It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck likens murdered kids to 'Hitler Youth'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The rabid right in the USA have cast a shadow on this whole tragic episode. I cannot believe the utter insensitivity, the sheer idiocy and ignorance of Glenn Beck who earlier today likened the kids who were killed on the island in Norway to 'Hitler Youth'.

"There was a shooting at a political camp, which sounds a little like, you know, the Hitler Youth. I mean, who does a camp for kids that's all about politics? Disturbing."

gawker.com... re-like-the-hitler-youth

Has the man no sensitivity? No compassion? Has he any understanding that not only was this one of the modern world's greatest tragedies - but another of those tragedies is that young people have been apathetic towards politics for decades? In Europe it is great to see that teenagers are motivated to once more embrace political ideology and seek answers for themselves.

Glenn Beck should be certified insane. He's an embarresment and disgraceful human being.

Oz

edit on 25-7-2011 by Ozscot because: grammar

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozscot

I think this quote from the replies on that site sums it up pretty well, "Your problem is you're tying to make sense of sh*t Glenn Beck says. " Glenn Beck is out of the main stream now, lets leave a sleeping dog lie.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozscot

It's not only in the US. the rabid right abroad is also doing this. no empathy and possibly some culpability...trying to keep people from empathizing with the victims while condemning some of their supposed politics. Makes you wonder.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well, I'll agree on one point in that it's pretty screwed up for a political party to setup an indoctrination camp for youth. Kids have a hard enough time growing up without being brainwashed, especially by liberals. What's wrong with hiking, swimming, canoeing, dancing and making crafts like a normal summer camp.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Well your obviously taking this way out of context as most Glenn Beck haters do. He was simply comparing a camp based on politics to what the Hitler Youth went through and is in no way diminishing the tragic events of what happened.

His problem is with the camp itself but of course people like you will twist it into whatever you want.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Louis Black was right.

Glenn Beck has full blown Nazi Tourettes. He uses more Nazi props than the History Channel.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

Let me add to that...kids have a hard enough time growing up without being brainwashed by EITHER liberals or conservatives. It works both ways. I despise when adults 'push' their political game on children. Makes me SICK. (and I see it firsthand).

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well they were holding up a boycott Israel banner and that's enough for Glenn. Please remember the poor guy has Nazi tourettes.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

yeah and look where thats got us........ no body gives a @%$^& about the worlds problems or cares what is happening and think politics is boring and vote based on who they think looks nicer rather than their policies.

i hear people moan because the population are uneducated and unaware, now it is a problem because some young people are educated and aware.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozscot

An inane comment..

Im more concerned with how Glenn Beck has spinned the beliefs of the shooter and avoided that he had beliefs in common with the right wing here.

Of course, I am not implying any causation. I do however readily observe how he tries to push this man off as if this were a government issue when it's clear Anders ideologies pertain to Social issues and beliefs that have some common factors with the right wing of people here in America.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
LOL.

2 years ago he said AL Gore was bringing us the Hitler youth.

I'll bet Beck has a secret Nazi shrine in his basement.

Another LOL.

edit on 25-7-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozscot

Screw the "right" and the "left" it's all just more cards played by TPTB to make YOU and ME unfriendly to one another!!!

GET OFF THE LABELS!!!!
edit on 25-7-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Ozscot

Screw the "right" and the "left" it's all just more cards played by TPTB to make YOU and ME unfriendly to one another!!!

GET OFF THE LABELS!!!!
edit on 25-7-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

Maybe that's an American 'ethnocentric' view - it does not apply to Europe however where we are brave enough to actually go out and vote to make a difference and are not afraid of taking to the streets when we want change. Those PTB have nothing to do with what happened in Norway and quite frankly whilst it is right and proper to scrutinise events like this for a conspiratorial hand at play - there is NOTHING in this which suggests such was at work.

There are some well reasoned and thoughtful responses in this thread - there are some who quite clearly think our teenagers should be left with their X-boxes and detached from politics like most of the dumbed down masses. I find it incredible that there are some here who would call this camp 'indoctrination' - these kids are old enough to drive, to work, to get married, to pay taxes but most importantly TO THINK FOR THEMSELVES - but there are those who would argue that they should not be politically aware? Well I'll be damned - just how ludicrous and downright ignorant can some folks be?

Oz
edit on 25-7-2011 by Ozscot because: grammar

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
i hear people moan because the population are uneducated and unaware, now it is a problem because some young people are educated and aware.

There is a large gap between a balanced education and indoctrination. A gap as wide as the Atlantic ocean.

I am all for people being politically educated. But when you are taken to a place to have one world view pounded into you, that is indoctrination/brain washing. That is exactly what the aforementioned camp did.

So, if the shoe fits, wear it.

That is why a lot of political people can’t comprehend why the “common folk” get mad at what they do. Their mind is so locked into one world view that they couldn’t comprehend the way the “common folk” think of the situation to save their life.

I have to deal with a few people around here that are like that in regard to day to day life. They have been thoroughly brain washed by the “school system”. They can’t figure out simple problems even though I tell them how to fix it time and time again. They can’t figure things out on their own because they have common sense educated out of them, and replaced with a static world view that doesn’t allow for self reliance and self determination. When left to themselves, they are totally helpless in regards to the simplest day to day problems. Their thought is trapped inside a little self imposed box inside their head.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

Originally posted by lifeform11

There is a large gap between a balanced education and indoctrination. A gap as wide as the Atlantic ocean.

I am all for people being politically educated. But when you are taken to a place to have one world view pounded into you, that is indoctrination/brain washing. That is exactly what the aforementioned camp did.

So, if the shoe fits, wear it.

That is why a lot of political people can’t comprehend why the “common folk” get mad at what they do. Their mind is so locked into one world view that they couldn’t comprehend the way the “common folk” think of the situation to save their life.

I have to deal with a few people around here that are like that in regard to day to day life. They have been thoroughly brain washed by the “school system”. They can’t figure out simple problems even though I tell them how to fix it time and time again. They can’t figure things out on their own because they have common sense educated out of them, and replaced with a static world view that doesn’t allow for self reliance and self determination. When left to themselves, they are totally helpless in regards to the simplest day to day problems. Their thought is trapped inside a little self imposed box inside their head.

Unfortunately that post is symptomatic of precisely what is wrong with contemporary society. I see you've taken the line that it was indeed a 'Political' camp and not a camp for the children of political people (There's a difference there as wide as the Atlantic Ocean)...but hey keep on keeping on as they say. I hope one day the truth actually catches up with and even overtakes you, you might just get to see it then.

Oz

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
Well, I'll agree on one point in that it's pretty screwed up for a political party to setup an indoctrination camp for youth. Kids have a hard enough time growing up without being brainwashed, especially by liberals. What's wrong with hiking, swimming, canoeing, dancing and making crafts like a normal summer camp.

Did you know that Glenn Becks 9-12 project hosted a political youth camp????

Tampa912.com

Kids aged 8-12 years old will have fun while learning the principles of liberty, free markets, and limited government. They will also learn the values of personal responsibility, faith, courage, hard work, reverence and thrift.

Talk about hypocrisy.

Looks like it's not just dem pesky liberals who brainwash their kids. (Give me a break!)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

No, he was taking the opportunity to attack what he perceived to be an ideological threat during a moment he should have been showing some respect not suggesting, nay..blatantly suggesting, the kids could somehow be equated with the Hitler Youth.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Firstly, let me just say that the shooting / execution od unarmed kids just seems so... Israeli in nature!

Secondly, Beck is a right wing Israel-firster. He's recently been on an Israeli tour where he even got to address and suck up to the knesset for heavens sake. He's just pandering to his masters like a good little lapdog.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ozscot
I see you've taken the line that it was indeed a 'Political' camp and not a camp for the children of political people (There's a difference there as wide as the Atlantic Ocean)..

And you have no understanding how indoctrination/brain washing works do you?

You want to use group think. You isolate people with a common view so that they reinforce their own world view. People want to fit in. So they mold their thoughts to match how they think their friends want them to think. You isolate them from outside influences that can undermine the programming process. They basically program each other. Most of them have the majority of the desired world view. But everyone will have a few doubts on this subject or that subject. When you get them working as a group and show them a complete world view, group think does it’s thing, and all of their minds fall in line.

It is to make sure all of the upcoming generation is of pure thought and loyal to the party’s world view.

You want to present to them a world of people that they can fit in with. The only thing the adults have to do is craft the activities to lend themselves to the desired world view and touch upon all the core values.

Do you really think that boycott Israel sign was a fluke?

Additional benefit. When they become friends with people at the camp, they tend to congregate with those same people outside of camp. That isolates them from outside influences that can come from having “outsider” friends. Allowing them to congregate with “outsiders” during daily life will undercut the desired world view while they are still young, during the time when their world view hasn’t hardened enough to resist easy change.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

There is a large gap between a balanced education and indoctrination

how is it indoctrination? i suppose if they were not interested but forced to listen then i would agree, how do we know they did not want to be there? how do we know it was not of interest to those taking part? regardless, we could claim anything is indoctrination.

all i know is i'd rather live in a country where the young people take an interest in their country and policies, and who give a thought to a better world for ALL and problem solving even if i disagree with some of their policies. than a dumbed down young society hooked on video games hanging around in gangs causing crime and moaning about everything and expecting their government to do everything for them without a thought or interest in playing an active role to make a difference.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join