It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Really In The Food? The A to Z of the Food Industry's Most Evil Ingredients

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Universer

Hum... enzyme does not come from food. Your body create them...

Im not missing any point. I refuted this statement ''Sugar is damaging to the body when separated from the natural state'' with facts.

You can satisfy your energy requirement but only eating white sugar, taking the 8 essential amino acids (lysine, Isoleucine, leucine, methionine, threonine, tryptophan, phenylalanine, and valine) and taking raw Dietary mineral.
All separated from their natural state. Your body break down everything to the molecular level.

And I agree with you, a good nutrition is a balanced nutrition. Most people dont balance it
edit on 29-7-2011 by Jigore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Universer
You think people have been eating mass-produced eggs (that are kept in warehouses sometimes for years), bacon containing carcinogenic nitrates, and commercial white bread containing all manner of toxic ingredients "since forever"? I'm sorry but I'm having a hard time taking your arguments seriously.

The article starts off with:

Acrylamides - Toxic, cancer-causing chemicals formed in foods when carbohydrates are exposed to high heat (baking, frying, grilling). They're present in everything from bread crusts to snack chips, and because they aren't intentional ingredients, acrylamides do NOT have to be listed on labels.

People have been cooking/browning food since forever.

All cured meat has nitrates. People have been curing meats with saltpeter since forever.

Mass produced eggs kept for years. Proof please.

Toxic ingredients in bread. Which ones and are they really that toxic.

Here's something toxic. Nicotine is more toxic than arsenic but is found naturally in the vegetables of the night shade family which includes potatos, eggplants, tomatoes and peppers.

edit on 29-7-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jigore
You can satisfy your energy requirement but only eating white sugar, taking the 8 essential amino acids (lysine, Isoleucine, leucine, methionine, threonine, tryptophan, phenylalanine, and valine) and taking raw Dietary mineral.

That is absolutely insane. I would challenge you to even find a doctor, who mostly know very little about nutrition, to agree with you there. I wouldn't even suggest someone try that diet as a joke.

That "diet" would make you very sick within a matter of hours, and would probably even kill you after an extended period.
edit on 7/29/2011 by Universer because: danger

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Why do you keep saying "since forever" as if that has some kind of meaning? Surely you can't prove that since the beginning of human existence, people have been eating cooked bacon. That is too absurd to even argue about.
edit on 7/29/2011 by Universer because: typo

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The fact is: Everything can be toxic at certains amount. There is arsenic in tap water and in bottled water. But the concentration is smaller than 0.001mg/L, far from it's toxic concentration.

For a rat, you require 45 mg/kg of acrylamide before it even begins to be toxic.
If you weight 75kg, you have to ingest 3.375 gram of it and you are still in good health.

In biscuit, the food with the highest average acrylamide concentration, you find 120ppb (part by billion) or 0.120 mg/kg. To become ill with this, a man who weight 75kg (around 180 pound) have to eat 2109 cookies

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

That is absolutely insane. I would challenge you to even find a doctor, who mostly know very little about nutrition, to agree with you there. I wouldn't even suggest someone try that diet as a joke.

I got a master in biochemistry and in microbiology. I know my s**t when it come to nutrition and biology. Nutritionist are undergratuated biochemist

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Universer

Since forever means a long long time although maybe not from the very beggining. It means that this little fad of making things that have been done for a long time seem bad is ignorant when you take into account that people have been eating this way for centuries and even millennia without it causing any dramatic change on the average life span of humans.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jigore

Nobody is saying eating a biscuit will cause you to keel over dead immediately. (Although I'm not saying that could never happen.)

But a diet consisting mostly (or solely) of foods that are completely adulterated like that will have some very negative consequences.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I got a master in biochemistry and in microbiology. I know my s**t when it come to nutrition and biology. Nutritionist are undergratuated biochemist

I hope for your sake you never try this diet of yours, and I hope your conscience will cause you never to go around recommending it to anyone.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Jigore

Nobody is saying eating a biscuit will cause you to keel over dead immediately. (Although I'm not saying that could never happen.)

But a diet consisting mostly (or solely) of foods that are completely adulterated like that will have some very negative consequences.

You are right, people need to have a balanced food intake. You cant only eat adultarated food. By definition, an adulterant is something that should not be inside another product. This is a broad term that can be bent to accomodate a school of tought or another. Some people will call hot pepper adulerant because they dont like it in their salsa while others like it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I hope for your sake you never try this diet of yours, and I hope your conscience will cause you never to go around recommending it to anyone.

I will never try it or recommend it because, well, it's a really sad diet!

What you need to understand is that you body will reduce any food you ingest into these basic molecules. In a way, everyone on earth follow this diet

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The fact is: Everything can be toxic at certains amount.

Right so just saying look this contains this or that toxin doesn't really mean it's dangerous. So yes there is nicotine in tomatoes and peppers but "you can have my salsa when you pry it from my cold dead hand". You can have the eggplant though.

Remember watching a program where a doctor did in fact place someone on a water and vitamin/mineral diet because the guy was morbidly obese but it was around the turn of the last century, IIRC.

edit on 29-7-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Vitamins, minerals and water is not a good diet. It lacks energy intake, amino acids and, more importantly, taste!
Those kind of diet, the one I stated earlier included, lacks volume. One cannot start eating pills and begone with it. Your stomac does not calculate energy consumption, only volume of food in it. This poor fellow probably died when it's stomach start dissolving itself and gastric acids started raining down the holes.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by matito

Click here to get a better idea of how much animal poop, bugs, and filth the FDA says is acceptable. Besides the yellow cheese being MSG and such, here's a gideline on your Mac n Cheese off the shelf (from the link above)

MACARONI AND NOODLE PRODUCTS Insect filth
(AOAC 969.41) Average of 225 insect fragments or more per 225 grams in 6 or more subsamples
Rodent filth
(AOAC 969.41) Average of 4.5 rodent hairs or more per 225 grams in 6 or more subsamples

DEFECT SOURCE: Insect fragments - preharvest and/or post harvest and/or processing infestation. Rodent hair - post harvest and/or processing contamination with animal hair or excreta
SIGNIFICANCE: Aesthetic

But they only seem to be concerned with the aesthetic side of it, and not the bacteria/microbes in it.

Besides that, I'm a label reader. In most products I can find it full of preservatives and chemicals, and could contain up to 30% MSG. I've steered my family members away from ANY arificial sweetener, soda, or HFCS. I had read reports that MSG and HFCS basically shut down the hormone that tells you when you're full, hence the obesity. But MSG is a 'taste addictant' just like the effect of nicotine in cigarettes.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jigore

I wish I had a link. The diet was successful. Maybe there was more to it than just water, vitamins and minerals but it was something along those lines. Of course it would never be used in this day and age.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

You are right, MSG inhibit the hypothalamus endocrine pathway, well in rats, but im not sure if you can extrapolate this to humans.

Leptin is an hormone created in the hypothalamus, it inhibit appetite. MSG inhibit the production of this hormone, wich make you eat more since it's not there to make you stop eating.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Its so hard to find food that is good and good for you.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Its so hard to find food that is good and good for you.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You are right, MSG inhibit the hypothalamus endocrine pathway, well in rats, but im not sure if you can extrapolate this to humans.

Leptin is an hormone created in the hypothalamus, it inhibit appetite. MSG inhibit the production of this hormone, wich make you eat more since it's not there to make you stop eating.

That's what it is! lol. I forgot the particulars, but astonishingly enough they explained during a segment of 'How it's Made' during a HFCS episode. It may have been observed in rats, but I see it all over the place here. Obesity is rampant, and I see many of them witha BK or McD's cup in their hands. I'm still surprised to see Accent on the shelves as the only ingredient is monosodium glutamate. If the MSG negates the leptin, that would explain how a person can eat a large pizza in one visit to pizza hut

I had also read reports about how aspartame had caused brain lesions in rats and monkeys. And a test in Poland or Czech Republic, all 5 monkeys died from aspartame testing, but the results were covered up. But then again, Donald Rumsfeld was the CEO of Serle and had buddies in the FDA when that happened. I call it Rumsfeld Disease

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I tried to find some studies about aspartame toxicity in humans. I did'nt find one who explicitly stated that it is bad for humans.
This study abstract say it will not create brains tumors in childrens

while this abstract say that one of it's prime metabollite is methanol. Methanol is metabolized in formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is "known to be a human carcinogen".

So you take aspartame, your body transform it into methanol, Methanol is transformed into formaldehyde. Formaldehyde cause cancer.

Plus aspartame taste bad IMO

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join