It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain Dead Cops Taser Dog Twice Just For The Hell Of It

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

The American Bulldog's muzzle looks more like an American Boxer's muzzle with the jowls, whereas the American Pitbull's doesn't. That's the biggest facial difference I see between the 2 breeds.

I still don't see anyone posting they would've rather seen the police officer pull his service pistol rather than his taser. Are people trying to get rid of tasers now in their local police departments in favor of using pistols again?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Righthandofthepeople

Explanation: How about YOU post some facts! :shk:

How many volts of electricity would it take to kill someone? [bigquestion.wordpress.com]

Gavin Brown, on March 12, 2008 at 3:21 pm said:
It’s not volts that kill it’s the Amps…. you only need 50mA across your heart to kill you, there is enough in a 9v battery to kill you under the right conditions.
Voltage just pushes the current through you, the higher the voltage the easier the path through your body, it all depends upon your resistance, if you touch a 9v battery with your dry finger you won’t feel anything, if you wet your finger and try again you will get a current flow and you will feel it tingle. (don’t try this at home) (especially if you have a pace maker)

Furthere reading at Electric Shock [wiki]

Personal Disclosure: About 12vlts AND 0.7amps AC or DC for 1 second across your chest/heart is enough to be lethal OK!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Maybe I missed it, but what Police dept was this?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
that dog wasn't a threat, a person that owned a dog could see that. it's barked was half-hearted and it always looked to the side as if to make sure the owner was impressed. it's facial expression was pretty happy, and the dog probably would of licked them to death.

that being, they were well within thier right to do that, who knows for sure what a dog MIGHT do. however, the second one (taze) was waaay out of line. so I mean I can see where they were coming from and understand why they did what they did, but, my dog often got out about the area and acted the same. he wouldn't of hurt a fly, infact he was terrified of insects and it would kill me to see him get strong armed from the law.

this one is a toss-up.....

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
as usual american cops show how violent and criminal they are . they are scumbags who think they are above the law.

BRING THE PITCHFORKS PEOPLE!!!!STORM THE BASTILLE!!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyshouldI trustyou2619
Maybe I missed it, but what Police dept was this?

It was in Lakewood, OH in July 2009.

Lakewood police shock dog with Taser; pit bull was acting aggressively, they say

LAKEWOOD — A Lakewood police officer used a Taser Saturday to subdue a dog officers said was acting aggressively in the 2100 block of Robin Street near Plover Street.

The Taser is equipped with a video camera that was partially obscured by Patrolman Terry Lowther's hand as he pulled the trigger. The video shows the dog being shocked and biting the noose being placed around its neck. An officer then drags the dog toward a vehicle and it is shocked again.

The dog recovered and was taken to the Lakewood animal shelter.

Police and the dog warden said the dog is a pit bull, which must be registered to live in the city. The owner told police the dog, whose name is Otis, is a boxer. Daniel Kier, 36, of Plover Street, was cited for having a dangerous animal and letting the dog run loose. Kier said he was sleeping when the dog got loose.

Lowther wrote in his report that he didn't shoot the dog with his gun because it was standing on blacktop and he feared a bullet would ricochet and strike a house or three bystanders. He ordered the people away and used the Taser. Officers encountered the dog after responding to an unrelated call.

Same video in story as in OP of thread. And, according to the owner at least, it was a boxer.
edit on 7/4/11 by Ferris.Bueller.II because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MIDNIGHTSUN
Jesus! I understand that as a professional, officers should follow a code of conduct. But tasing the dog twice when it has been incapacitated is just plain animal cruelty and unwarranted. Poor creature, he doesn't seem to have a owner either. I am beginning to ask myself whether officers can distinguish between right and wrong. Seems like some officers are just professional bullies and thugs.

Sorry,but it happens.LEO's need to protect themselves.Yes,there are some BAD officers out there,I will agree wholeheartedly. LEO's should be held to a higher standard,IMHO. But take for instance this story...............

This officer had the RIGHT to kill this dog,for his safety. HE DIDNT. They used a tazer instead. LEO's ACTUALLY gave this dog BACK to the owner. Are they BRAIN DEAD also ????????? NO. The "laws" are there to protect everyone,Owners and officers.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Im so sick of people blaming cops for every damn thing.

Dogs are VERY unpredictable. I don't give a crap how trained or how "puppish" one is. They are animals and you cannot predict how they will respond in every situation. THAT dog lunged and there was no way of knowing what danger it posed - but lunging is a sign the dog is going to attack. While I love animals and hate to see them hurt, one must protect themselves against one if it is coming at them.

Have any of you cop bashers ever seen someone mauled or bit by a dog? Ever? You would most certainly think twice about your stance then.

I have a huge German Shepherd. She is the sweetest dog ever - but if she feels threatened by you, she would easily kill you. In fact, twice I have been outside with her and she felt threatened by someone and started going after them. I panicked and was very afraid she would escape my hold and do some serious damage. Luckily nothing happened.

If I had a dog coming at me - I would use whatever force I could to stop it. Taser. Gun. Whattheheckever....

This is nothing but another excuse to bash cops - just because one can

edit on July 5th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I hate police and the criminal authorities as much as anyone, and I didn't notice anything wrong with this video. That was a pit bull, was it not? My friend was mauled by one and bitten dozens of times while protecting children, who might have been killed if he hadn't been there. Some state shelters have a policy to kill any pit bull that gets into their custody. That policy seems harsh, but the truth is that pit bulls are simply dangerous.

I can support people's freedom to own a pit bull if they are responsible owners, but I would also support any laws that would punish the owners as fully responsible for the dog's crimes. Such as, if the dog killed someone innocent (someone who was not intentionally provoking the dog and who wasn't an intruder in the home) the owners should then be punished for murder. That's a fair compromise for someone wants to keep a vicious animal, that they would be held responsible for its actions.

They had it on a little flimsy restraint. It was apparently still causing trouble after the first tasing. We can't see what it was doing exactly at that point but it looked like it was trying to bolt after someone. It's a DOG, and a vicious dog at that. It shouldn't be treated like a human because it isn't a human and isn't going to respond to language unless it's well-trained. Show me in the video where they are doing it "just for the hell of it" or showing any kind of enjoyment over it, because I didn't see that anywhere.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
So what exactly is the issue?

Everything seems legit and by the book. : /

Haters gonna hate, I guess.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Im going to bite on this......so dont be too mad.

Yes,there are A LOT of cop bashing threads. That I will agree on. Is it warranted is the question. With the amount of injustice out there,Criminals included,it is something that NEEDS to be addressed. Not bashing police officers,but letting the public KNOW that LEO's are maybe abusing the very laws they have sworn to protect. This particular situation with the dog,WAS warranted,in my humble opinion. Animals are just that ,Animals. Subject to behavior,that if not properly trained,can kill. But back onto the cop bashing,I feel that there should be a thread,Just as there is a thread for Good cop story's,and videos. Where those on ATS can post all the injustice that LEO's are subjugating on the common man. I submit a website that tracks these acts,and to show you it might be as common,as some on ATS tend to make it out. I might just start a thread,so you wont have to see the 5 or more a month you have been seeing.............

Injustice Everywhere

BTW,this is a site that tracks daily police misconduct. You will be surprised.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Have you thought that maybe the dog was like Lassie and was looking for help because its owner may be in trouble? Just because it's a pit bull dog doesn't mean it wants to chew off anyone's face. Of course, I may thinking way off. My bad.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

What is that?

Timmy fell down the well?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Righthandofthepeople
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

50000 volts can not stop a heart. The average static electric shock is 100000 to 120000 volts... You must fear walking on carpet like its the hire wire over the grand canyon. Try talking to people in the know before you post "facts".

Wrong see the below quotes, from this OSHA link
How Electrical Current Effects The Human Body

Wet conditions are common during low-voltage electrocutions. Under dry conditions, human skin is very resistant. Wet skin dramatically drops the body's resistance. Dry Conditions: Current = Volts/Ohms = 120/100,000 = 1mA a barely perceptible level of current Wet conditions: Current = Volts/Ohms = 120/1,000 = 120mA sufficient current to cause ventricular fibrillation Bac

When muscular contraction caused by stimulation does not allow the victim to free himself from the circuit, even relatively low voltages can be extremely dangerous, because the degree of injury increases with the length of time the body is in the circuit. LOW VOLTAGE DOES NOT IMPLY LOW HAZARD! 100mA for 3 seconds = 900mA for .03 seconds in causing fibrillation

High voltage electrical energy greatly reduces the body's resistance by quickly breaking down human skin. Once the skin is punctured, the lowered resistance results in massive current flow. Ohm's law is used to demonstrate the action. At 1,000 volts, Current = Volts/Ohms = 1,000/500 = 2 Amps which can cause cardiac arrest and serious damage to internal organs.

You do know who OSHA is don't you.

Try talking to people in the know before you post "facts

good advise, maybe you should practice what you preach.

i have been a industrial electrician for the past 20yrs. i work in maintenance and repair of electrical equipment every day.
edit on 5-7-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join