It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside 9/11 - Hijacking the air defense

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The video below was uploaded on June 28th and brings up specific questions about the obstruction of air defenses on 9/11.

I realize much of this will seem like old news to many, but some of it was new to me.

The reason I'm posting this is because this really struck a chord with me. On that fateful day, I received a call from my mother asking my thoughts. Generally speaking, I was telling her that I would be happy to re-join the Army so I can help get the s.o.b.'s that did this. However, at the end of the call I was practically yelling into the receiver, "Where the hell were the fighters? Damn it, where were they?!?!?"

That was the first thing that ever caused me to pause and ponder darker possibilities as to what had occurred that day. How could a jet hit the Pentagon 34 minutes after any question about an attack taking place had been settled by the second tower being hit? And to do so unimpeded?

Like I said, many of you on both sides of the 9/11 aisle will consider this video a rehashing of events.

Still, I hope to hear from some of you as to what your thoughts are.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Why did the video leave out Dick Cheney? He was in charge at NORAD when it happened any was running war games at the time. He was the one that gave the orders to not take off these guys in the video are just the fall guys in case everything falls apart.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
indeed, where´s good ol´ dick?

any remember this?
- plane is 50 miles out
- plane is 30 miles out
- plane is 10 miles out

'sir, plane is 10 miles out. do the orders still stand?'

Cheney 'ofcourse the orders still stand, have you heard anything to the contrary?'

that quote should speaks volumes in itself

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

reply to post by kn0wh0w

The omission of Dick Cheney's role struck me as strange as well. My only guess is that they are going strictly with what is considered "chain of command" in the strictest military sense.

As to Secretary Norman Mineta's testimony...

There seems to be no logical explanation for this, let alone how this totally screws up Cheney's version of events as to when he arrived in the command center.

God forbid the MSM ever follows up on that issue!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Very slick looking video, so unfortunately some of the gullible will lap it up and accept its conclusions without questioning it. Oh look, it's being promoted to sell a book. There's a surprise

Obstruction #1: The Otis jets could indeed have intercepted UAL175. Except that nobody outside NY ATC had an inkling that UAL175 had been hijacked in the first place. The FAA weren't notified until a minute or so before UAL175 crashed.

Obstruction #2: The Langley jets could indeed have intercepted AA77. Except that nobody knew that it had been hijacked, let alone that it was approaching Washington.

Obstruction #3: Now it's operating on the basic assumption that the Langley jets were scrambled towards Washington in the first place. Which, as you may recall, they weren't. As for the "strange routing", there's a lot of commercial & military airspace around Washington, so there's a good chance they were rerouting around that.

Obstruction #4: The very source cited by the video, makes it clear that the order from Cheney didn't make it through until after 10 AM. So all they had to go by prior to that, was to make a visual identification of the aircraft and then follow it. That was the standard procedure of the day.

Obstruction #5: And now he's being criticized for wanting it all. Keep in mind that noone knew for certain what was still flying wild, and that he already had an armed CAP over Washington and New York. The situation certainly warranted playing it safe and making sure all bases were covered for any future threats.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Despite your erudite comments aabove, i think the testimony of Sec, Minetta pretty much sums up what really happened.
The suspicions do not evaporate so easily with your explanations my friend, Nor do i think the prior election was even legal....
A whole bunch of good ole boys are playing hell with this country and theres no denying it.
This has been ongoing since Kennedy....

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by roboe

And your assumptions just proved what?

Still doesn’t explain why NORAD just stood around twiddling their thumbs, doing absolutely nothing.

You mean to tell us that no one saw any of these planes just flying around in highly restricted air-space for instance, (nuclear power plants) for a whole hour? I wonder who has the power to silence FAA, NORAD. Certainly not 19 invisible hijackers using stolen identities and later on seven of the alleged hijackers turned up alive and end up suing our government to clear their names.

If you can’t see there is something terribly wrong with the government story about the pentagon OS, then one would have to believe your trolling.
edit on 3-7-2011 by impressme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Interesting that so many people still place so much stock in Mr Mineta's testimony...especially since several other witnesses and documents showed that he was off on his recollection of the events of the day. Oh, I forgot, he was the ONLY witness...........

Ive always wondered why those supposedly in search of the truth, never bother with the other witnesses in front of the Commission.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vipertech0596

especially since several other witnesses and documents showed that he was off on his recollection of the events of the day. Oh, I forgot, he was the ONLY witness...........

How about showing us these documents?
You want to prove your allegations are true don’t you?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
reply to post by roboe

Still doesn’t explain why NORAD just stood around twiddling their thumbs, doing absolutely nothing.

You mean outside launching the jets they had available at their disposal?

You mean to tell us that no one saw any of these planes just flying around in highly restricted air-space for instance, (nuclear power plants) for a whole hour? I wonder who has the power to silence FAA, NORAD. Certainly not 19 invisible hijackers using stolen identities and later on seven of the alleged hijackers turned up alive and end up suing our government to clear their names.

Nobody. Because none of them flew for an hour after they were hijacked - and even more importantly, none of them flew for more than an hour after the FAA had notified NORAD of them being hijacked.

AA11: Hijacked at 8:14 AM, NORAD notified at 8:37 AM, Crashed at 8:46 AM. 9 minutes to act on.
UAL175: Hijacked at 8:42 AM, Crashed at 9:03 AM, NORAD (NEADS in this case) notified at 9:03 AM. 0 minutes to act on.
AA77; Hijacked at 8:51 AM, NORAD notified at 9:36, Crashed at 9:37 AM. 1 minute to act on.
UAL96: Hijacked at 9:26 AM, Crashed at 10:03 AM, NORAD (NEADS) notified at 10:07 AM.

As for the "hijackers are still alive"-theorem, that is so old and debunked, I'm not going to warrant that with a response. Anyone thick enough to still be using that is surely trolling.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

reply to post by roboe

If you can’t see there is something terribly wrong with the government story about the pentagon OS, then one would have to believe your trolling.

8:52: The F-15s at Otis Air National Guard Base are in the air, in the confusion of the morning, they do not have an intercept vector, nor is it clear that we are under attack. So the jets follow their protocol and take orbit in a military aircraft operating area over the ocean.

8:56, the transponder on Flight 77 is turned off. It will be another 36 minutes before it shows up again

9:03:02 Flight 175 crashes into the South Tower...at this point, it is clear we are under attack.

9:03, is also when NEADS is notified that Flight 175 is a hijack......too late for any kind of intercept. Ten minutes later, the F-15s are ordered to take up CAP over New York City.

9:32 Controllers at Dulles Approach see a fast moving target on their screens headed towards Washington, this is Flight 77, five minutes later it crashes into the Pentagon.

From the time that it became clear we were under attack until the time Flight 77 slammed into the Pentagon, it is thirty-four minutes. In other words, you claiming that the jets were flying around for an hour in highly restricted airspace is garbage.

In addition, it is noted by numerous sources and witnesses that Vice President Cheney does not get to the Situation Room until 9:37......putting to rest any idea that the "Do the orders still stand" refers to any jet other than United 93. Which got nowhere near Washington D.C.....of course by the time of its projected arrival over DC, there are F-16s in the air waiting on it. The pilots of which, have already decided that their only course of action was going to be to ram Flight 93, since their jets are not armed.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

www.911myths.com... Large collection of links to various sources showing that Mr Mineta was wrong in his recollections in regards to time. Especially the part where he said that the White House was in the process of being evacuated when he arrived.

The White House was ordered to be evacuated at 9:45 AM.....eight minutes AFTER Flight 77 hit the Pentagon.
edit on 3-7-2011 by vipertech0596 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by roboe

You mean outside launching the jets they had available at their disposal?
You mean when it was far too late don’t you?
Nobody. Because none of them flew for an hour after they were hijacked –

www.911timeline.net

8) 7:59 a.m.: American Airlines Flight 11 a Boeing 767-223ER with a maximum capacity of 181 passengers and 23,980 gallons of fuel, lifts off from Logan International Airport in Boston, Massachusetts, bound for Los Angeles International Airport in Los Angeles, California. Take-off was scheduled for 7:45. There are supposed to be 92 victims on board American Airlines Flight 11, yet when you add up the official death manifest list that was published on CNN.com, there are only 86 victims.
8:46:26 a.m.: American Airlines Flight 11 impacts the north side of the North Tower (1 World Trade Center) of the WTC between the 94th and 98th floors. American Airlines Flight 11 was flying at a speed of 490 miles per hour (MPH).

That’s approximately 47 minutes

12) 8:14 a.m.: United Airlines Flight 175 a Boeing 767-222 with a maximum capacity of 181 passengers and 23,980 gallons of fuel, lifts off from Logan International Airport in Boston, Massachusetts, bound for Los Angeles International Airport in Los Angeles, California. Take-off was scheduled for 7:58. There are supposed to be 65 victims on board, yet when you add up the official death manifest list that was published on CNN.com, there are only 56 victims.
58) 9:02:54 a.m.: United Airlines Flight 175 impacts the south side of the South Tower of the WTC between the 78th and 84th floors at a speed of over 500 MPH. Parts of the plane including an engine leave the building from its north side, to be found on the ground up to six blocks away.

www.911timeline.net...

That’s 48 minutes, you can nip-pick the minuets, however its close enough.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

reply to post by roboe
That’s 48 minutes, you can nip-pick the minuets, however its close enough.

So the USAF should have shot the airplane out of the skies before it had been hijacked? That seems rather dramatic in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Most people who have done some real research on this topic, know *911 myths website* supports the OS lies and nothing else.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

LOL.

I figured you would be too scared to open up the page and see links to 60Minutes....CNN....Fox...MSNBC..etc

In other words, too scared to see the evidence.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

60Minutes....CNN....Fox...MSNBC..etc
Yeah if there's anybody I trust to give honest, unbiased reporting, it's 60 minutes, CNN, Fox, and MSNBC.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/acda4a07806a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

As opposed to.. who? Prison Planet / Alex Jones? World Nut Daily? Canada Free Press? Killclown?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by roboe

How about engineers, physicists, architects, and so on with nothing to gain by stating their opinions on whether or not the official story is possible?
These fellas

Plus a myriad of evidence that not only goes against the official story but proves it to be impossible for many reasons, primarily for defying several laws of physics.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

especially since several other witnesses and documents showed that he was off on his recollection of the events of the day. Oh, I forgot, he was the ONLY witness...........

How about showing us these documents?
You want to prove your allegations are true don’t you?

Apparently you feel that your opinions are the facts and you just don’t answer questions that people ask of you to prove your claims.
The fact is you have proved nothing but made some claims from *911 myths, * some website?

LOL.

I figured you would be too scared to open up the page and see links to 60Minutes....CNN....Fox...MSNBC..etc

In other words, too scared to see the evidence.

Fact is people searching for the truth are not scared and are opened minded. Your assumptions of me are ridiculous at best.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join