It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000 Teen Flash Mob Ruins Ohio festival

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Kids these days! Why, when I was a kid.... Kids never..... Wait.... My parents used to say the same thing..... So did there parents.... What the.....?

Seriously though, this does need to be stopped. I guess I am trying to say, when we blame "kids these days", we must realize that we have ALWAYS blamed "kids these days" saying that our generation would never do things like this.... Yeah we would.....

There have been trouble makers in ever generation.... Kids doing stupid and illegal things because they think it is fun or cool. That is nothing new....

Now, that said, this needs to stop.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Here's the thing. Where are the details here? What crimes were committed? Where? By whom, upon whom? See, in every case I've seen, these "mobs" turn out to be nothing worth mention. They are sensationalized, ginned up, and often outright fabricated to play to a certain segment of the audience who, unlike you, don't seem at all hesitant to "play the race card"

This story in particular. There's no details at all. No footage, other than that of a peaceful crowd and two kids being taken by cops, after, apparently, having been morons who tried to scuffle with said cops.

And suddenly it's "HORDES OF BLACK TEENAGERS" according to whoever wrote the title for the video. it's RAMPANT CRIME! according to the OP.

Some people want to be outraged about stuff. And some of them, like the OP, will tell complete lies in order to have something to feel outraged about.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by elouina

Actually no, that's a still from the previous story in the newscast your video features. Any idiot who's ever seen a news program can realize this. Outright lying doesn't really help your position, especially when it's obvious.

You have no right to accuse anyone of lying. That is extremely rude! That was part of the video. And right now I am having difficuly even getting the video to load to see it again. In order to ascertain if it is in fact from something else or part of the incident. I assumed that if it was included in the video, it was part of it.

Secondly, my position is that this serious event disrupted a fair. How am I wrong about this? No lets just enact a 6PM curfew for all children for the fun of it.
edit on 30-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
You have no right to accuse anyone of lying. That is extremely rude!

So is lying.

That was part of the video. And right now I am having difficuly even getting the video to load to see it. In order to ascertain if it is in fact from something else or part of the incident. I assumed that if it was included in the video, it was part of it.

You posted the video without watching it, then posted a still picture from it, claiming that it was evidence from the video you didn't watch?

Secondly, my position is that this serious event disrupted a fair. How am I wrong about this? No lets just enact a 6PM curfew for all children for the fun of it.

I don't know, because we have next to zero information. Just a lot of your assumptions.Some of which seem completely based on... oh, let's not be rude. Let's call them counter-facts. Your assumptions seem to be based on counter-facts.

Why the curfew? 'Cause the usual reaction of any municipality to any sort of trouble, is to criminalize teenagers. Regardless of the actual facts. There's the assumption that teenagers are all evil miscreants just waiting to - apparently - walk down a public street, or something. THE NERVE!
edit on 30/6/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Ahabstar

Here's the thing. Where are the details here? What crimes were committed? Where? By whom, upon whom? See, in every case I've seen, these "mobs" turn out to be nothing worth mention. They are sensationalized, ginned up, and often outright fabricated to play to a certain segment of the audience who, unlike you, don't seem at all hesitant to "play the race card"

This story in particular. There's no details at all. No footage, other than that of a peaceful crowd and two kids being taken by cops, after, apparently, having been morons who tried to scuffle with said cops.

And suddenly it's "HORDES OF BLACK TEENAGERS" according to whoever wrote the title for the video. it's RAMPANT CRIME! according to the OP.

Some people want to be outraged about stuff. And some of them, like the OP, will tell complete lies in order to have something to feel outraged about.

Why don't we just turn this into a personal attack on me? Just for reporting on something I read and was interested in? And wanted to discuss with other interested individuals? Oh wait you already did.

As for the evidence, what you see is what you get. Obviously most of the video footage was from when it was already handled. And all we have is accounts from first hand witnesses.

And I will always be the first to admit when I am mistaken. I found an article that said that there was no significant damage. So that would mean the truck footage was from something else.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The cops here in Seattle would have taken this crowd out!!
I love Seattle

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
The second we see the police getting tough with these flash mobs certain members here will be screaming police brutality. OMG POLICE STATE!!!ONE!1!

I personally see this as another reason to crack down on the internet. Hackers everywhere, mobs being organized, kids buying drugs with illegal (BitCoin) currency!

Something needs to be done, lets hope it's done rationally.

I'm almost 100% convinced that TPTB are organizing this crap. Same deal as putting operatives into a peaceful protest to turn it violent. They ultimately want absolute control and they will achieve it by any means necessary. They'll cause whatever problems they want then offer us the "solution", until we naively accept.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

And that is the thing about this Flash Mob deal. It is both very under reported by the media (if at all) and details are always vague and sketchy. Many of these things do fall under general hooliganism type stuff. Such as this one where kids organized to "block out" vending booths. Other than vendor's waste of time and money on booth space, one would think "where is the crime?"

Video? Usually any time these Flash Mobs are caught on video is when a store surveillance catches them or they video it themselves on camera phones and post it to YouTube. I doubt that any of the local news teams were at the fair when these this happened. And probably would not have recognized it as anything other than a crowded booth if they were.

Personally, I would rather not see the historical answer being used...again, ask Genghis Khan, the Vikings or the Plains Indian Tribes how it worked out for them in the end.

This is also just a start up group that has heard about it and tried it out. I encourage you to actually to start researching into this to see what you can find especially on the more violent end spectrum. And consider this, how many of these teenagers might start doing this with a 9mm tucked away in case it is needed? Especially as they discover that local law enforcement cannot mobilize fast enough to intercept and are often horribly outnumbered if they can arrive on the scene and can do little more that watch from a safe distance as they wait for backup.

That is the problem...considering what will happen in time. And is probably the impetus of not reporting. Besides as soon as it is reported as "a bunch of black youths are..." the whole thing will have bigger players screaming racism, clouding the issue where it does not need to be focused. Furthering the problem rather than helping to find a solution.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Why don't we just turn this into a personal attack on me?
Just for reporting on something I read and was interested in?

[color=SkyBlue]Actual title of linked article: Mob of Teens Blamed for Ruining Popular Festival
[color=3BB9FF]Mob
[color=3BB9FF]Accused

[color=ADA96E]Title of Thread: 1000 Teen Flash Mob Ruins Ohio festival
[color=C9BE62]1000
[color=C9BE62]Guilty

flash mobs are getting out of hand.
[color=BCE954]poilce need to get tough with these children

Parents should have some clue what their children are up to.
We are not talking about a few misbehaving children looking for trouble.
This is a thousand!

=Above and beyond "Just reporting on something I read"

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Mod-Note

Discuss the topic, not each other. Personal attacks will be penalized.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Looks like they are considering even more changes on top of the 6PM curfiew. Perhaps even cancelling Julys fair.

Council is looking to pass legislation that would prevent juveniles from being without parental or guardian supervision in places such as the Coventry shopping district and Cain Park.

Also, the opportunity for escalation was there. The phrase "mob mentality" was coined for a reason.

The third man, 19, was charged with aggravated riot and attempted burglary after he reached for the gun in a police officer’s holster

Fights force Heights to 'take back streets'

This wasn't the first time they have had problems.

CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, Ohio — Police are trying to figure out what brought more than 100 teens to Severance Town Center where a riot broke out over the weekend. More than 100 teens converged on the Wal-Mart at the shopping center Sunday evening, some taking bicycles off the wall and riding them in the aisles. Then the crowd moved to the nearby Regal Cinema where other teens joined them and a melee broke out.Six girls, ages 15 and 16, were arrested and charged with aggravated rioting, Chief Martin Lentz said.

More Than 100 Teens To Severance Town Center Where Riot Erupte (Feb 18, 2010 )

In fact, there were problems at the Coventry fair last year too.

CLEVELAND HEIGHTS -- An exciting and lively Coventry Street Arts Fair took a sour turn last night when nine people were arrested for rioting and fighting near the end of the fair.

Total arrests now at 9 from fights at Coventry Street Arts Fair (June 18, 2010)

So how do they fix this, and fairly? I see just a terrible situation all around. The innocent childern suffer, the merchants suffer, in fact the entire community suffers. This is a community in need. When I look at all their ideas for fixing the problem, perhaps the one requiring parental supervsion in certain areas is a good idea. Not just for safety and security reasons. But because it would bring the families and their children together more often. Unity...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join