It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackney riots begin.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Hackney riots begin.

BBC News

Home Secretary Theresa May is meeting police chiefs about rioting in London with new violence erupting in Hackney. Skirmishes broke out between police and groups of young people in the area around Mare Street. Mrs May returned early from holiday after violence broke out over the weekend following the police shooting of a man in Tottenham. More than 100 people were arrested and 35 officers were injured in two nights of rioting and looting. A peaceful protest in Tottenham on Saturday over the fatal shooting by police of Mark Duggan, 29, was followed by violence which spread into Sunday.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Trolloks because: News source

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Literally watching live footage at hackney, it looks like its just starting at the moment. I've seen pushing and shoving by both police and public, and more and more people are showing up. One man already arrested.

And now just seen a cop car get smashed. As i type.

It says i need to write more but im unable too as its literally JUST starting.

Clegg is in Tottenham, if anyone is interested, doing his little "i care deeply" routine.

uk.ibtimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Tell me, is the composition of the mobs mostly gang youths?
Are there working people to any proportions?
Is this mere hooliganism gone wild or is it a more deep seated cry of anguish voiced through this display of violence and looting.
The primary targets are the police and the stores it seems to me.
Perhaps the british police state is unravelling from the inside psychologically speaking.....
Is this the natural reaction of the people to too much structure and repression as well as disenfranchisement?
or is it more of a summer lark for the youth and a chance to grab a free ipod?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Another quick update, trollies thrown at cops, they have smashed into two places, i didnt get the name of the one but they got chairs and poles from there, to break into ladbrokes. God knows why they want to break into Ladbrokes :S but they are. Maybe they want free pens?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

They're just rioting for the hell of it. Apparently it started because someone got searched by the police.
I sware its just because they have nothing to do, most of the people seen to range between 14 and 30.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
seems to be young angry people breaking things because they are bored, making a few quid where possible with looting etc (like the genius who put his face and his loot on twitter, clearly not smart enough to be out for anything but himself)

Londoners will only take so much of this before tooling up and protenting their homes and streets.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
if (english) hooliganism is an indication of what´s to come, i fear for you lads

stay safe and don't start rioting for the hell of it, fight for a cause

else you're an idiot

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
remember folks survival 101.

When the end of the world does come, run out and grab TV's and Nikes.

Almost as awesome as running out and buying gold and silver coins.

edit on 8-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Its started as a person was stopped and searched,

Live on BBC news 24.

Rooting and riot police now Closing of Hackney.

Important thing, added her but op should be on one of the many current threads.

(live on bbc news 24 helicopter 17.06 have stopped a truck are emptying it and throwing it at the police, buses being stopped in central london by rioters and looters.)

Kind Regards

Elf

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Was just about to post about the truck, seems suspicious. The reporter who is on the scene seems to be in distress at the moment, a mentioned of some people being attacked? A bus i think, a pedestrian bus. What the hell is up with these people??

Oh yea, once again JD sports got looted and many track suits got stolen.... They're the type of people doing this.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
reply to post by stirling

They're just rioting for the hell of it. Apparently it started because someone got searched by the police.
I sware its just because they have nothing to do, most of the people seen to range between 14 and 30.

So you think the continuous failure of the British regime to keep its promises doesn't have anything to do with this? You think the waste of money in wars of aggression has nothing to do with this? Do you think the state of the economy has nothing to do with this? Do you thinking making it harder and harder for average Brits, because the rich F'ed up has nothing to do with this? Do you think the governments reduction of funds for education, and continuous spending of wealth and resources in wars of aggression has nothing to do with this?

As I said in the previous thread regarding the first thread, Brits are angry, that anger can be represented as fuel, and anything now can spark this unrest.

Maybe that is why the British government banned the court take over video, because they knew it would wake people up, people would realize that there is more of them, united we stand, divided we fall. The court stand off video showed the power of the masses, as a massive group of people stormed the court to stop and put the judge under citizens arrest. This showed the power of the people.

Europe needs a revolution, people have been calling for real Democracy for some time now, the current Democracy is equivalent to representative dictatorship. You merely vote for your own dictator, the result can be as bad as Hitler, and as good as Helen Clark. What better place for the domino effect to begin, than Britain. Let it fall Westwards, so that Ireland and Scotland goes, then let it have a U turn and go East Wards.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

If there wasn't so much looting, then yes i would agree with your points, but its blatantly obvious that they are not rioting for these reasons, its the same group of people, that go from place to place to riot and loot, and then when everything is burned and stolen, they go somewhere else.

If it was for those reasons that you pointed out, it would be a violent protest that grows into a riot, with people from different groups and off all ages. This is typically just to get free tracksuits.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I dont think its as complicated as that, the people out riotting might have a greivence of some sort but they are only out to loot and smash up some public stuff and injure the police.

Tonights riots are just a copy cat from yesterday who those that didnt get a chance to give the county they live in the middile finger for some quick cash. Belive me the general london population (the other 99.9% that live there that stay inside) do not want theyr city messed up.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Already throwing bottles and stuff

Haven't even had my dinner yet

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

They are just rioting so they can nick some new trainers and get a new mobile phone. It'll all calm down when the cooler evenings arrive in September.

The country could do with a "Spring Uprising" but not like this.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
What's with all those busses lined up?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Did anyone else last night clock-on to Sky News branding the rioters and looters "anarchists". I wasn't about on the forum but spit my drink out while watching the TV.

Seems anyone who causes trouble is an anarchist according to the media.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

If there wasn't so much looting, then yes i would agree with your points, but its blatantly obvious that they are not rioting for these reasons, its the same group of people, that go from place to place to riot and loot, and then when everything is burned and stolen, they go somewhere else.

If it was for those reasons that you pointed out, it would be a violent protest that grows into a riot, with people from different groups and off all ages. This is typically just to get free tracksuits.

You believe what ever you want, I believe there is anger, incredible anger which is fueling this fire, and the spark was the police killing of a black man. As I said before, expect many more of this, looting might be the bounty of war, but that doesn't mean you went to war solely for the bounty. Get it? Now the government has to work very carefully because it has poured fuel over itself, any spark, it could kill itself and burn the whole of England.

"Blame the government, not the people who actually have the guts to go out and try to make the nation aware, that the government is not in control, the people are. Wake up, don't fear your government, don't fear police, they both are meant to serve you, so why don't you get out and demand your rights and freedom, demand to have your money back, if they don't follow your legitimate demands, burn the whole house down and build it back up from scratch using the ashes of banksters and the elite dictators with their puppet government".

WOW, that was full of rage
Just trying to give you an example of how they might be feeling.
edit on 8-8-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

They got stuck in it all, apparently its very close to the bus station. They're smashing them up now. Don't know why, its only themselves that they're ruining. They can't afford to replace all those bus's, and these businesses cant afford to get themselves back on their feet after all this. They're ruining there own local economy, running their community down. Pure stupidity.

They will be the ones moaning in a few months time that there aint not shops and unemployment has rose due to all these businesses going down.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

reply to post by NadaCambia

They got stuck in it all, apparently its very close to the bus station. They're smashing them up now. Don't know why, its only themselves that they're ruining. They can't afford to replace all those bus's, and these businesses cant afford to get themselves back on their feet after all this. They're ruining there own local economy, running their community down. Pure stupidity.

They will be the ones moaning in a few months time that there aint not shops and unemployment has rose due to all these businesses going down.

some probably even got a bus to the riots.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join