It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt’s Zahi Hawass resigns

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Back a few months ago there were some threads about the caves discovered under Giza.... The finder even posted here at ATS (forget his name just now)

Hawass denied it but we caught him red handed... exiting those caves

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
But the one that really pissed me off...

In the "Stargates are Real" thread we are looking into the Osiron at Abydos, Tomb of Seti I

Well speaking of tunnels and caves below the Egyptian tombs...

new data claims that hawass excavated it to 174 meters and the stairway abruptly ended. he believes this proves that Seti I's workmen never finished the secret chamber, although a false door was originally at the end of the first staircase in the tunnel. - Undo
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ended? Hawass goes to all that trouble and it just ENDS???

Oh Okay I buy that

Problem is that now the tunnels are flooded from hydraulics created by filling the Aswan Dam... so we may never find out now

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EgypTer

On January 31, 2011, As part of a cabinet reshuffle during the January 25 Revolution, Hawass was appointed Minister of State for Antiquities Affairs.
On March 3, 2011, He resigned after posting a list online of dozens of Egyptian antiquities sites that were looted during the 2011 protests.
On March 30, 2011 that he had be re-appointed by Prime Minister Essam Sharaf and was once again Minister of Antiquities.
On April 17, 2011, Hawass was sentenced to one year in prison for disobeying a court ruing before being appointed Minister of Antiquities.
On April 18 the National Council of Egypt’s Administrative Court issued a decree stopping the court ruling.
On July 17, 2011, The Egyptian government is reshuffling again and Hawass is out

Ah okay... So he re-resigned. Did you know when Obama visited, Obama joked about the fact that "Aliens built it" and Hawass actually put that on his own website?

from Dr Hawass himself

"We walked down to the Sphinx from the Khufu Boat Museum, and President Obama asked me questions about the people who built the pyramids, noting that they were not slaves. We talked about the casing on the pyramid of Khafre, and how the Great Pyramid had once been cased the same way in fine white limestone. He joked with the press about the idea that aliens had built the monuments of Giza. Between the paws of the Sphinx, we talked about history and posed for many pictures. I told him how much the people of Egypt love him and how happy everyone was on the day of his election. We all expect him to do a lot for the world. It is my hope that he will be able to change America’s image in the eyes of the international community and bring the US back into contact with the rest of the world. I was so happy that I was able to spend an hour and a half walking across the Giza Plateau with President Obama.

www.drhawass.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Didn't Hawass originally claim there weren't any tunnels?

On his show he was in those same tunnels, yes? The ones with all the snakes?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
yeah it's not like he has a HUGE Ego or anything

You can join his FAN CLUB here... and tell him how much we love him

www.drhawass.com...

And this...

"I am NOT giving it back... you can't make me"

edit on 17-7-2011 by zorgon because: Slayer has been messing around in my files

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Shouldn't he be wearing gloves to hold Tut?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

edit on 17-7-2011 by zorgon because: Slayer has been messing around in my files

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/70c54a4ae69e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Again? im sure this happened earlier this year and i commented on it then. Well lets hope this time its true and hes out of the picture for good, ok fair play for bringing the media's attention to some of his finds but i think he has pocketed and hidden alot more than hes exposed. The mans a big baby and i doubt his actual qualifications, total fraud, just a blagger with a quick tongue.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Does this mean that the "Hall of Records" will finally be reveled? We've been waiting for awhile now, and so far no one has produced these records. Assuming such records exist.
edit on 17-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Wait..What!!!

He has a fan club?

kidding right?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I didn't care for him either, but I'd sure love to give him some truth serum, and stick him on ATS live to be interviewed in real time. I'll bet the bandwidth demand for that interview would shut down the interwebz.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hawass hasn't resigned.

The "news" comes from a blog and the blog reporter hasn't bothered to check sources. If you do a check of the standard news sites you will see that Hawass has not stepped down.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EgypTer

This is exactly the way a lot of the US government officials should be treated starting with people like John P Haldron and the list goes on. As for Hawas he thought everything pertaining to egypt antiquites belong to him and him alone. I am not sure why they were so upset with him but I am sure they have a good reason. I do know that what ever was in the tomb of Osiris it was hidden from everyone for him alone to examine. Maybe now we will find out what type of remains it is.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Hawass hasn't resigned.

The "news" comes from a blog and the blog reporter hasn't bothered to check sources. If you do a check of the standard news sites you will see that Hawass has not stepped down.

So the Byrd says "Hawass hasn't resigned..."

Dr Hawass says: "Why Dr Hawass Resigned

Q: Dr. Hawass, for many years you have been the image of modern Egyptology. Why are you leaving now?

A: “I am leaving because of a variety of important reasons. The first reason is that, during the Revolution of January 25th, the Egyptian Army protected our heritage sites and the Egyptian Museum in Cairo. However, in the last 10 days the army has left these posts because it has other tasks to do. The group now in charge of the protection of these sites is the Tourist Police, but there are no Tourist Police to do this either. Therefore, what happens? Egyptian criminals, thieves (you know, in every revolution bad people always appear…), have begun to destroy tombs. They damaged the tomb of Hetep-ka at Saqqara, the tomb of Petah-Shepses at Abu Sir and the tomb of a person called Em-pi at Giza. They attacked a storage magazine at Saqqara and we do not yet know how many artifacts are missing; they opened two storage magazines at Giza; one tomb dated to the 19th Dynasty, the only one in the Delta in fact, was damaged at Ismaïlia; and a store at El-Qantara East has been broken into and looted for antiquities. People have begun to build houses and to excavate at night, everywhere, putting heritage sites all over the country at risk. I had to write a report and I sent it to the Director of UNESCO. That is why at the meeting of the Egyptian cabinet yesterday I had my speech prepared already and I said: “I cannot stay in Egypt and see antiquities being stolen when I cannot do anything to stop it!” This situation is not for me! I have always fought to return stolen artifacts to Egypt. I did fight Ahmed Ezz as well, the man in the Parliament, who was the most powerful man, because he wanted to allow antiquities to be sold in Egypt again.
The second reason is that there are two crooks in the Antiquities Department, who have accused me of stealing antiquities and doing other illegal things all of the time. Their files talk about this. A third person started saying similar things, a university professor who was the Antiquities Director for almost 6 years before me, who never accomplished anything in that time. As a corrupt man, he even gave his signed permission to a rich lady from another Arabic country to take manuscripts out of Egypt! These three people encouraged young Egyptians to protest against me personally, to shout outside my office that they needed jobs. Sadly, I cannot give a job to everyone, but I did find funds to provide nearly 2000 training positions. In response to the horrible rumors that I am stealing antiquities. How could this be?! How could a man who has given his life to protecting and promoting antiquities, be accused later of stealing them?! Because of all of these things, I believe that if I stay in my position for another six months, I will never be able to protect the antiquities I love and I will never be able to work during this mess. All my life, I have been excavating, discovering, writing books and giving lectures all over the world. My work is responsible for bringing many tourists to Egypt, which helps our economy. But now I cannot do this! Therefore, I decided to resign”.

www.drhawass.com...

From Dr Hawass' own website

Seems the Byrd is wrong

Deny ignorance
edit on 17-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Check the date on your quote,Byrd is correct.

Same quote, different source.
Zahi Hawass Resigns Posted on March 7, 2011

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Your source is a blog that quotes Dr Hawass' own website (my source) The only mention that he came back is from a user comment..

Need more than that

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

[url=httwww.guardian.co.uk...

The most high-profile departure was that of Zahi Hawass, Egypt's antiquities minister and a self-styled 'Indiana Jones of the East' who attained celebrity status through his global television ventures with the National Geographic and Discovery channels but was tainted by his strong praise for Mubarak during the anti-government uprising earlier this year.hat

Seems that he may in fact be out. Good ridance.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Mr. Hawass is nothing but a claim jumping glory hound and a power mongering control freak.
He has done less to advance knowledge and culture than he has to advance his ego, status and prestige.
Good riddance to dead weight.
edit on 7/18/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It is dated from march meaning it applies to his resignation that he has since been reinstated from.

It is not pertaining to a recent second resignation.

As it stands Byrd is still correct.

Edit: I stand corrected, it would seem the Guardian is verifying the story

edit on 18-7-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
I remember when one of the male students asked Zahi about the alien theory regarding Pyramids and Zahi FREAKED OUT. Personally I don't think Aliens built the pyramids, but there is no reason for Zahi to flip out like he did.

He had good reason to flip out. His job was to cover up the true history of the pyramids.

That's why his fellow archeologists are angry at him.

<< 1    3 >>

join