It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, July 19th, Government takes down radar sites for repair in the Northeast

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Ok,thats weird.
I click on the NWS national radar and I see my location just fine.
But when I go to zoom in on my location it flashes between the
radar and a message that the radar is down.
But it's working cause I see it.
Cover up??
Getting creepy.

www.wave3.com...

radar.weather.gov...

radar.weather.gov...

Click on third link and you will see what I'm saying about the message.
edit on 19-7-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

I just got the same message. A few odd things this evening. We had a dangerous lightning storm, NO warning until the storm was over. Apparently 2 dead, struck by lightning. Just got a call on the police scanner, which I have never heard on my scanner for as long as I have owned it. From Audobon NJ, flying north, about 15 people witnessed a low flying glowing object...
...Just to add to the mystery

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Interesting!
Glowing objects,huh?
We are now having a wicked lightening storm!
It's maybe nothing more then fuel for conspirators
but who knows.
Got the crap scared out of me when I was standing on the covered back porch and lightening hit my neighbors tree.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

I guess if your local radars are down - how could any one have any warning

Low flying object? Well, have to wonder what THAT is about!!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Interesting!
Glowing objects,huh?
but who knows.
Got the crap scared out of me when I was standing on the covered back porch and lightening hit my neighbors tree.

Did you get any pre warning these storms were coming?? We had NONE! they came out of nowhere. torrential downpours, dangerous, downright scary ass lightning...about 10 minutes after the storm was winding down, they sent out a storm/lightning warning.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Man! Is Wisconsin making a lot of cheese and beer today?!

That sat pic looks like a directed energy spike to me!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5

I guess if your local radars are down - how could any one have any warning

Low flying object? Well, have to wonder what THAT is about!!

Yes, this was recent. Hours after the storm. Supposedly seen by 15 peeps...They should have grabbed cameras instead of calling 911. The dispatcher made it sound as if the people were worried or concerned by what they had seen...Wish I could have seen that!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.

Interesting!
Glowing objects,huh?
but who knows.

Did you get any pre warning these storms were coming?? We had NONE! they came out of nowhere. torrential downpours, dangerous, downright scary ass lightning...about 10 minutes after the storm was winding down, they sent out a storm/lightning warning.

No warning,was just watching the skies and storms were popping up here and there,
thought they had moved on then,WHAM!
But,that is kinda normal around here this time of year.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Just curious..... with radar being down...... can anyone in these areas elaborate on what the local news weather report was like? I mean, did the weather reporters just take the day off or what?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains
Just curious..... with radar being down...... can anyone in these areas elaborate on what the local news weather report was like? I mean, did the weather reporters just take the day off or what?

Well,I just got this,a little late.

Strong storms have formed, mainly east of I-65. Some of the stronger storms have the potential to produce 50 to 60 MPH winds. In addition... the main threats may actually be the heavy rain & dangerous lightning. Storms will sink to the south around 15 MPH. Instability soared with the daytime heating... and now that the sun has set... the cap has erroded. This has allowed showers & thunderstorms to fire. With that... the loss of the sun's energy will allow for the storms to only be short-lived. Most storms have now entered their decaying stage. Plenty of lightning has been noticed this evening and all storms will continue to have lightning until they end.

blogs.wave3.com...

Mostly the forecast has been excessive heat.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
Man! Is Wisconsin making a lot of cheese and beer today?!

That sat pic looks like a directed energy spike to me!

I just read your reply after watching a video about a tornado in WI this evening.

I know this guy is either liked or hated by ATS members, but I watch him from time to time...he just posted a video a couple hours ago...

7/19/2011 -- Tornadoes in WI heading towards Illinois = additional HAARP ring forecast

youtube video

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains

I can't speak for anyone else, but my own area. I did flip on both the local & national weather & NOTHING. showed nothing in my area and even had my area 20 degrees higher then what it was after the storms rolled through. It was strange, but like someone else said, guess if the the radar was down, we just wouldn't have known about it. Shame about the 2 people that got struck & killed by the lightning. Maybe, if they had known, they would have found shelter.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

So they are STILL down? I mean how long is what ever they are doing going to take? I thought it just may be for a couple hours this afternoon.....

As another poster asked...what was the evening weather report like on the local news? Just curious.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

So they are STILL down? I mean how long is what ever they are doing going to take? I thought it just may be for a couple hours this afternoon.....

As another poster asked...what was the evening weather report like on the local news? Just curious.

My storms started at approx 5:30-7...Had news on & nothing(as stated above). I checked the radar a few minutes ago and its still down

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

i saw a some pulsing orbs last fall/winter on the susquehanna / wayne county line

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I wasn't going to say anything,
BUT
last night ,out smoking a cig
I noticed a light in the sky moving.
It was steady,not blinking.
Then it disappeared.
A few seconds later it reappeared,
still steady and moving.then I saw 2 more moving past the stars.
I just attributed it to either satellites or high altitude planes
reflecting back the sun.

Anyways,radar back up,storm has passed,and the world is still here.
Whew,dodged another bullet.

edit on 20-7-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.

Ok,thats weird.
I click on the NWS national radar and I see my location just fine.
But when I go to zoom in on my location it flashes between the
radar and a message that the radar is down.
But it's working cause I see it.
Cover up??
Getting creepy.

www.wave3.com...

radar.weather.gov...

radar.weather.gov...

Click on third link and you will see what I'm saying about the message.

I just got the same message. A few odd things this evening. We had a dangerous lightning storm, NO warning until the storm was over. Apparently 2 dead, struck by lightning. Just got a call on the police scanner, which I have never heard on my scanner for as long as I have owned it. From Audobon NJ, flying north, about 15 people witnessed a low flying glowing object...
...Just to add to the mystery

Same thing happened here in upstate NY~ But last night! lol
Massive storm with 50-60 MPH winds, Came out of nowhere, Tons of thunder, and more lightning than Id ever seen in this state!
Usually, They will throw warnings out all over the place, for simple little thunderstorms,
Yet, there was no warning at all, Until the whole thing was over. lol

Then once the rain stopped (very heavy rain), I stood out front and watched the same section of sky, just light up constantly with lightning, in the same spot, for over 40 minutes! Not many "bolts", just glowing, flashing clouds.
(Never saw that here [or anywhere, really] )
Was interesting.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
As of 3:05 today, EDT, not seeing any radar stations down in the NE

classic.wunderground.com...

Couple in Texas and CA......
Gotta wonder where they get their info from and how reliable it is.
Accuweather is usually...well, pretty accurate.
edit on Tue Jul 19 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

News agencies lease lines to the NEXRAD system and also pull leased feeds from the FAA (which utilizes an integrated system that feeds multiple weather sources into one).

There is nothing new here. I worked on the NEXRAD. We brought it down periodically for maintenance...even if we had inclement weather. Trust me, a meteorologist at the National Weather Service has no pull over scheduled maintenance from the military. A large portion of NEXRAD sites are maintained by the military.

The NEXRAD weather radar is a simple Doppler radar. It provides base radar data. The real heart of the program is the software that either the NWS uses or the multitude of weather stations use to predict weather and patterns (such as tornadoes). More recently, local stations have been buying their own Doppler radar's to rely upon, but its all the same tech. Software.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Depends on what it was taken down for. A front-end alignment on the radar can take hours. Replacement of rotary joints, motors and even antennas can be all day long and could span over a couple of days. This can be extremely complicated and even worse if the weather is already bad.

Nothing nefarious (although I guess there could be a sliver of a possibility; but doubtful) going on. Routine maintenance and corrective maintenance happens all the time. Depending on the area, most won't even know because of overlapping coverage. Particularly, along "Tornado Alley" and other areas.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Castogere

bad idea...commander says bring em down in comes ''the terrorists'' operating false flag op some building gets blown to bits and then every transpo station and airstrip has nazi's asking for papers....bad idea

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
California Told To Prepare for Biblical Ark Storm - Daily Mail

Fictional Video Warning:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join