It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thugs shoot up bus with A.K. 47

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
You really think that if everyone was armed that shooting instances will go down?

That's just ridiculous given the amount of stupid people in the country. The jails are filled with simple assault cases that would have had far worse consequences had all these people been carrying guns.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I think you guys in the states need your soldiers to come home ,the enemy seems to be there!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Yes, the jails would be more empty, the low part of society will eventually be killed off and the family orientated people and people part of functioning society can get on with their lives.

No, shooting incidences won't go down, but I assure you, rape attempts, gang bashings, daylight robberies and the like probably would!!!
edit on 7-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I guess we'll never know if anyone on that bus was armed and exercised restraint, will we?

Perhaps that little old lady was armed, and decided to take cover, rather than shooting up a bunch of little kids, as you imply.

link   
I feel for that little boy. Being raised by people like that will only result in crime and violence. I don't believe in eugenics and sterilization but I'm starting to reconsider.

link   

Originally posted by kro32
And just think about the people that want all types of guns legal and to be legally carried around like the old west. Under their reasoning the people could have fought back, which they would have, and you would have ended up with quite a few dead people on that bus instead of what happened.

Yep let's push for that.

Actually what you say is not thought out... nothing new though.

IF the people were armed, then none of those thugs would have even attempted what they did in the first place..

What do you think would have happened if this bus was full of armed off duty police officers? They would have shot every one of the thugs, and rightly so, and you would be screaming your support for them in a thread here.

. But if it is a bus full of armed law abiding citizens, then somehow if they protected themselves, it would be unjustified in your view, and also deserving of rescinding their right to bear firearms... How sad for you (and the rest of us) to see you so brainwashed..

And for your further posts it is the same thing... If the good folk are armed, then thugs wouldn't be attacking people in the first place.. Who would want to be a thug when all your marks are well armed? :duh
edit on 7-8-2011 by alienreality because: eta

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I certainly agree it would be great if every American had a Marine for a neighbor!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by kro32

Yes, the jails would be more empty, the low part of society will eventually be killed off and the family orientated people and people part of functioning society can get on with their lives.

No, shooting incidences won't go down, but I assure you, rape attempts, gang bashings, daylight robberies and the like probably would!!!

Yes let's look at the country's that allow guns everywhere and how many rapes or murders they have. Now compare that to country's that have stricter rules.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
delete..
edit on 7-8-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

link   
Just wondering if this is reason enough to stop fighting concealed carry laws. Guarantee you the AK and the sidearms used had their serials scratched off.

link   

And just think about the people that want all types of guns legal and to be legally carried around like the old west. Under their reasoning the people could have fought back, which they would have, and you would have ended up with quite a few dead people on that bus instead of what happened.

Yep let's push for that.

Gun control only hurts the law abiding citizens. How much do you wanna bet that AK47 isn't registered to that thug?

link   
nvm

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I never said it would be unjustified I simply said it would have ended with alot of deaths with probably children among them. The way it worked out is everyone on the bus lived and these thugs will more than likely be caught soon.

I fail to see how your method would have produced better results.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17

Yep let's push for that.

Gun control only hurts the law abiding citizens. How much do you wanna bet that AK47 isn't registered to that thug?

It seems gun control actually helped these citizens in this case so you would be wrong.

sorry

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17

Yep let's push for that.

It seems gun control actually helped these citizens in this case so you would be wrong.

sorry

What are you talking about? What gun control helped them?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

As horrible as this will sound,
how could that little child grow up to be anything but a thug?

His mom, dad, uncles, etc. have pretty much decided his future.

I know there are exceptions, but will he be lucky enough to be that exception?

P.S. Funniest Signature Ever!
Weiner Holder 2012

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

reply to post by alienreality

I never said it would be unjustified I simply said it would have ended with alot of deaths with probably children among them. The way it worked out is everyone on the bus lived and these thugs will more than likely be caught soon.

I fail to see how your method would have produced better results.

Maybe once or twice, if that is what it took so that all the thugs learned that everyone will be armed...

My argument is that the assault would never even happen in the first place if that was the case.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I think that if the bus driver hadn't known to get out of the situation and those guys got on the bus there would have been a lot of dead people.

This is a unique instance in which no one gets hit.
Look at mumbai, how may were killed?
Look at Norway. 90 Dead, 2 hours. That would not have lasted if people had been able to fight back. You are failing to see the circumstances as unique.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

You didn't read the whole thread did you

If the people would have been armed they would have shot back thereby causing a firefight in the middle of the street with the odds going to the guys with the AK's. There were children on that bus who would have been caught in the crossfire.

No guns on the bus the thugs shot, it appeared they were looking for someone, and just bailed. They obviously weren't there to slaughter everyone. Had people shot back they would have also more than likely.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Actually, they were lucky they were young and wreckless. Nothing more, nothing less. If they had real bad intentions it would have ended far worse. We can only hope that if they decided to step onto the bus that someone actually did have a firearm.

They were intending to instil fear, maybe kill the guy intended but showed little care for accuracy and collateral damage.

This is an argument you wont win because that access to weaponry they have.

You can't disarm criminals. Especially when you cant even guarantee they aren't being supplied by your own government.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join