i promise, this too shall pass.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

i op
ive been there and bought the t-shirt
believe me time is the greatest healer

hi large fries
thx for reminding me of that song walk like a man
i love it
first heard it on a great old film called the wanderers
cheers for that gona listen now

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Muse7 you are going to get through this and be better than ever.

Love will come again and will be sweeter than before.

Sorry you are going thru troubling times.

Peace be with you.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
This is one of the worst days of my life.

There will be plenty more my friend.

Women.....can't live with 'em........

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
you sound young under 25? im a female older, men seem to committe to a relationship sooner then woman, especially the younger female, and especially with all the choices out there. Advice, do not be so fast in saying I love you to her, you need to watch if she flirts, even as little as eye contact flirting, this will tell you she is not ready. Take your time dont rush into a relationship just because your hormones are teasing you. It took myself and my husband 7 years of learning each other before we got married. Advice, get to know her mother-family, she will probably have many of their mental features, you can realize alot from meeting the mother-family. You will be ok, and you will find the perfect her, just take your time and let her find you. peace

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Build a bridge and get over it dude, sorry if that sounds harsh but honestly there are no fish stocking worries in the sea of love

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If you are coming to ATS, of all places, for comfort and consolation, I really think you have a problem. You don't have real relationships here.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Sometimes you just can't beat out history...

I'm guessing your relationship wasn't that long, and you were probably a rebound from the ex (now current)?

Sucks she did it on Facebook like that...pretty cold.

However, there's a reason that sayings like "plenty of fish in the sea" endure...it's because it's true. You'll get over it (and sooner than you think).

My guess is you're pretty young. There is plenty of time to find the "ONE"...don't beat yourself up over it. She obviously isn't it. (and the next few probably won't be either)... You've got plenty I've time I'm betting.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Gee whiz!

Sounds harsh, but she obviously didn't care about you the way she said she did. You do not need someone like that in your life - I don't know her, but the fact that she not only runs into a new relationship that quickly [ex boyfriend or not], but she rushes to post it on Facebook? Good riddance.

Keep yourself busy. I know people are going to tell you to get drunk, sleep with lots of other women, all that jazz... Just keep yourself busy doing things you genuinely enjoy. Within a month I guarantee you won't be thinking about her anymore. Take up a hobby, watch good movies, get out in nature, even if you're just taking walks. Interact with people - old friends, family, and even smiling at strangers will do. Better yourself - don't waste time giving this girl another thought, because rest assured she's not thinking about you or your feelings. Learn a new skill you can put to use and feel good about.

Just do not get yourself into a rut. Don't sit at home feeling sad - it's hard, but try to not even let that negativity get into your head. You have to know you'll be fine. That's where surrounding yourself with others comes in - they'll distract you and take up time you would otherwise be wasting wondering what went wrong. It's over, time to move forward now, and you can do it. Tomorrow will be better, and everyday after that. It only gets better - you just have to try and fill up that time with things you can feel good about until one day you've literally forgotten about her and you're ready to meet someone else.

I wish you well and you've got my support, buddy.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Isn't Facebook the worst for that??!! You really find out how mature the person you are with is when you get in fights and the do/don't post something ridiculous on fb. That was really mean and cruel hearted. She'll get hers though man, karma is a bi*ch. Even if it's not karma, whatever it is, it's a bi*ch, and what goes around does come around.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

You were the rebound guy...happens to most of us sooner or later.

I know they sound like cliches, but they're only said because they are true...

Plenty of fish in the sea, there's someone for everyone, etc., etc. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Isn't Facebook the worst for that??!!

I have a friend who was pregnant, and engaged, and then found out via Facebook that her fiance' now had a new girlfriend...so, count yourself lucky...

edit on 7-11-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
My Friend
I have given this advice often on this forum, and others because it works.

Hit the gym, and work on getting properly ripped.
Eat healthy; the gym staff will happily advise you on how to do this.
Sleep well; Eight hours is ideal but never less than six.
Get fitted with some red hot new duds.
Delete your ex from your FB, and phone.
If you are in contact with any of her gf,s start unashamedly hitting on them. Not for revenge but just for fun, and practice. Make sure you do this with a could,nt give a dam attitude.
Date as many different girls as possible without trying to bed them.
If you encounter your ex just give her a cheerful greeting and go on your way.
Do not indulge yourself listening to broken heart music, and eating junky food.
Beware of taking relationship advice from girls/women because (altogether now) what they tell you they want from a guy, and what they actually want are two completely different things.
follow these steps and your mood will lift also your ex will realise they she just passed up one hell of a catch.

Best wishes

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I've had a bad week too. Sometimes we just have to feel like idiots for a bit. It's just part of the process of moving on with life. It will change. Blessings to you and hopefully wonderful things will come to you soon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join