It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is This Under The Moon? (from 07/09/2011)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
this is not my video...let the debunking begin...because i've never seen anything like this before. i don't care who the person is whom recorded this, nor what websites he's affiliated with. all i'm interested in is what i see in the video below the Moon.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMaxZombie

Retraction from a fool, ignorance denied

edit on 10-7-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Lens Artifact...

Moving On....

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Lens artifact.

Fail.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Its a reflection caused by the lens. Although I cant explain why the cloud blots it out at 4:09 Mind you he says he is filming through marine time BINOCULARS so that might account for any lens artefacts.
edit on 10-7-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I think if he`d have zoomed in more, the blue moon wouldn`t be there.
It`s not really there.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
That is clearly a reflection artifact. Who is this guy trying to fool. What a scam artist.

edit on 10-7-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMaxZombie

Not positive but i think the thing under the moon is the actual moon and the thing above it is a street light. Looks like it is on a light pole as well...
Therian

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c1caede1b52.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 10-7-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Fail. Sounds like Alex Jones too.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Looks very real

utoh doomsday has come early.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Lens artifact. It is difficult to take a picture of a bright object in a dark background without getting internal reflections of the image in the lens.

It is good that you are trying to learn, because knowing these things will allow you to discern the ordinary from the extraordinary.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94ddef6db10b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a229ed123d6.jpg[/atsimg]

P.S. The 'Ghost Horseman' that was in some video or another (Egypt? Libya?) a while back, is also a lens artifact. If you will notice there is a bright fire in the upper left corner, the shape of which is lost in the glare, but if a person could capture an image of it and manipulate it they will see that the 'horseman' is a reversed image of the the fire and moves exponentially faster away across the field of view, when the camera sweeps along even after the fire is out of view because the convex lens still can 'see' it, even if the camera cannot.

edit on 7/10/2011 by czygyny because: hit button too soon!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I do not believe you can hold your digicam up to the eyepiece on a pair of binoculars and produce a quality image.
The "planet" is just a reflection off of one of the many lens elements in the binoculars. AKA lens flare. How come this guy photographing through a badly home rigged setup can capture something that scientists and amateur astronomers with much, much, much, much, much, much better equipment than he has cannot seem to do?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Therian

Not positive but i think the thing under the moon is the actual moon and the thing above it is a street light. Looks like it is on a light pole as well...
Therian

Wasn't going to ruin the fun but you got it. You are 100% correct because me and buddy were actually doing this with a camera the other day. Clever boy.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I know this is fake, weather its lens flare/reflection, or camera tricks. but the interesting thing is watching the cloud cover move across the light. anyone else notice how it first moved over the moon and slowly moved to the left OVER the artifact.
that is kind of strange. i thought with a lens flare or reflection it wouldn't cause that, or am i mistaking. Or possibly he was creating that effect with smoke. hard to say.
edit on 10-7-2011 by Pegasus2000 because: added Content

edit on 10-7-2011 by Pegasus2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Guys it's another Earth, come on, you know this already!!!

top topics

join