It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow Chemtrail(s) (PICS) from 07/02/2011

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadMaxZombie
reply to post by Uncinus

no, i was talking about after the "roll cloud" Uncinus...there are a few seconds of sped up footage...jets criss-crossing.

Oh right. I take it that since you think contrails can't persist, then this is unusual?

Why exactly do you think contrails can't persist? All of science and history seems to disagree with you.

From a scientific perspective, given above 70% humidity at altitude, then it's physically impossible for a trail to not persist.

From a historical perspective, there have been accounts, photos, and film, of persisting contrails dating back many decades.

So why do you think they can't persist?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus
reply to post by MadMaxZombie

They all look like regular contrails and clouds to me. Was there one in particular you think is unusual or not a contrail?

yeah, all of them! haha! if these were normal flights...wouldn't we see contrails everyday? i know i don't. only certain days, certain times of the day, usually in the same section of the sky...usually covering the Sun...as you can see in the pics above, they are all i've gotten since March or so if this year. i'd say they were taken on maybe, 5-6 different occasions...just took a few different shots on the same days. i can't remember the last time i saw a cloudless sky at sundown...and i don't live in Seattle or London either!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MadMaxZombie

Contrail persistence varies based on the weather, which is why you don't see them all the time.

Contrails are essentially clouds. They are made of tiny ice crystals.

Burning a gallon of jet fuel will produce more than a gallon of water.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus
See here how the everest photo matches the color gradient based on particle size (although the change in size is not linear). Most of this region of the cloud has particles between 1 and 2.5 microns, with a steep drop-off in size below 1 micron.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8658f8e0f536.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 4-7-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

Dude, you are a total legend. You never fail to write something interesting and informative.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadMaxZombie
my other "trails" shots from 2011:

this is one where it almost looked like a trail was casting a shadow on the atmosphere above it:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/81f30141dd60.jpg[/atsimg]
[

it probably is casting a shadow, but on a thin layer of cloud below it, not above. Thin layers of cloud are essentially invisible and transparent if they are uniformly lit, and only become visible because hte shadow provides some contrast.

They look "above" because it is essentially impossible to tell how far away everythign is at that distance when it is all white against a blue background, and we naturally think the most obvious feature (the contrail) is closer.

As always (
) Uncinus has a page on contrail shadows - contrailscience.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirCoxone
I found this amazing image of such clouds over Everest, check out the pic. It's awesome.

Minor correction, that's not Everest (29,029 ft) , it's Thamserku (21,729 ft).

www.flickriver.com...

An Iridescent Cloud in Himalaya, I observed early morning on October 18, 2009 from path to Khumjung, just 500 meters from road fork to Gokyo and Tengboche. I was ahead of my friends, so when I met my Annapurna buddy, who was going to Khunjung (to see Yeti scalp) I decided to go with him for a while. We sat on stones to talk and drink my green tea and suddenly I saw this spectacular phenomena . It was my first time I've seen this phenomena and luckily I had my Nikon D90, so I was able to capture it. I called other people's attention (english wimin) to this, but not sure if they succeeded to capture it with their soap-camera. I was lucky also, because my friends didn't see anything. Turbulence, ice crystals in the low cloud and wonderful Himalaya produce this great picture. The mountain is Thamserku (6623 m).

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
There's some more images of the cloud, showing how it evolved over time:

www.flickr.com...
edit on 4-7-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

this is one where it almost looked like a trail was casting a shadow on the atmosphere above it:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/81f30141dd60.jpg[/atsimg]

it probably is casting a shadow, but on a thin layer of cloud below it, not above. Thin layers of cloud are essentially invisible and transparent if they are uniformly lit, and only become visible because hte shadow provides some contrast.

Very true. Perspective is difficult to comprehend in a large sky with little reference to get a sense of it in our brains. The shadows are always below the trail, because that's how it works in our world; sun > cloud > shadow.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/388a7b9bf2d9.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8478088ce032.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f965e3bb0968.jpg[/atsimg]

Where the shadow falls depends on the distance between the trail and the cloud deck where the shadow forms in relation to the sun's aspect.

edit on 7/4/2011 by czygyny because: wandering html code

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
if it helps, that shadow of the trail pic, was taken probably around 9-10 am est a couple of months ago. now, in the pic, it looks like it could be a clear sky that day...it was overcast (i think with a little help too) except for this area in the sky where i picked up the shadow, there were a few sections of blue...i was facing southwest in that particular shot pointing my cam almost directly above my head...some of the pics (with the Sun in them) i posted earlier are from the same day and the same area i took the "shadow" pic...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
the pic of the Sun right before the shadow trail pic is from the same location/day/time...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join