It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I a Winner ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Wow just had this prize window open in the middle of a post !
It says im a Winner of an I phone from ATS
I clicked the X asnd it opened instead of going away
They want personal info..phone # .. email..
Only way I could clear it was alt control delete

What is this ??? Have i cought something ???

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

edit on 7-8-2011 by neonitus because: i cant read

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

Adware, probably not related t the site as they are pretty good abut the ads here. I would run a malware program, antimalware that is, such as malwarebytes.

As for it opening by itself, you may have accidentaly missed the 'x'

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
yeah thats adware or some crap. Get adblock for your browser and you will never see that garbage again.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
You have some adware embedded into your system. Install spybot and use a da** virus scanning program. Scan your drive.. I hate windows.. I don't mean to come across angry.. I would suggest installing linux. Everyone has something bad to say about linux. If you like to game or run your windows programs under linux *totally off topic* install playonlinux and wine. Seriously It happens to the best of us using windows. Scan your harddrive with spybot and get a virus scanner.
edit on 8/7/2011 by madmangunradio because: deleted an a

edit on 8/7/2011 by madmangunradio because: added scanning

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
All popups and banners claiming that you have won are scams. Same with e-mails it´s wery common that hackers use names of popular sites and companies.

Just remember this one rule.

If you didn´t enter a contest then you did not win one.

Also clicking ALT+F4 on Pc is the best way to close popups, makes sure you don´t accidentily click something you should not click. Also if it´s a good popup that goes straight into the background you can press ALT+TAB to select it without clicking on it.

And if you are not sure where to download those virus programs you should try Download.com Always the newest versions of all programs and there is information about each program plus commentery and rating so you can see what you are about to download before you do.

edit on 7-8-2011 by Spacedman13 because: More info

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacedman13

Absolutely true.
Second line... - Don't run your windows system without protection. Your going to get a virus
edit on 8/7/2011 by madmangunradio because: replaced disease with virus or malware

edit on 8/7/2011 by madmangunradio because: google malware

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yes you are........ er

Oh sorry I thought you ask if you were a wiener.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
AVG found it but could not get rid of it..

Called FREEzeFROG..advertizing bundler

Downloades Rkill by Grindler which shut down its run prosess and then it could be eliminated by AVG

And I guess that makes me THE WINNER

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
good you found rkill (also malwarebytes is worth having).
in my experience AVG is pretty useless, out of the free antivirus's, ive found antivira to be the best.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Good job. As for those things that pop up, there is no "x" button. The whole thing is a link to some web site.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yeah AVG isnt the best, but I guess it's what you get for free these days..If you don't want to spend the money just download a 30 day free trial of a good antivirus, and when thats up, download another one, and so on ..

Once you've finally run out of good anti virus free trials, just hop on another network and get a new ip and continue. lol I haven't paid for antivirus in years..

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

Hi Granpabobby,

Wanted to recommend you to use the Spybot Search and Destroy program , also a program by the name LavaSoft Ad-Aware. I use both - sometimes one program will catch something when the other one won't. I update and scan the system every couple wks. That my advice./2c's.'

Glad ya were the ''winner'' afterall!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This Freezefrog was actually a program loaded into my computer when I watched a movie on line
I could not uninstall it due to the fact that it ran constantly
Rkill by Grindler ..shut down the run process allowing me to uninstall it.

new topics

top topics

join