It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OPERATION 1984 To commence in SIX days claims hacker group(s)- "anonymous"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I was going through a thread on the article about 20,000 troops, and was reminded of REX-84, aka "Exercise readiness 1984 when I stumbled on this:

anonnews.org...

It's a count down timer indicating "estimated time before launch" and has a countdown timer, currently as I type, at 6 days, 18 hours, 35 minutes, which would be 8.1.11 if my anti-math mind serves me correctly.

I've not seen this announced by any hacker groups on twitter, or by the hacker community, or on any youtube videos, and I've been keeping up on their twitter streams.

Anyone else know about this?

Does their "Project 1984" have anything to do with REX-84, or is it just a relation to the book with the same title "1984"

Anything big happening on that date?

Any guesses, any theories, any information? I'll continue my dig, and apologies if there is already information about this somewhere on ATS, but you'd think it would be big news being talked about.

Really, a flash based countdown timer indicating six days away, "Project 1984" would commence.

That's kind of either

A. A threat towards who(m)ever

or

B. A warning to whomever

Either way, it's interesting, and worth finding out what the notorius hacker alliance is up to.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Still at 6 days, 18 hours, 35 minutes and Zero Seconds.

The countdown is an image and not flash...

PNG file I believe.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by N34Li3Z

Whats the point of Anonymous hacking for the fun of it if that directly means the government will introduce tighter internet control measures for ALL OF US?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by N34Li3Z

the "1984" bit is only a reference to george orwell. if you look under the timer you will see a quote from his book "1984".

i am interested in what they plan. i doubt this will be on the news anywhere, so i'm going to convince my friends im psychic by telling them i "feel" a hack attack will come in 6 days =P

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
still not counting down.

with 6 days and 18 hours i'm guessing you would be looking at aug 2nd. d-day for the US government and the debt issue.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Here is some information about "Readiness Exercise 1984".

Rex 84, short for Readiness Exercise 1984, was a secretive "scenario and drill", developed by the United States federal government to suspend the United States Constitution, declare martial law, place military commanders in charge of state and local governments, and detain large numbers of American citizens who are deemed to be "national security threats", in the event that the President declares a "State of Domestic National Emergency". The plan allegedly states that events that might cause such a declaration would be widespread U.S. opposition to a U.S. military invasion abroad, such as if the United States were to directly invade Central America.[1][2][3][4][5][6] To combat what the government perceived as "subversive activities", the plan also authorized the military to direct ordered movements of civilian populations at state and regional levels.

Also of interest:

Rex 84 was allegedly written by Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North, who was both National Security Council White House Aide, and NSC liaison to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and John Brinkerhoff, the deputy director of "national preparedness" programs for FEMA. They allegedly patterned the plan on an alleged 1970 report written by FEMA chief Louis Giuffrida, at the Army War College, which allegedly proposed the detention of up to 21 million "American Negroes", if there were a black militant uprising in the United States.[1][8] Existence of a master military contingency plan (of which REX-84 was a part), "Garden Plot" and a similar earlier exercise, "Lantern Spike" were originally revealed by journalist Ron Ridenhour, who summarized his findings in "Garden Plot and the New Action Army."

There are a lot of good sources for this information and also make sure to check the related links section.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
So what will happen when this commences? Will this be a direct attack on the digital/electronic infrastructure world-wide? Will debts or bank accounts be eliminated? perhaps credit scores? Or digital records of all of the above?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

I understand why "1984," read the book, watched the movie several times.

Btw, thanks for pointing out it was still at 6 days, 18 hours...that has to be of some relevance, and glad you brought it to my attention.

What I don't understand is why the hacker groups on twitter, or the "news for hackers" haven't tweeted this.

I too am interested what is planned. I already know why, just not when, or how. Will be interesting to see what happens, if anything.

I wonder if this has anything to do whatsoever with the thread on 8-3-11.info

I love a good mystery...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Here's a youtube video of Colonel North basically being told to STFU when he brought up REX-84 at the trials.

when doing a search on google for the video I'd seen years ago, I found this entertaining, on a lighter note.

Good to see artists teaching kids the truth about history, lol.

edit on 25-7-2011 by N34Li3Z because: messed up the youtube links

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
They quote that the have lifted from the book continues;

"The Party could not be overthrown from within. Its enemies, if it had any enemies, had no way of coming together or even identifying one another. Even if the legendary Brotherhood existed, as just possibly it might, it was inconceivable that its members could ever assemble in larger numbers than twos and threes. Rebellion meant a look in the eyes, an inflection in the voice; at the most, an occasional whispered word. But the proles, if only they could somehow become concious of their own strength, would have no need to conspire. They needed only to rise up and shake themselves like a horse shaking off flies.If they choose they could blow the Party to pieces tomorrow morning, Surely sooner or later it must occur to them to do it."

The next paragraph talks about how people are well able to protest but why do they never do it when it is something important.

There is then the comment

'Until they become concious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become concious.'

All writing in quotes is from George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four.

Maybe they are simply calling for rebellion or maybe the will enlighten the masses with information to cause people to rebel.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
8-1-11 = 9-11..............makes you think!

DOD prepping troops for conflict on US soil in 9-11. The truth is going to set everyone free. Free from the bondage of big government and corporate raiders.

If you don't have your ZOMBIE stash ready; good luck to you!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
today hint for you kids

sg.news.yahoo.com...

Better read carefuly

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Prozium

In that link of yours, after I scrolled all the way down, I had the HORRENDOUS MISFORTUNE of landing into a video story about this "Chinese couple" who were drowning and throwing a kitten, as a form of entertainment. while an adult cat tried to rescue it and was pushed away. Most likely, it's heartbroken mother.
I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THEM AND THEIR POISON FOOD. AND THEIR RAMPANT ANIMAL ABUSE. They are behind the US's situation today, as well.

Sorry, I hope I did not derail this thread too far off topic, I didn't mean too.
edit on 25-7-2011 by simone50m because: edit

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

lulz security, aka the lulz boat "does it for fun/for the lulz" they teamed up with "anon," who doesn't do it just for the lulz, they consider themselves hacktivists, and don't just do nefarious activities like hacking the ps3 network for the "lulz," they are dDosing government sites, corporate sites, and recently an Austrian bank, as being reported by the news an hour ago, and brought our attention by a thread contributor in our forums.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Prozium

thank you sir, a might nice find. NO hacker reporting agencies have tweeted this yet on twitter (Austrian Bank Job)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Here is the real site with the coundown clock. It seems to be over.

AnonClock

JT

*edit* just found this at the bottom of the original site

The Countdown is supposed to end Friday January 7th at 10.00PM (GMT +1)

edit on 25-7-2011 by Greenblaz because: add info

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by N34Li3Z

Whats the point of Anonymous hacking for the fun of it if that directly means the government will introduce tighter internet control measures for ALL OF US?

We might sit and be silent when they steal our land, we might sit and be silent when they take our money and give it to China, and corporations, we might sit and be silent when they cover up an illegal war, but by God, there's no way in hell we will sit and be silent when they try to silence us.

Your average housewife doesn't care if the military doesn't get paid, or social security stops, but when you take away her facebook, her twitter, her pogo games...hell hath no fury!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
That name creeps me out. Operation 1984.... Sounds like they are trying to make the world into what it was in the book 1984 or something.

So what exactly is going to happen during Operation 1984?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenblaz
Here is the real site with the coundown clock. It seems to be over.

AnonClock

JT

*edit* just found this at the bottom of the original site

The Countdown is supposed to end Friday January 7th at 10.00PM (GMT +1)

edit on 25-7-2011 by Greenblaz because: add info

I can't find Friday Jan 7 date anywhere I click/look on the site. Have a link?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
if i had to guess/hope, i would say that anonymous plans to release some data, or hack a news agency or bank. i guess the only way to know the future is to wait and see.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join