It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trail around Metallica singer's land moves ahead..say what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
650,000 freakin dollars? really? California is a moron state...

SAN RAFAEL, California (AP) — Work is under way on a Northern California hiking trail being built at a cost of more than $650,000 to bypass the home of Metallica front man James Hetfield. The Marin Independent Journal reports that the 3-mile (4.8-kilometer) trail connecting two open space preserves north of San Francisco is set to be finished as early as September. The new path stems from a 2008 dispute in which Hetfield erected a metal fence blocking a portion of the old trail running through in Marin County land. He complained trail users were damaging his property. Marin officials say the rocker has been accommodating to the new project, allowing trail builders to use his road for access to the site. The newspaper says the trail's high cost resulted from environmental reviews, design work, materials and equipment.

source

This comment says it all..

Maybe if the trail users had shown a little respect for the old trail and Hetfield's property this wouldn't be an issue. It would have been nice to know what kind of damage the trail users were doing but then that would have taken some effort by the reporter. I think most of you people don't like it when someone dumps their trash on your street or on your lawn so why shouldn't Hetfield be allowed to protect his property from trash and damage? Obama seems to be doing a good job of fanning the flames of hate toward anybody that is rich - many of the comments here prove it.

then there is this..to the point..

3 miles for 650,00. What a deal.

yea..no wonder Cali is bankrupt all the time......morons..

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

So Hetfield erected a fence to protect his property, but also had this fence built also on Maren County land?

I don't get it.............move your fence, Hetfield, yes?

Sounds like California.........I used to live there....................I left for many reasons........

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I don't see the problem. If people were damaging his property, he has rights. And I LOVE Metallica!!

Are you concerned about the price? Hetfield didn't place the price.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

well yea..kinda..

don't you think 650,000$ is a bit MUCH!!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Reply to post by Night Star

If the fence is on his property, awesome

If not … wtf
?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
It sounds to me like Mr. Hetfield was letting people hike through his property (it is connecting two separate reserves not adjacent to each other) but got tired of the trash and possible privacy issues. It makes sense to me that he fenced off his property.

However why is it costing the California tax payers 650,000.00 US dollars to do so. I think this absolute ridiculousness. This "trail" had be made from marble bordered by well manicured shrubs....

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

That's not the point..

the point is the fact that it will cost taxpayers 650,000$ to build a 3 mile trail around his property..

really? why that much?

do you honestly think a trail would cost that much to build?''

build? wtf..there is no build here..

a little back hoe work and some pavement for said trail..

they "built" a 8 mile trail where i live and it cost 48,000$..

and it has benches and water at intervals...

and scenic signs to read along the way..

morons i tell you...really!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
give me fuel

give me fire

GIVE ME THAT WHICH I DESIRE!!

(and stay the hell off my trail)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f460c2e885b7.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Reply to post by baddmove

Meh. I blame it on the environmental studies.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

you go Signals..

Banging head here!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Metallica sux...
They used to be cool, years ago...

Do you know how much these 'trailers' are gonna screw with his property now???

TONS!!!

Another Metallica DUMB move.

Idiots...

Long live Dave Mustaine

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by Night Star

well yea..kinda..

don't you think 650,000$ is a bit MUCH!!

Yeah it is and that is how stupid gov is.

This is not about the metalica guy but the state wasting this much, the story should be on the idiots that needed 650,000 to build a what 3 mile trail I think.

Heck I will build a 5 mile trail for 100k.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldave

i hear ya bro, dave rules!

metallica, lol, hatfield, like the trail was 10ft from his front door.

not and never was a fan of these money grabbing idiots.

650k? i hope it cost him a million to get the re-route.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The hikers are ruining MY PROPERTY. Therefore, let's ruin more public property by building more trails elsewhere.

Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me

...and.... me.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Keeping in mind that metallica "died" after or around when they got "loaded" this does not surprise me a little bit, also, was not marin county one of the cradles of MTB?

650.000$ for a trail... You would get a really big big house in spain...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Yes, the price is ridiculous. Wether it was Hetfield's property or anyone elses, they do have rights as property owners though. I have no idea how they came up with such a high number.

top topics

join