It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophetic dream? Not.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Months ago I had a dream that I was on the Korean peninsula, tensions were high and it seemed like war was about to break out. Ships were sunk and the killing began, and I had this vague sense that World War 3 was starting. This was a bit less than a year after the submarine incident.

I could have easily come onto ATS and prophesied that there was about to be a big war. And it turns out there was a big war starting. In my own head.

This past half-year has been incredible; I have been having some major breakthroughs in my own life.

Throughout the past few months I have had quite a few dreams about war. Sometimes I was a soldier fighting in the war; other times I was a scared bystander.

When I had the dreams where I was fighting the war, I was usually working intensely on self-improvement and battling vices and other factors that were holding me back.

When I had the dreams where I was in the crossfire, I was in a situation in which I felt overwhelmed. Lots of conflicting impulses were going through me and although in my waking life I struggled to sort them out, in my dreams my true self told me just how it was feeling emotionally: like a bystander in a land being bombed and otherwise fought over by two different armies.

So I'm just saying this to provide some perspective on dream prophecy. Most likely your prophetic dream is actually a symbol of what's going on in your own life. Instead of assuming you just received the gift of prophecy when you have an apparently prophetic dream, it might be more productive to see if there is any insight into your current troubles that your dream can provide. Dreams are first and foremost windows into our own souls.

edit on 18-7-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

Maybe you just prevented WW3 from breaking out in that sense.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I totally agree it CAN be from issues in your own life. I had a ton of dreams when my daughter was younger always involving water, me falling asleep at the wheel and trying to save her. She gave me a hard time early on and I really do think the dreams stemmed from what was happening.

Why would our brain not use real life examples though instead of always being symbolic? I remember stories my Grandmother told me about her dreams. Some were indeed "dreams come true" while others were more symbolic to what was transpiring in her life at the time.

Still.....why so symbolic to where we have to write them down and then analyze.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Still.....why so symbolic to where we have to write them down and then analyze.

I don't invent 'em; I just have 'em.

But to take a stab at answering your question, I would say it's that the emotional content producing the dream is more complex than words can provide. If a picture is worth a thousand words, an emotion is worth a million.

Frankly I don't think I could have consciously come up with a better explanation for what I was going through than the war imagery provided by my dreams.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Good post, OP.

Notice how these "prophets" do nothing than finger-pointing?

I am glad i see some people with halfway a brain, occasionally, on this forum.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Notice how these "prophets" do nothing than finger-pointing?

I don't see it as finger-pointing, more of an excitement about what appeared to be a prophecy, in large part an excitement along the lines of "this proves I'm special!" (probably not thought in those words, but emotionally felt).

I mean there might be other reasons. But that is what would try to sabotage my sober analysis of the situation when receiving a vivid dream. I assume this applies to at least some others as well.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

I think you may have "SuckerPunched" this one out of the ballpark.

Forgive me. Too many hectic hours at the mill.

I know, "Bad Robot!".

I am putting her to bed.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
i have a routine when it comes to dreams. approximately half of the dreams i remember are of future events. sometimes it happens a couple days later, sometimes it takes weeks, months, or even years to happen in real life. but a large number of my dreams have played out in real life exactly as i dreamt. i keep a dream journal. its not big things, just everyday stuff that i see play out before it actually happens. but when i have a dream i write it down and go through all the prominent themes, symbols, etc. and i check out an online dream dictionary that i've been using since high school. if the explanations for the themes and symbols relate to waking life, then it was just a dream. if they don't relate to my waking life, or i cant make connections to my waking life at all, theres a chance it could have been what i call a "future dream".

if i had thought my big dreams were prophetic, we'd be getting an EQ in my city big enough to knock stuff down off the walls, there would be fireballs flying from the sky at some point while im in a big white building, causing the building to collapse leaving me to lead a group of people out to safety, there would be a terrifying war here with bombs being dropped from the sky and there would be several zombie apocalypses

and if you're having a reoccurring dream, or a theme reoccurring in your dreams, i think its more likely that its a waking life issue. i've had several types of reoccurring dreams, or themes of the dreams, and as soon as i was able to resolve the issue in waking life, that reoccurring dream stopped.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join