It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots spreading to Birmingham, Leeds

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
chances of the army coming out??

I think it's such a hard call for the old police as they'll be criticized either way, to heavy or not heavy enough.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ispyed

go play on the m6

link   

Originally posted by ispyed
On the third day of riots,my true love gave to me,three Nike trainers, two gregg sandwiches and a Samsung HDTV !!

Hahaha, brilliant

link   
What rhyme do you have for four days. Me and the wife love your rhyme!

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It's just blacks/asians looking for a fight and a new phone (and a few whites) but majority are foreign, these are not English riots. Multi-cultralism at it's finest ladies and gents.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
It's just blacks/asians looking for a fight and a new phone (and a few whites) but majority are foreign, these are not English riots. Multi-cultralism at it's finest ladies and gents.

If they're born in England, they're English.

They're not "foreign"

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
MET police to release live hd footage of rioting indeviduals.

Hopefully some civil arrests will bring some of these thugs in.

stupid reason for any rioting bring them all in.

"I hate this goverment and where i live so im going to smash it up" - yeah nice and constructive idea for change.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

^And racism at its stealthiest.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Rumours on twitter suggest Manchester is next.

Rumours there are pockets of unrest in Birmingham and Manchester. It's all going off. #ukriots

Jeeez, just down the road from me.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

"I hate this goverment and where i live so im going to smash it up" - yeah nice and constructive idea for change.

We used to call it *Pissing in your own corner*.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

If they're born in England, they're English.

They're not "foreign"

I fully agree. Only after everyone is arrested and thgeir papers inspeced can we understand their personel reasons for being a part of the riots.

From the footage shown the general ethnicity of the average person is asian/eastern but eather or not they are british is not to be speculated upon till its over.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

If a cat is born in a stable that does not make it a horse, likewise if 2 indians have a kid in England it does not make the child English.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

Racism? How? Please explain how you came to that conclusion.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
the new premier league is kicking off next weekend. Everyone needs a new footie shirt.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

If a cat is born in a stable that does not make it a horse, likewise if 2 indians have a kid in England it does not make the child English.

No, if a cat is born in a stable it makes the cat a cat born in a stable.If an Indian is born in England it makes them English.

You understand there's a difference between nationality and ethnicity, don't you?

If an Indian is born in England, they're English. That's the law, that's a fact. If you don't like the concept of nationality then tough luck, kidda.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Where does it mention Bradford ? i cant see it,

Better not be, if Riots do start in Bradford they will defentially spread to Oldham ( where i'm from ) Last time we had riots here they were Race riots and pretty bad.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CydonianKnight
Where does it mention Bradford ? i cant see it,

Better not be, if Riots do start in Bradford they will defentially spread to Oldham ( where i'm from ) Last time we had riots here they were Race riots and pretty bad.

If it gets heavy in Leeds then you could probably expect it to spread to Bradford, Oldham, Burnley, Blackburn, maybe Bolton etc

link   
Im by no means a raciest but honestly look at the demograph thats making up the population of the rioters. Mostly young and black.

When the white folks protested in June over the student fees, they at least had the brains not to loot shops and stores, as this would detair from their message. These riots are not for political reasons they are mainly for luxiourious items.

Book'em all and # racial profiling, thats the main reason why the police wont get their hands dirty, they are afraid of being called raciest and getting the rest of the under privliaged black community out to join in.
edit on 8-8-2011 by michaelmcclen because: elaborated

+12 more 
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

because if white anglo saxon male says anything negative about a minority they are automatically racist. there is nothing racist about saying these are mostly blacks/asians because it is mostly them. i agree with you completely though.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

well i'm actually in saddleworth but still. i'll keep updated on here if SHTF.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join