It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Crushing This Tower?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by -PLB-

the plane that hit the South tower didn't hit exactally in the middle, but off to one side, where the structure would now have less support and have been weakened some. You have to watch one of the many videos of both towers collaspsing to see if there is a similarity on how they fell.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The reason the top is gone is because it started crushing itself before the bottom section started to crush itself.

The top did not cause the crushing, it simply couldn't according to the laws of motion, watch closely you can see the top and bottom collapsed independent of each other...

The top is obviously not behind the dust cloud, as there is not enough dust to completely cover it. Some of you OSers have either extremely bad visual abilities, or you are simply being purposely obtuse.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by turbofan
There is still about 900-1000 feet remaining of this structure. I drew a red line to show the approximate average
of the remaining wall outline.

Where is the 300 foot section of the upper block that is supposed to be crushing the building and causing all
of the debris to shoot laterally?

Can anyone find it? There should be a block at least the width of the tower sitting above the debris cloud,
but it's not there.

Hmmmm....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b55f52cf63e.jpg[/atsimg]

Why should it be above the dust cloud care to explain!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
The reason the top is gone is because it started crushing itself before the bottom section started to crush itself.

The top did not cause the crushing, it simply couldn't according to the laws of motion, watch closely you can see the top and bottom collapsed independent of each other...

The top is obviously not behind the dust cloud, as there is not enough dust to completely cover it. Some of you OSers have either extremely bad visual abilities, or you are simply being purposely obtuse.

Here we go the laws of MOTION right ANOK please explain to everyone if this is what you claim is true, you say that because the mass of the upper floors are less than the mass below thats why the collapse should stop further up is that you are claiming this is just in case some here haven't seen this from you before confirm if that is what you are stating!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I think this picture speaks volumes. Not only that but I find no OS believers that can explain what is really going on in this picture. It seems all they can do is throw the question of proof back to you. This of course is a joke because they should be explaining to us what is happening, and they can't. I mean look at the building BLOWING UP in front of them and all they can do is mock and ridicule. Wake up people, you have no answer as to what is taking place in this picture and you should because your Gov't says gravity is doing it, period.

I guess we should just pay our taxes and shut up.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by turbofan

I know I starred sek82 post.
.I still think we should always remember the day THEY took down the towers.. and alot of peoples hopes and dreams..we were awakened and we need to stay reminded at times..S&F

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I can play devil's advocate for a moment.
The outside structure of the tower is a hollow shell. The concrete slabs inside the building were atttached to the outside hollow shell. The connections were broken between the slabs of concrete for the floors and the outside hollow shell. The floors then began to fall one on top of each other inside this hollow shell. The hollow shell failed after many floors inside the building had fell many floors. But the hollow shell diid serve as a chimney. And like a chimney the smoke and heat went out the top. Notice theres not much in weight coming out the top. Smoke burning papers some drapery so on.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
The outside structure of the tower is a hollow shell. The concrete slabs inside the building were atttached to the outside hollow shell. The connections were broken between the slabs of concrete for the floors and the outside hollow shell. The floors then began to fall one on top of each other inside this hollow shell. The hollow shell failed after many floors inside the building had fell many floors. But the hollow shell diid serve as a chimney. And like a chimney the smoke and heat went out the top. Notice theres not much in weight coming out the top. Smoke burning papers some drapery so on.

The floors were also attached to the inner core, not just the outer mesh.

If that happened as you say the laws of motion would come into play and the collapse would have slowed and stopped long before it was complete. I don't have time to go through it all now but this is explained in detail in other threads.

It doesn't explain how the core telescoped down through the path of increasing most resistance. 47 core columns tapered in size from bottom to top.

wtcmodel.wikidot.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Using the hambro floor joist system the internal columns would not do much once a problem started. The joist would simply fall apart.

The joist would span from the outside shell to the center support columns. And would be holding all the concrete flooring. The center where the colmn supports are located would contain hollow elevator shafts and supply shafts.

The white in this picture is concrete.

911research.wtc7.net...

Heres a picture of the hambro type floor joist which spanned across the building supporting the floors. And Hambro floor joist are not very strong when the force is not straight down.

swirnowstructures.com...
edit on 29-6-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

reply to post by ANOK

Using the hambro floor joist system the internal columns would not do much once a problem started. The joist would simply fall apart.

The joist would span from the outside shell to the center support columns. And would be holding all the concrete flooring. The center where the colmn supports are located would contain hollow elevator shafts and supply shafts.

The white in this picture is concrete.

911research.wtc7.net...

Heres a picture of the hambro type floor joist which spanned across the building supporting the floors. And Hambro floor joist are not very strong when the force is not straight down.

swirnowstructures.com...

So All you are proving is that the building was soo rigid it could hold its structure together even if you took sections out. It would still hold together. You lose. Join our side please. It's obvious.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Wizayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wizayne

How is that. I proved that the concrete floors can colapse without effecting the outer shell or the inner columns. The hambro floor joist are weak and span from the outer shell to the inner columns and if they go the floors go. Wfile the outside walls look uneffected the interior of the building was collapsing. The sudden rush of air that was between the floors of each level would be forced to find a way out blowing out windows and blowing debris up ward and out the top of the shell as if it were a chimney.

Hambro floor joist are not the strongest thing in the world.

The black pipes in the picture are probly three inches to give you a comparison of the size these floor joist are.

Heres another picture showing how the columns would of supported the floors. Notice the small hambro joist.

www.flickr.com...@N02/5326102952/in/set-72157625750958712/lightbox/

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Wizayne

How is that. I proved that the concrete floors can colapse with...

"Floors CAN collapse ..." And I will stop you right there. Sure they CAN. But did they?

I respect you Sir. Both for your time and your input. But where I am in this gig can be somed up like this:

What the F*** happened? Not what the hay COULD have happened. It's been ten frigging years. All these wars and deaths and laws and rules,and you and I are discussing what could have F***ING happened. Youre talking to the wrong guy.

I truly hope you are just some real dude or chick somewhere that really feels like I felt years ago when I believed everything I was told. I hope you keep asking questions and if you truly are un sure, you allow yourself to be un sure, then take it from there with an open mind.

I'm officially out of this thread. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

It needs to be above the line to crush the rest of the building

Sorry, but only a few floors were taken out by the aircraft, and a small portion of columns were damaged.

Even "IF" the top section fell 36-45 feet onto the structure below, it wouldn't blow itself apart. ~300 feet of
building just doesn't disappear from falling by gravity a few floors.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

The easy solution to the problem is to draw the red line a bit lower.

The funny thing about all those images with lines is that these lines are always drawn in places a truther finds convenient without making clear why they are drawn in that place. After that claims are made about those lines as if they have any significance. It is really nothing more than the imagination of a truther we are looking at. The red line in the image is not the point where the building is collapsing. In fact, you can clearly see the actual point of collapse, it is where the dust clouds are ejecting the building, more than 13 stories (approx size of top section) below the line.
edit on 30-6-2011 by -PLB- because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-
In fact, you can clearly see the actual point of collapse, it is where the dust clouds are ejecting the building, more than 13 stories (approx size of top section) below the line

But if the line was drawn at the actual point of collapse it would destroy any conspiracy theory and this thread would be yet another meaningless thread started by a truther....

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

There is still about 900-1000 feet remaining of this structure. I drew a red line to show the approximate average
of the remaining wall outline.

Where is the 300 foot section of the upper block that is supposed to be crushing the building and causing all
of the debris to shoot laterally?

Can anyone find it? There should be a block at least the width of the tower sitting above the debris cloud,
but it's not there.

Hmmmm....

Very good observation turbofan, its indeed Hmmmm....
Perhaps this book could be interesting for you, its from Dr. Judy Wood and called "Where did the Towers go".

drjudywood.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

The floors were also attached to the inner core, not just the outer mesh.

If that happened as you say the laws of motion would come into play and the collapse would have slowed and stopped long before it was complete. I don't have time to go through it all now but this is explained in detail in other threads.

It doesn't explain how the core telescoped down through the path of increasing most resistance. 47 core columns tapered in size from bottom to top.

wtcmodel.wikidot.com...

Sorry ANOK but telescope down you saw the spire the damaged core steel that stood for a few seconds and then collapsed, the floors were linked to one tube internally ie the walls and one externally ie the core.

So the floors could fall if the connections are over loaded it got nothing to do with the strength of the walls or core the floor connections held the floors its that simple!!! 2- 5/8" dia bolts at each truss end thats what held the floors in position!!!! Details below

Why dont you ask an a structural engineer BUT you wont!

If your notion of the laws of motion in a building collapse were true can you explain how the slabs from the top of this tower made it all the way to the bottom!

If what you claim was true the collapse would NOT have got as far down the building!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

reply to post by wmd_2008

Sorry, but only a few floors were taken out by the aircraft, and a small portion of columns were damaged.

Even "IF" the top section fell 36-45 feet onto the structure below, it wouldn't blow itself apart. ~300 feet of
building just doesn't disappear from falling by gravity a few floors.

What did it fall against nothing????? Obviously looking at your statement above YOU dont know the type of loads this would generate, do you have any construction experience?????

You cant actually see much because of the dust after the collapse.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Oh my gosh!!! Another person who gets it!!! Thank you!

Also, not just the joists, but the seats that connected the top chord of the truss were welded on, and there is ample evidence of these failing by either snapping clean off, or the bolts were ripped out by the shearing forces, or the entire seat was bent down. A great paper was written about this here:

www.aws.org...

I do hope you will also read through this as it supplements what you are saying. ANOK keeps ignoring it as it flies in the face of his magical and woefully inadequate and simplistic version of physics.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Look up video captured of the collapse close up. I think the very very loud explosions give you a good idea of what pulverized the tower.

edit on 30-6-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

For comparison look up this video of a controlled demolition.

The last row of explosions which are in fast succession, sound very similiar to those of the WTC building, which are even faster. Notice that after the charges went off the building itself coming down does not make that much noise, at least not that much makes it on tape.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join