It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we strive for sameness? Why do we not celebrate the differences between the Races?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
There has been a lot of threads on here lately involving people calling each other racists etc etc.

But what I want to know is why do we not admit we are NOT all the same?

The "Out of Africa" theory has been proven to be false ... complete Rubbish and yet all I hear on here is people trying to make out we are all the same and we should all just get along.

Really, why ... it isn't in our natures to do so, it isn't even a good thing ... do you really want everyone to become coffee coloured and identical?

We accept differences inside of each race, for example not everyone can get into University and become a doctor but we won't accept differences between the races?

Is the future one where we strive to be so identical with each other, we will only allow perfect clones?

In nature in general, if I said to you from now on there will be only one species of frog because we want all frogs to be identical, would that be cool? Of course not, yet this stupid mindlessness goes on in the human race.

There is different races because we are actually different species. Many will think I am talking rubbish by saying that so I will prove it ... it's not even new science ... the world is finally realising this and waking up to it.

Newsweek did a study of the facial skeleton of Neanderthals who were often read haired and they found that facially they are like Scandinavians Germans and Dutch, eg they were Europeans in appearance. This is at the end of this video with an image ....

Denisovans

When the ancient genome was compared to a spectrum of modern human populations, a striking relationship emerged. Unlike most groups, Melanesians — inhabitants of Papua New Guinea and islands northeast of Australia — seem to have inherited as much as one-twentieth of their DNA from Denisovan roots. This suggests that after the ancestors of today's Papuans split from other human populations and migrated east, they interbred with Denisovans, but precisely when, where and to what extent is unclear.

www.nature.com...

Homo floresiensis

("Flores Man", nicknamed "hobbit") is a possible species, now extinct, in the genus Homo. The remains were discovered in 2004 on the island of Flores in Indonesia. Partial skeletons of nine individuals have been recovered, including one complete cranium (skull). These remains have been the subject of intense research to determine whether they represent a species distinct from modern humans, and the progress of this scientific controversy has been closely followed by the news media at large. This hominin is remarkable for its small body and brain and for its survival until relatively recent times (possibly as recently as 12,000 years ago). Recovered alongside the skeletal remains were stone tools from archaeological horizons ranging from 94,000 to 13,000 years ago.

en.wikipedia.org...

Australopithecus sediba,

New species in human lineage's evolution discovered Researchers have discovered in South Africa two partial skeletons of a new species of evolving primate that incorporates ape and human features in a previously unseen combination. The skeletons, of a boy and a young woman, have orangutan-length arms but human-shaped hands. Changes to the legs and pelvis suggest that the creatures spent much of their time upright, although their feet are primitive. They have small, humanlike teeth but an ape-size braincase. Although anthropologists long ago rejected the notion of a missing link in human prehistory waiting to be found, few doubt that there are "missing strands" in the tangled braid of co-evolving pre-human lineages. The new species, named Australopithecus sediba, appears to be one of them.

More at with slide show etc ....

www.washingtonpost.com...

Even the Chinese challenge the out of Africa theory.

So if we are not even the same species, shouldn't we accept that we are in facto very different from each other?

Also people go on about White man coming and taking over the land in America and how BAD that was etc etc...

You do realise that this has happened everywhere and usually one species makes the other go extinct by a process usually involving the following ... they kill and eat the other tribe but also mate with the few surviving females, therefore there is actually a merging of the two tribes or races, the stronger one carrying on and containing a few genes of the weaker tribe.

This has happened all over the world, the Indians, the natives of America, actually killed and interbreed with a white tribe many thousands of years ago. The Maoris of New Zealand did exactly the same thing 700 years ago approximately ... so what is the big deal .... this is who we are and you will have to face this truth sooner or later...

Just look at multicultural countries ... are they really blended?

Of course not or you would not have China towns etc they're just ticking time bombs and sooner or later it will come down to a show down ... the elite know this .... this is their ultimate plot if you ask me.
edit on 15-7-2011 by AprilSky because: grammar

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
nothing to say.

star and a flag for you!

that's all that needs to be said!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Most races are celebrated for their accomplishments; Caucasians are evil and have contributed nothing to society besides pain and suffering however and they are technically not a race. (end sarcasm)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Just look at multicultural countries ... are they really blended?
Of course not or you would not have China towns etc they are just a ticking time bomb and sooner or later it will come down to a show down ... the elite know this .... this is their ultimate plot if you ask me.

We've had lots of Chinatowns throughout major cities in Canada for as long as I've been alive, probably longer.

I like it, it gives a way for others to see the culture, and get to know it. Different foods and stuff. I've always found the restaurant owners and shopkeepers to be very friendly and helpful, and they like the people's interest in their culture.

I don't see a problem with it, but then again, they are friendlier with Canadians than Americans, maybe that's why we've had lots of Chinese immigration.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
"Why do we strive for sameness? "

Because we are the same. We are all one HUMAN race.

Race is a made up social construct that allowed the Europeans to enslave those they colonized. Why should we celebrate differences in a fake system?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Iam human, you are human................enough said = Equal

This is what it should be!

S & F to you

link   
Why do wolves attack another wolf that belongs to another pack?

alphawolfsabrina.webs.com...

link   

Originally posted by isthisreallife
"Why do we strive for sameness? "

Because we are the same. We are all one HUMAN race.

Race is a made up social construct that allowed the Europeans to enslave those they colonized. Why should we celebrate differences in a fake system?

Because, equality without diversity would be pointless.

2nd.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

Weakness................This will be natural thoughout lifeline - hunt the meek! - Nature, runt. The strongest survive

We are the same just different capabilities
edit on 15-7-2011 by vesta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AprilSky

IMHO it's not about wanting to have a cookie-cutter coffee cream colored single race. It's important to realize people are just people. While I think it's find to be proud of who your are I think it's silly to put up brick walls. Walls separate people. Walls keep us from coming together and getting along. Walls are part of the very old government ploy of 'divide and separate'.

All evergreens are trees, but not all trees are Evergreen. The trees would be better off if they all got along and moved in a positive direction together.

Leaders and 'managers' (so as to speak) in many religions / houses of worship also do more harm than good by building walls around their flock and their parish. Instead of people hating on people of other religions they all should be out trying to spread the word of their belief, if they feel it's all that great.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Here is another piece which shows how different we are. Also it points to the fact that we have genes which do not come from here ... are not from the original EVE.

Human genome contains 223 genes that do not have the required predecessors on the genomic evolutionary tree. Now, at first glance it would seem that 223 genes is no big deal. In fact, while every single gene makes a great difference to every individual, 223 genes make an immense difference to a species such as ours. The difference between one individual person and another amounts to about one-letter in a thousand in the DNA-alphabet.

The difference between Humankind and Chimpanzee is less than one percent as genes go; and one percent of 30,000 genes is 300. So, 223 genes is more than two thirds of the difference between me, you and a chimpanzee!

An analysis of the functions of these genes through the proteins that they spell out, conducted by the Public Consortium team and published in the journal Nature, shows that they include not only proteins involved in important physiological but also psychiatric functions. Moreover, they are responsible for important neurological enzymes that stem only from the mitochondrial portion of the DNA the so-called "Eve DNA" that humankind inherited only through the mother-line, all the way back to a single Eve.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

edit on 15-7-2011 by AprilSky because: added more content

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Race is a made up social construct that allowed the Europeans to enslave those they colonized.

Lol, nice trolling.

We're not all the same. It's our individuality which makes us all unique and special. Once you force us to become one and the same, we lose ourselves. Aren't we supposedly supposed to "celebrate diversity"? I could swear my school had huge banners promoting this idea...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Of course there are differences in various races. Personally, though, I long for the day when skin color becomes like hair or eye color, part of a description and nothing more.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
NEANDERTHALS

Evolutionists call the neanderthal, "caveman"

Neanderthal features include a somewhat larger brow ridge (the supra orbital torus).

They may also have lived longer than men do today. Biblical records indicate that those living just after the Flood (on down to Abraham and even Moses) had somewhat longer life spans than we do today. In 1973, H. Israel explained that certain living individuals today begin to develop Neanderthaloid features—the heavy eyebrow ridges, elongated cranial vault, and so on—with extreme age. There is definite evidence that the Neanderthals were several hundred years old.

For much more information, see the book, Buried Alive, by Jack Cuozzo (1998). In it, he clearly shows that the Neanderthals were several hundred years old. Facial bones keep growing throughout life. He also discovered that the evolutionists had mismatched the upper and lower jaw, in order to make the Neanderthals look like apes.

Neanderthals: Caveman or Human?
Dr. Jack Cuozzo
43 min

Audio interview about his findings after traveling to France to inspect the neanderthal remains.

Neanderthal spoke just as modern man
jackcuozzo.com...

Science has known neanderthal had speech, they just do not always report this unless they have to.
en.wikipedia.org...

A third interesting fact is that the Neanderthals had larger craniums than we do. They had larger brains! This indicates regression of our race from a former longer-lived, more intelligent, race rather than evolutionary progression. Brain capacity is an important indicator of whether a cranium belongs to an ape or a person.

"The cranial capacity of the Neanderthal race of Homo sapiens was, on the average, equal to or even greater than that in modern man." (Theodosius Dobzhansky, "Changing Man," Science, January 27, 1967, p. 410)

They also had well-developed culture, art, and religion. At the present time, most scientists agree that Neanderthals were just plain people that lived in caves for a time. Unfortunately, we are still waiting for this change in thinking to be seen in children’s textbooks.

Two Neanderthal-like skulls were found in Santa Barbara, California in 1923. Researchers recognized that they were just Indian skulls.

Archaeologists tell us that in some places in Palestine, people resembling the Neanderthal race lived in caves, while not far away in Jericho people dwelt in well-built, beautifully decorated houses.
edit on 15-7-2011 by AprilSky because: grammar

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I do not see a trend towards sameness, I see the exact opposite, with exceptions on the fridges of each ethnicity. The Caucasians have it the worst, in my opinion these days. Each major town has a Chinatown, or little italy in it. If the Caucasians tried to establish an 'our kind only' area it would not be allowed or harassed violently. But you have so many ethic specific establishments that are allowed: black entertainment Network, separate school systems for religions etc. I think that they have it right. They congregate with themselves, they do business with their own kind etc. And they have since the dawn of days.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AprilSky

But what I want to know is why do we not admit we are NOT all the same?

Because since all mankind element is able to communicate with any other given the right conditions, difference must ONLY be recognized on the basis of unity. Just like inside any human society, or any social group.

If not, -- that is when differences are considered as more important than unity, -- then the destruction of one group by one other is the most common occurence, like History proved it for centuries and millenia.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
how should we celebrate this? with champagne? presents? lol... come on.
The reason is simple, it is always easier to judge than to understand.
Man is lazy by nature.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Race is a made up social construct that allowed the Europeans to enslave those they colonized.

Lol, nice trolling.

We're not all the same. It's our individuality which makes us all unique and special. Once you force us to become one and the same, we lose ourselves. Aren't we supposedly supposed to "celebrate diversity"? I could swear my school had huge banners promoting this idea...

Trolling? Are you joking?

I am not saying we shouldn't celebrate diversity or celebrate what makes us unique. But at a MOLECULAR level, we are all the same. 99.99999% of my DNA is exactly the same as your DNA, regardless of what continent you were born on or your ancestors were born on.

On a personal level, we are all different? But why should we act like blacks, and whites, and asians are all different? We are the same race. Just with different cultures, skin colors, religions, etc. THAT is what is being celebrated.

The European concept of "race", along with many of the ideas now associated with the term, arose in the conjunction of the scientific revolution, which introduced and privileged the study of natural kinds, and the age of European imperialism and colonization which established political relations between Europeans and peoples with distinct cultural and political traditions.[35][38]

The rise of the Atlantic slave trade, which gradually displaced an earlier trade in slaves from throughout the world, created a further incentive to categorize human groups in order to justify the subordination of African slaves.[

WIKI

Or is wikipedia not a good enough source for you?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Or is wikipedia not a good enough source for you?

Not really no, at least not as a single source. I'm not denying that we all may be the same, but we're living in such a politically correct world that when we even divulge from the mainstream thinking we're automatically labeled a plethora of labels. Which is one of the reasons why I'm rather outspoken about being anti-PC. I'm polite and treat pretty much everyone with a certain level of respect. Not because I'm told to do so, not because of laws, but because I want to. So when people deny what someone says out of the sheer need to be politically correct, it really hurts more then it helps.

Also, the trolling comment was just to rile your feathers.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The celebration of different races are a problem,accepting that we are all the same is what we need to do.
Black history month would be the first thing to get axed, if I ran the world.

Things like China Town and Mexican town are fine, since it's not an "IN YOUR FACE" expression of proud racial or cultural expression. It's showing inviting everyone to be apart of it. Southern joints and Italian avenues are awesome too

We are all one race, but different species, I agree, but it's just not worth talking about anymore.
I just want people to quit crying about slavery and oppression, stop complaining about being stereotyped, and stop yelling RACIST every chance you get. I see it everyday here and it's annoying.

I commented on a news report on facebook today and someone told me I resented my mother for not having had me with a white father because I chose to "Marry and bear children for a white man." Why does that even matter?
I love him, shouldn't that be enough?
Get over skin colours and thinking you're better than everyone else because of where you're from.
If you're so proud of your culture, why not share it with others instead of making everyone from that cultural group look bad.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join