It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying metallic discs, why do they emit light?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasedGod
reply to post by chrismicha77

I did actually lol thanks for the reminder! very informative. Thanks I also have heard ufos use an element that has yet to be discovered or does not exist on our planet & without this the craft is useless
edit on 7-7-2011 by BasedGod because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2011 by BasedGod because: more data

Sure element 115 & 116, just ask Bob Lazar!
We've even added 115 to the element table.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Hrmm. Interesting concept.

Personally, if the lights that we are seeing in the sky are actually real ET craft then I'd imagine that the light that the ships emit is actually it's propulsion system.

Take for example the concept of Haptic Feedback using Ultrasonic emitters.

I would imagine that they use something sort of like the ultrasonic emitters, but instead of Ultrasonic frequencies they are using light. The reason for this is that a light drive would have an acceleration time of neutral to light speed at the rate of light speed. Also I would say that light is the most abundant resource in the universe.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by VraxUK

One explanation may be, ufo's use a high energy source in a gas atmosphere (hydrogen nitrogen). When you apply enough energy to a gas molecule they emit photons. They emit light. The glow that ufo's emit is thought to be a by product of how the craft operates. Emitting that much energy, the gas surrounding the craft ignites. The same reason lightning is visible. You have a huge electrical discharge and the gas in our atmosphere ignites in the form of lightning. Same as how a neon light or fluorescent light lights up.. The blue, green , orange and red hues could be due to various energy byproduct also burning off giving the color. Depending on the energy source used (different fuels and fuel by product) or propulsion design along with high electrical output, it ignites in various colors. Notice ufo's don't appear glowing in space (no atmosphere).

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I believe the light their craft emits is a type of scanner that records a virtual copy of our landscape. What better way to explore our world than in an anatomicly correct VR world.

I really dont know I'm just winging it to be honest.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
I believe the light their craft emits is a type of scanner that records a virtual copy of our landscape. What better way to explore our world than in an anatomicly correct VR world.

I really dont know I'm just winging it to be honest.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

That could be why, I think its more to do with the propulsion though. We can scan things with quite low energy needed, there is definitely no massive bright light needed to scan say, the sea bed. If the aliens where terra/hydro-graphically surveying our planet, you'd have to ask why.

And in all fairness I think they would have finished scanning by now! Nice theory though, never thought of it like that!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
... Lower energy levels give off different colors than higher energy levels... based on frequency... If you study years of the older UFO sightings you will see a pattern

A UFO hovering or moving slow... dull red to orange
A UFO moving high speed... bright blue white to white

It doesn't take long by looking at reputable sightings where approx speeds are include to see the pattern of speed/energy level in relation to color of light... most likely the light is 'leakage'...

Well, the two ships I've seen up fairly close were both travelling slowly. The V shape/boomarang glowed intensely violet/purple with the brightest along the leading edge and trailing off in intensity near the rear. And the Accorn shaped one was flat black with randomly flashing streaks of bright white "lightning" over different parts of it's surface. The light may be "leakage"/ionization of the surrounding air, but not necessarily an indicator of speed. It could be some kind of synchrotronic/cyclotronic radiation. But it could be a side effect of ambient energy absorption, (I have my reasons for speculating this).

I also wonder if the black eyes of these classic "Gray alien" specie are actually artificial lenses used in the field to not only protect from spontaneously occuring blinding light sources, but more importantly to mitigate the effects of microwaves on their eyes when working on/around their craft (cataracts anyone?). Microwave radiation seems to be common with some of these ships, (remember the Canadian engineer who got too close to one?
). The lenses would be made of interlaced fine metal strands perhaps?
edit on 8-7-2011 by Flux8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Timing

I tend to disagree, that the light that the starship emits, is it's propulsion system. I believe that light photon's are the fuel for the propulsion system.

I described in another thread- That if a starship uses a black hole dust infused plate, on the bottom of the saucer; with some kind of projector that infuses the black hole plate with light photon's from some light source: Since the starship is not stationary, like a black hole; the black hole plate pulls the starship towards the light source, like a nail is attracted to a magnet.

The resulting speeds: Should be profound...indeed!!!

Since light is limited, on most planet's after dusk. The starship, simply creates it's own photon fuel; as in plasma.

Foofighter's forever,

Erno86

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

Thats a cool idea, but some UFO still show visible lights in the day?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flux8
Well, the two ships I've seen up fairly close were both travelling slowly. The V shape/boomarang glowed intensely violet/purple with the brightest along the leading edge and trailing off in intensity near the rear.

Yup the color changes were based on the older disc type UFO's The triangle with the purple glow especially on leading edges is EXACTLY what our plasma technology would look like

JLN Labs model

The Glow Discharge Plasma Wing
jlnlabs.online.fr...

Image courtesy DARPA/AFRL

edit on 8-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by VraxUK

They can, because I think the other-worlders think that there starships are invincible.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So if we have this tech or this concept, how far away from it are we to making it, a reality?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hmmm, I thought that tech was used to reduce drag. The actual propulsion would still be conventional, as it wasn't powerful enough to provide sufficient thrust.

The "V" I saw was completely aglow, just a little more intense at the leading edge. The other object/ship was completely flat black, but had random flashes of bright light over different areas of it's surface, with lightning like intensity. I'm not so sure the color was necessarily an indicator of speed (since both emitted different colors yet travelled roughly at the same speed), but I guess it could be.

I've seen other "objects" demonstrating different effects that I'm pretty sure were not conventional craft, but they were further away. One in particular stands out to me and is worth noting. A bright light hovering in the distance close to the ground suddenly shot strait up into the sky in equa-distant spacings. To me it suggests that the object was flashing/pulsing too fast for the naked eye to discern while it hovered, yet when it immediately accelerated the pulsing became more apparent. There was a very slight time delay between each pulse as it shot upward within my field of view, all in under a second.

And then, perhaps there is some way to manipulate light through a plasma (around the craft) so as to render objects within that plasma effectively "invisible" to outside observers? In this case it would an effect of stealth technology, not propulsion. It would be one explanation why some describe these objects as fading/blinking out and reappearing somewhere else. Who knows?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

Surely if they are using plasma actuators it increases drag on a certain side of the wing? But then it could possibly then decrease it, imbalancing the craft doing the opposite of which increasing the friction would.

Would be nice if Zorgon had any words on this!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

I partially agree: That a Foofighter's magnetic fiery- red plasma shield is a definite cloaking device. It is also a defensive force shield that prevents air to air, and ground to air missiles from finding and penetrating the main target; which is the starcraft itself.

The question, i'm poundering now is- How are radar waves affected by the magnetic fusion plasma shield of a space alien starcraft?

Does anybody out there... know?

I appreciate, anybody's help on this question.

Thanks,

Erno86

edit on 11-7-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

They probably have the ability to bend waves around the ship, much like the concept of the Philadelphia experiment.(Bending light around ships and what not).

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by VraxUK
For some reason I doubt their lights are colour coded, why would they want us to know what they are doing, and why would they have any need for colour coding?

It's required by the Galactic Spacecraft Authority, of course. Running lights have to conform to GSA code.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

We are using plasma fields on our stealth aircraft as well... for deflecting radar, for eliminating sonic boom and even for steering the plane without the need of ailerons

Oh, you betcha we do. (real big grin)

Not only that, it actually works better if you don't have moving wing surfaces - keeping the plasma sheath intact over the wing surface is dicky in turns anyway, but if you have to worry about slingout on the backside of the control surface it's a chore.

If you're only doing it for stealth reasons, you don't have to worry about freaky loss of control problems that slingout causes if you're doing it for boundary layer control. But it does cause your RCS to pop in and out as you "bare" metal during big control surface excursions.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

It's required by the Galactic Spacecraft Authority, of course. Running lights have to conform to GSA code.

Sounds like the EU, do you reckon they have health and safety forms to fill in too?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hrm. You guys are onto something you ought to pursue. Only what you ought to pursue is less "what are UFO aliens doing that causes people to see glows around their interplanetary craft" and more "what are these things we're seeing that glow in the dark at times". Especially the ones that glow blue. A nice pretty blue. Yep. That's what I'd be thinking about. Just sayin'.

There's another ATSer who could show up and tell you all about it. If he wants to.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Hrm. You guys are onto something you ought to pursue. Only what you ought to pursue is less "what are UFO aliens doing that causes people to see glows around their interplanetary craft" and more "what are these things we're seeing that glow in the dark at times". Especially the ones that glow blue. A nice pretty blue. Yep. That's what I'd be thinking about. Just sayin'.

There's another ATSer who could show up and tell you all about it. If he wants to.

Are you talking about natural phenomenon or anything that is within the realms of science? This is what is hard to explain! A lot of these things have been reported as UFOs because they show extraordinary flight characteristics and out of the ordinary behavior. Flotillas and what not especially, mass sightings, and what ever else.

It's hard to theorize when a lot of this topic is completely hypothetical and conceptual! Wouldn't you agree!

But I do agree, hopefully someone will see this thread and add some more insight into it!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join