It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of Information and Roswell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The issue of the Roswell Crash has been hotly debated on this website and across the world.

But the Freedom of Information Act states that all classified documents will become available after 50 years. Theoretically, we have the right to access those documents.

2004 - 1947 = 57

Hey, wait a minute here!

Now, I'm not a wilfully ignorant person. I know the Government can choose what it wants to reveal to us and when, no matter what the people demand of it. But has anything been done concerning this? Does anyone have anything they need to say?

I'm not too knowledgable about this whole Roswell fracas, so I apologize if I am beating a dead horse here.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Since you have no real way to prove the existance of a classified document they can just as easily say the document doesn't exist and the result is you get nothing.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Sort of makes you feel like a little child when they don't get their way, huh?

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
And the thing is when they let go of a document half of it is edited....(project Blue Book)....Very annoying when you cant read what the presidents say!

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
They were actually called on this a few years ago, and the documents were all of a sudden, "missing"
That, and the 50 year anniversary, are likely what prompted the USAF to come out with their laughable "Roswell: Case Closed" attempt, hehe....

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
And do remember folks, the FIA was gutted by executive orders signed by both Pres. Reagan and then again by Pres. Clinton so that any document deemed sensitive to national interest would not fall under the FIA, ever.

[edit on 17-8-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Even if you could get hold of the documents they would be nothing but endless lines of black streaks where the words used to be. I personally searched through literally thousands of Declassified documents at a certain Presidential Library surrounding Majestic-12 and other UFO related files, and many of them had all the important information blacked out.

Sure the govt. may release the documents, but that doesn't mean they cant alter them before they give them to you!

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Even if you could get hold of the documents they would be nothing but endless lines of black streaks where the words used to be. I personally searched through literally thousands of Declassified documents at a certain Presidential Library surrounding Majestic-12 and other UFO related files, and many of them had all the important information blacked out.

Yeah, always thought that was funny, here have a declassified document that is completely blacked out. So much for freedom of information.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Your right Der Kapitan...the Freedom of Information Act is just a disguise to make us think we can have any and all information. The sad fact is that they say "sure you can, here is the document" and they proceed to hand you pages and pages of blacked out photocopies.

The Freedom of Information Act is worthless as far as I'm concerned. Just a way to sort of "please" the population without letting us know the truth!

[edit on 17-8-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Even a blacked out document proves something though...that the record exists...

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Even a blacked out document proves something though...that the record exists...

Yes, absotutely. That's the thing that frustrates me. I wanna' know what the blacked out part says! Waaaaa!

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I still want to see actual pictures of the actual "toy" scotch tape from that era, supposedly used in the Mogul balloon projects.

It supposedly has purple'ish drawings on them, which Marcel interpreted as hieroglyphics.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The purple flowers on the tape in question could not be mistaken for heiroglyphics, even to Marcel (I assume you're speaking of his son, who was a kid at the time).... Marcel, Sr. backs up the heiroglyphics on the I beams...

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So the son keeps repeating his dad showed him the beam with these markings.

I want to see what this tape looks like.

Was it manufactured in New Jersey ?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So the documents regarding the roswell incident are 'blacked out' as you say, then surely they are prohibiting us from information we should be rightly entitled to? and so therefore are breaking the mutual agreement that was made, for us having information?!

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Your right but whats to say that they didnt spill some coffee on the only record they had of it

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thao
So the documents regarding the roswell incident are 'blacked out' as you say, then surely they are prohibiting us from information we should be rightly entitled to? and so therefore are breaking the mutual agreement that was made, for us having information?!

There was no mutual agreement. Even if there was, it is neither sacred nor binding.

It was actually passed in 1966 and amended in 1974. It was argued by a couple of righteous dudes with a serious agenda for the truth. I believe the ACLU helped win the battle.

Seems nothing is sacred anymore, not even dinnertime.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Most of the documents sought come back listed as "Missing"...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Is a "declassified document" that is blacked out really "declassified?" So, then how would that fall under FIA? Why bother?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
Is a "declassified document" that is blacked out really "declassified?" So, then how would that fall under FIA? Why bother?

Exactly..I saw Stanton Friedman on a Television show where he said after a lengthy court battle he obtained docs through FOIA that the CIA and NSA were holding,and it was hilarious,there was only like 6-7 words on each page that weren't blacked out.The entire page was nothing but Magic Marker,lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join