It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine a world without weapons....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Oh ok, thanks for the clarification.

I'm not of that belief, so it wasn't the first thing to pop into my head. So basically, only a certain group of people look at it in that manner..

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Everything and anything is a weapon.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
It will happen in the future, when God Himself rules here physically

Micah 4:3

He will judge between many peoples and will settle disputes for strong nations far and wide. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
sigh,

this is so weak.

"imagine there's no heaven"

wtf dude.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

At first there was no weapon..nothing

and then one day, people started creating one!!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Without weapons there would be warfare still im afraid to say, Humans can kil with their hands and without weapons we would just become insanely proficient in this manor of combat. The ancients often killed each other with bare hands when their primitive weapons failed them as soldiers have been taught to do for thousands of years. It would just make warfae much less sophisticated and shambolic, probably the dominant countries would be the ones with the highest number of men to station about captured territories, im sure we would supplument weapons for just massive manpower.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

In a world without weapons I would be forced to kill my neighbor with my bare hands.....too messy. Utopia can wait I guess.....lol.

Oh, how will I cook or cut my steak in a world without weapons? You get my point I'm sure.....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

you have teeth to eat raw flesh dont you?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I have to say that the weapons are not the issue, the mentality is. You present an interesting thought and I'm a little confused how your friend could be "threatened" by an individual so distressed and depressed that she would contemplate taking her own life, but that's besides the point.

The reason why weapons are not the issue is because weapons (defense mechanisms) are naturally occurring and come about biologically through evolution. You ran through a list of alternative revisions of historical events (some recent) whereby the true opponents use fists, rocks and spit to "do battle". The problem with your scenario is that fists and rocks still are weapons. You can still kill someone with your bare hands.

If we imagine a world without weapons, we are imagining a world where organisms do not evolve in tandem - fighting off predators and attacking prey, repelling nuisances, and, of course, defending against rivals for mating or territory.

Life is chaotic. I acknowledge that clubs, flints, sticks and rocks were all part of our early evolutionary arsenal. Perhaps the gun and the bomb were natural outcomes of our progression through the various technological stages of our species, beginning when biology was surpassed by culture.

However, I don't condone our modern achievements, because no other animal on the planet can harm or kill it's prey, potential predator or territorial rival displaced in time and space like we can (drones, nuclear weapons, land mines, etc.). While a rock or spear or arrow can all be thrown lengthy distances to kill or maim a would-be target, they all depend on our own mechanical strength. Nukes and bullets are metaphorical extensions of our strength, but not linked to them whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
No weapons is a far fetch. People would resort to rocks and sticks. And as far as obama throwing rocks at pakistani villages....his friends would just walk out and tell him to stop and come inside for dinner.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join